PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Mammoth and June Lake loop in late May/early June

Lorenky
04-12-2012, 09:34 AM
Hello. We are planning a trip to Mammoth Lakes in Late May or early June. Would like to fish some lakes with good shore fishing(bait, not fly fishing). We have an afternoon and two full days. Would like lakes with lots of fish but also maximum scenery for hiking and photography. So after a bit of research we are looking at fishing Gull and June lakes, Convict Lake, and hiking Lake George/TJ lakes, Mary Lake/Emerald Lake. Wanted to confirm that those are good choices and get any tips you have to offer. Also, obviously we can't do every one of those lakes in the morning, some will have to be fished in the afternoon. Which lakes are really much better in the AM, and which can be fished all day? Thanks in advance for the help.

Matt44
04-12-2012, 01:30 PM
All the lakes up there have plenty of fish any choice would be a good bet to catch something! As for the morning and afternoon it all just depends on the fish but gull and june would be great even silver plus you got lots of streams convict is also a good choice. Just go and fish dont worry about morning afternoon u should hook up to something!

TROUT MASTERS
04-13-2012, 06:22 AM
Like matt said,the are fish all over the place,if you dont mind going up the 120,fish saddlebag,ellery and tayoga lakes,its great fishing up there,its only
45 minuts from june lake.also there is a rivers befor you hit the up hill on 120.good luck.
Trout Master.

Team Brown Eye
04-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Silver Lake has plenty of shore access alongside hwy 158. Rush Creek also has plenty of shore access. I generally spend most of my time on the creek using salmon eggs and night crawlers and have good luck. You may need to walk around a bit to hit different holes but there are plenty of fish in that creek. If you want more info on Rush Creek PM me.