PDA

View Full Version : Questions about San Gabriel River...

Jamesbryantoeng
04-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Hi FNN members,

I have a questions about SG river fishing. Because I can not check if its legal to fish in the river, My work place is like 30 seconds away from a portion of SG river, down by peck road and Rio hondo in El Monte (SG trail). I was just thinking if I can fish if I get off early sometimes by 3 pm. I know the Northern part of SG river (close by the mountains) got some release only wild trouts. Well anyway if you guys know any information please let me know bros. Thank you~ :Smile:

Best,
James

troutman27
04-12-2012, 03:58 PM
I have fished it...well the part by the 605 and 60 fwy...never had a problem.

Jamesbryantoeng
04-12-2012, 04:44 PM
do you know how to get the main entrance to the trail park? because the whole thing is wrapped with wire fences. and what kind of fish you got from it?

Mr T-rex
04-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Ive fished by the 605 and where the 60 meet and caught a couple of fat carp.. I also heard that there is catfish in there

carpanglerdude
04-12-2012, 07:17 PM
I've fished the area before, it has a lot of cover but I did not catch much fish.

However, and I've posted this before, but here's a video of the San Gabriel River/feeder creek at this area: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_16f-Yfh5M

Jamesbryantoeng
04-13-2012, 01:36 PM
Thanks a bunch brothers. I just don't want some DFG guy randomly shows up and tell me its illegal to fish. Are the carps or catfish release only and what do you guys recommend if they are edible or not :LOL:

On the side note...
@carpanglerdude
I've seen your video man, I just thought the rain might wash up some good fisheries along the river... or not lol.

carpanglerdude
04-13-2012, 03:17 PM
Good luck. I've noticed heavy rains really do a number on the structure of urban creeks, often overnight. I usually won't fish an urban creek right after a big storm, fishing usually isn't too hot as the fish re-adjust to the new environment and many pools have their populations washed further downstream.

Jamesbryantoeng
04-13-2012, 04:49 PM
What've you caught so far from it? I have no freaking idea what to throw in there. well I'll probably go next week after considering what you said, don't expect much on the regular days but I just got nothing to do if I get off early sometimes :Razz: