PDA

View Full Version : has dfg planted the santa ana river/south fork yet?

sponger_2
04-12-2012, 04:13 PM
i know they are supposed to stock the week of the 8th, but i do not know what day exactly. anyone have this info?

Skyler
04-12-2012, 08:28 PM
They already stocked it at the end of March. This will be the second stock of the season. I know what day and the exact locations they stock too, but I'll never tell, lol! Play fair. Let 'em spread out. There are plenty of fish to go around.

RTG
04-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Stock this week, and the week of the 23rd. I can't tell ya what day...sorry.

TrOuT FeVeR
04-12-2012, 09:17 PM
can somebody give me directions to the santa ana river. how long is the drive from la crescenta.THANK YOU

RTG
04-12-2012, 09:30 PM
can somebody give me directions to the santa ana river. how long is the drive from la crescenta.THANK YOU

East on the 210, towards Redlands. When you get to Highland take the 5th Street exit. At the bottom of the ramp go left on 5th St, and continue on 5th which will turn into Greenspot Road. Stay on Greenspot until it dead-ends into Highway 38 in Mentone. Then turn left on Hwy 38 and follow up the mountain to Glass Road, where you will turn left. Follow down to the Seven Oaks area and the Santa Ana River. You'll see it. Should be about an hour and a half drive, or so. Check Google maps for Seven Oaks and you'll really see how far it is. Have fun!

tacklejunkie
04-12-2012, 09:32 PM
:EyePop: bring the buckets and your entire rod collection!

DarkShadow
04-13-2012, 10:28 AM
:EyePop: bring the buckets and your entire rod collection!

And no fishing license I'm presuming?

Viejo
04-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Don't bother getting up early...it's easy to find and nobody reads the internet anymore. Just look for the wall to wall fisherman right next to the road.

Matt44
04-13-2012, 11:46 AM
What a shocker viejo with anther dbag comment

AnglerBob
04-13-2012, 12:10 PM
It seems to me that if an elite group of anglers already have access to this information, already this isn't "playing fair."

They already stocked it at the end of March. This will be the second stock of the season. I know what day and the exact locations they stock too, but I'll never tell, lol! Play fair. Let 'em spread out. There are plenty of fish to go around.

DarkShadow
04-13-2012, 02:07 PM
It seems to me that if an elite group of anglers already have access to this information, already this isn't "playing fair."

Precisely.

Just like the group of anglers that seems to whack the largemouth at DVL day in and day out.

Why can't they just share that same information with the rest of us. Definitely not "playing fair."

tacklejunkie
04-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Precisely.

Just like the group of anglers that seems to whack the largemouth at DVL day in and day out.

Why can't they just share that same information with the rest of us. Definitely not "playing fair."

What's a scurvy trout fishrman like you know 'bout fishin' no largemouth basses. :Confused::Crying:

Viejo
04-13-2012, 07:11 PM
What a shocker viejo with anther dbag comment

bring the buckets and your entire rod collection!

And no fishing license I'm presuming?

You have no sense of humor for a guy that has 4,000 view on of one of his "Look At Me posts":Big Grin: It's hilarious to see the folks crammed into the 40 feet around where the DFG truck stops.

Matt44
04-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Actually i was in one picture in that thread so it wasnt a look at me post it was a look at what i caught post and a fishing report. Wheres your reports? Why dont you go troll on some other sites troll

RTG
04-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Actually i was in one picture in that thread so it wasnt a look at me post it was a look at what i caught post and a fishing report. Wheres your reports? Why dont you go troll on some other sites troll

Viejo doesn't share reports with anyone. He just rips us when we share info. Just another happy person. Heh heh.

Matt44
04-14-2012, 10:47 PM
haha some info of his is actually good but he comes accross like a complete a!! Hole pretty douchy if ya ask me haha

evosamurai
04-15-2012, 12:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAsZo7veqp8

Skyler
04-16-2012, 08:53 AM
Some of us have put in the leg work and gas money hundreds of times to learn such info. We also use it in a conservative manner. Seems fair to me.

AnglerBob
04-16-2012, 04:34 PM
Some of us have put in the leg work and gas money hundreds of times to learn such info. We also use it in a conservative manner. Seems fair to me.

And some don't, which is why if you read the DFG info regarding trout plants, it lists the week and notes that "more specific dates are not given so that fishing activity will not be focused right after the time of the plant." It is unfortunate that in many California waters, a small cadre of locals seems to remove the fish as soon as they're planted. I'm sure you've read the complaints on this site of people scooping up fish in nets, taking way over the limit. I suspected this about several area lakes; then I read Chris Schaeffer's excellent book on local fishing, in which he describes this situation in detail. You are correct in that learning optimum times and days to fish is part of angling skill. But in this day and age of massive budget cuts, I really have to wonder if the DFG doesn't look at a water body such as Saddleback Creek and consider if the planting money could be spent in ways which would impact a greater number of anglers.

Skyler
04-16-2012, 05:48 PM
And some don't, which is why if you read the DFG info regarding trout plants, it lists the week and notes that "more specific dates are not given so that fishing activity will not be focused right after the time of the plant." It is unfortunate that in many California waters, a small cadre of locals seems to remove the fish as soon as they're planted. I'm sure you've read the complaints on this site of people scooping up fish in nets, taking way over the limit. I suspected this about several area lakes; then I read Chris Schaeffer's excellent book on local fishing, in which he describes this situation in detail. You are correct in that learning optimum times and days to fish is part of angling skill. But in this day and age of massive budget cuts, I really have to wonder if the DFG doesn't look at a water body such as Saddleback Creek and consider if the planting money could be spent in ways which would impact a greater number of anglers.

And you wonder why I didn't post the exact day and told the OP to play fair? Putting the exact day and time that the tech will be there on a public forum would only end in 300 guys crowded around 4 pools full of fish. Kind of a shame when there are TONS of fish the whole length of that river, year round. Often of much better quality than the DFG clones. Sure, I know when he will be there, which stops he drops the most fish, which plant of the year they dump their old brood stock (monsters btw!) etc. But you won't see me up there the day of a stock. Instead of trying to time the stock, learn to read the river. You'll have just as much success, and get a bit more exercise in the process, he he he.