PDA

View Full Version : Popper Lures

Poseidon
04-13-2012, 02:16 AM
How exactly do you fish with these lures. I tried mine out but, i didnt know if I just reel it in and let the lure do its thing or if I have to pop it while reeling it in O.o
im lost.....

I didnt get a single bite on it, hopefully next time!

sweetfish
04-13-2012, 07:45 AM
I usually pop my lure around structure. Switching it up between 1 pop and 2 pops to give a different presentation.

Sublime-Steve
04-13-2012, 10:25 AM
use mono.. you gonna take ur pole n swing down slighlly and it will create a bubble that makes a noise.. do that.. wait.. do it a couple time.. wait.. work it near structure weed lines.. and if bass r crashing bait fish in the open water try that 2

Poseidon
04-13-2012, 10:08 PM
Thanks alot, now it makes more sense, when i first started fishing with my popper i just tossed it out and reeled it in without popping it. Thanks ALOT guys cant wait till i hook up on a stripper or lmb with the popper!! im using 8lb test, is that to light?

TopwaterBassin
04-14-2012, 10:22 AM
10# minimum, 8# will work, but on a good Topwater strike and run, you have a better chance of not breaking off. Also, medium-heavy/fast action rod (best), or medium/fast action rod. Remember to let the fish run with the plug/popper before you set the hook, DO NOT set the hook as soon as you see the splash/strike, make sure you feel the fish running with it first (pressure), then, BAM, set it. Hope this helps, and good luck. Aint no fishin like TOPWATER fishin......

TopwaterBassin
04-14-2012, 10:24 AM
use mono.. you gonna take ur pole n swing down slighlly and it will create a bubble that makes a noise.. do that.. wait.. do it a couple time.. wait.. work it near structure weed lines.. and if bass r crashing bait fish in the open water try that 2

You almost sound like you know what you are talking about Steve...HA