PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach Surf

smooshsh
04-12-2012, 11:55 PM
Been awhile since I had a weekday off, so I decided to hit the surf even with the bad weather. First location went well. barely shy of 23" Halibut, but had to cut it short. had my back turned and that was a big mistake on my part. Waders, phone, and clothes were all wet. I tried to fish, but wind and tides picked up. Decided to change and head to 72nd to avoid the wind. No love at 72nd. Fished there for an hour and decided to leave. Cant complain about the day since part of it was at the beach.34518

DockRat
04-13-2012, 05:53 AM
Sounds funny, 'Long Beach Surf' ? Proper swell direction and the swell comes through the LB Port entrance.

There is actually a spot called 'Wilmington Beach' near Berth 179 across the main channel from the the Scrap Metal dock near the VT bridge. Some locals erected a 6' sign that says 'Wilmington Beach' at the PST steel dock. (No public access).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CifFc036g1k

koifish
04-13-2012, 06:53 AM
nice catch.

smooshsh
04-13-2012, 07:22 AM
Thanks for the info Dockrat, and thanks to you koifish.

Cableguy
04-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Nice catch Smoosh. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought over 22'' was legal?

Mr_Dunev
04-13-2012, 09:47 AM
Nice seeing you out there yesterday. Sorry about your phone

TUNAVIC
04-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Nice butt! Always envy you surf fishing guys.
Also cool video DR!

smooshsh
04-13-2012, 12:14 PM
Yup. 22" cableguy. Measuring from the opposite side was a little over 22". Learn my lesson though. Back to the surf is a nono. Nice seeing you out there Dunev. 72nd was pretty tough yesterday.

bachiboy
04-14-2012, 12:37 AM
I'm right there with you brother. I didn't have my back turned but took a full frontal blow by a shore break which got my phone drenched and out of commission...not fun. Glad you got a nice flatty out of it!

koifish
04-14-2012, 03:25 PM
look what happened to my Iphone 2 weeks ago in Ventura.....after recovered and worked for 2 weeks and it dead this morning. Now I need to replace the LCD. hahaha

GETBIT!
04-14-2012, 08:40 PM
Nice LBC legal
Tough luck guys but dont feel to bad Donated my iPhone to the 72st jetty last Tuesday lost everything including contacts que the violin R.I.P buddy

bachiboy
04-14-2012, 08:53 PM
look what happened to my Iphone 2 weeks ago in Ventura.....after recovered and worked for 2 weeks and it dead this morning. Now I need to replace the LCD. hahaha
Hey Koifish,
It was nice meeting you a couple of weeks ago down south. I was the guy leaving the beach and you and some friends were just walking in.

The phone I drenched was an iPhone 3. Not sure if that is the same model you or Smooshsh just damaged. My 3G seems to be operational. I just hooked it up and it still works. When I tried it when it first happened, I got a "sync" message and figured I just lost all my contacts and info on the phone. I took that as a good opportunity to upgrade to a 4G. I don't want to sell this on Ebay in case it is going to go bad in a couple of weeks like yours did Koi...not that I'd get that much money for it anyway. For now, it seems to be working fine. The point is, if either of you want this phone, I'll give it to you...free. Just 'pay it forward' someday to someone who needs some help. :Wink:

PM me if either one of you are interested. First come, first served.

Don

bachiboy
04-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Hey Koifish,
It was nice meeting you a couple of weeks ago down south. I was the guy leaving the beach and you and some friends were just walking in.

The phone I drenched was an iPhone 3. Not sure if that is the same model you or Smooshsh just damaged. My 3G seems to be operational. I just hooked it up and it still works. When I tried it when it first happened, I got a "sync" message and figured I just lost all my contacts and info on the phone. I took that as a good opportunity to upgrade to a 4G. I don't want to sell this on Ebay in case it is going to go bad in a couple of weeks like yours did Koi...not that I'd get that much money for it anyway. For now, it seems to be working fine. The point is, if either of you want this phone, I'll give it to you...free. Just 'pay it forward' someday to someone who needs some help. :Wink:

PM me if either one of you are interested. First come, first served.

Don

We have a winner...Koifish just took me up on it.

jerryG
04-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Glad to hear you made it out Alan. Sorry to hear about your phone. I know I destroyed a few phones fishing in the surf myself. I wrecked a few cameras too. Good going on getting a legal. If you want to fish afterwork sometime hit me up. Fish are biting.

Jerryg

smooshsh
04-17-2012, 12:16 PM
Sounds good Jerry. What days are you free? Havent seen you in a minute.

jerryG
04-18-2012, 01:21 AM
PM Sent..

JerryG

flyngby
04-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Smooshsh,

Nice flattie out there battling the conditions!

Steve http://planetsmilies.net/person-smiley-1122.gif

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/PiercesPerch.jpg

smooshsh
04-21-2012, 02:13 PM
Thanks Steve.

murrieta angler
04-28-2012, 09:59 AM
Aww Yes!
The dreaded phone syndrome....at one point I lost 5 phones in a six month span...:Shocked:
My wife was kinda upset, but life goes on and so does the fishing...:Big Grin:
Good looking flatty!
Robert
<><