PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear Lake Bass Tournaments

AaronBigBearBassFishing
04-13-2012, 03:10 PM
Big Bear Charter Fishing and Big Bear Cool Cabins would like to extend an invitation to six bass tournaments in Big Bear Lake in 2012. These tournaments are being held to promote bass fishing and Big Bear Lake. 90% of the entry fees will go to payout for prize money and the other 10% goes to the Municipal Water District to stock more bass in the lake. Our primary goal is to have fun and to encourage the sport of fishing. We also want to inform the general public that Big Bear Lake is a great place to bass fish. The tournaments well be held at B’s Backyard BBQ, a local restaurant on the lake. Food will be provided for tournament participants, there will also be 30 courtesy boat slips available on site. Big Bear Cool Cabins is offering discounts on cabin rentals for bass fisherman and their families. Big Bear Lake has many activities for those family members who do not participate in the event. Dates and other information are available on the flyer below. For further information or entry forms, please feel free to email info@bigbearfishing.com or call 1-800-475-3166.

Fastfish
04-15-2012, 07:08 PM
I for one am not happy to be hearing about bass tournaments being held on our beautiful lake the bass fishery there is too fragile when dealing with hi-elevation cold water bass theres gotta be a better way to promote your business interests and that of the other businesses within the area.

Btbdodgers
04-15-2012, 07:40 PM
cant wait! thanks for the update!

largemouthlad
04-15-2012, 07:57 PM
what are the rewards? haha...anybody need a partner for the May date ?....actually i might bring my boat

TopwaterBassin
04-17-2012, 05:37 PM
Planning on hitting at least two of them this year, I used to live up there and miss fishing that lake for LMB.

scott e
04-19-2012, 08:30 PM
Fishing is real good, especially considering ther was a foot of snow and cold weather this past weekend. Smallmouth starting to show up in the mix as well. The lake is only a foot and a half from full with main lake water temp at 48 and you can find water as warm as 56 in sheltered areas in the afternoon. With this warm weather (daytime high about 70), the bite on tourney day (saturday april 28th) is gonna be awesome! Big Bear MWD has done an unbelievable job restoring the fishery over the last 6 or 7 years and it's fishing as good as it did 10 or 12 years ago, maybe even better. Come up and check it out, I fished the spring tourney in Big Bear last year and it was a blast! Aaron and his staff do a nice job putting on great bass events.

LunkerLover
04-20-2012, 03:35 PM
I for one am not happy to be hearing about bass tournaments being held on our beautiful lake the bass fishery there is too fragile when dealing with hi-elevation cold water bass theres gotta be a better way to promote your business interests and that of the other businesses within the area.

I've actually read several research reports that state that BBL's LMB population has been on the increase since the late 80's and genetically, the bass in the lake have assimilated.

Remember that these tourneys are 100% catch-and-release and with the little pressure those greenies are getting, I'm sure ther don't have torn lips....

scott e
04-23-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm fishing this tourney with my buddy Chris. Nice weather forecast (air temp in the 60's) and a 9:00 A.M. start time fishing till 5:00 p.m. Gonna be fun, hope to see a few of you up in Big Bear for this.