PDA

View Full Version : trout

hookup
04-10-2012, 09:28 AM
does anybody know which side of the lake got stocked today?

BSalvati
04-10-2012, 12:22 PM
The top side.

hookup
04-10-2012, 04:35 PM
north side east side west side or south side is what i meant?

BradyG
04-10-2012, 07:16 PM
The marina.

Matt_Magnone
04-10-2012, 07:54 PM
heard they stocked bernasconi beach :Surprised:

just messin. i heard it was around the marina. wouldnt be surprised if they went in somewhere else as well. im so out of the loop this year on the secret stocks. last year i had the areas pegged for the most part but this year i havent been really targeting stripers. good luck if you're chucking the big stuff.

HawgZWylde
04-10-2012, 08:18 PM
South side. I saw the tanker following the DFG truck going across the East dam. I don't know where the dump was, and don't know if it was trout or bass. Lake personnel told me they have been dumping fingerling or juvenile LMB's. Perhaps Kwin could elaborate on that if he reads this thread...

kwin
04-13-2012, 09:27 PM
South side. I saw the tanker following the DFG truck going across the East dam. I don't know where the dump was, and don't know if it was trout or bass. Lake personnel told me they have been dumping fingerling or juvenile LMB's. Perhaps Kwin could elaborate on that if he reads this thread...

it was the rest of the Salmo trutta. They went in the water.....go fishing and find them.

ART HILL
04-14-2012, 03:44 AM
South shoreline at the access road.

HawgZWylde
04-14-2012, 08:21 AM
it was the rest of the Salmo trutta. They went in the water.....go fishing and find them.

Lol, in the water????? Are you sure? I fish DVL every week, sometimes 2-3 times, I didn't know we were supposed to cast into the water. Damn, all this time I've been I've been picking those shoreline bushes and rockpiles apart. No wonder...

My question actually was about whether it was true that DFG has a Micropterus salmoides enhancement program going on at DVL? If so, what strain, or strains? Northern? Florida? Spots?

Geez, up until now, the only time I cast into the water was when I had to snag a bicyclists mountain bike out of the drink for him after he frantically flew off a cliff to avoid the speeding tanker truck, that was being followed by a white pick up with a DFG emblem on the door, Kwwiiinnn????

kwin
04-17-2012, 02:39 PM
Lol, in the water????? Are you sure? I fish DVL every week, sometimes 2-3 times, I didn't know we were supposed to cast into the water. Damn, all this time I've been I've been picking those shoreline bushes and rockpiles apart. No wonder...

My question actually was about whether it was true that DFG has a Micropterus salmoides enhancement program going on at DVL? If so, what strain, or strains? Northern? Florida? Spots?

Geez, up until now, the only time I cast into the water was when I had to snag a bicyclists mountain bike out of the drink for him after he frantically flew off a cliff to avoid the speeding tanker truck, that was being followed by a white pick up with a DFG emblem on the door, Kwwiiinnn????

Not sure what you mean by enhancement program. Are additional LMB stocked?.....no. We have supplemented the SMB population (last September) with ~500 fish taken from Shaver prior to the drawdown there. Other than that the only fish we stock anymore are salmonids.

DarkShadow
04-17-2012, 03:07 PM
We have supplemented the SMB population (last September) with ~500 fish taken from Shaver prior to the drawdown there.

I thought you'd get your smallmouth from Morris Reservoir.

Shaver's kinda far.

HawgZWylde
04-19-2012, 07:48 AM
Not sure what you mean by enhancement program. Are additional LMB stocked?.....no. We have supplemented the SMB population (last September) with ~500 fish taken from Shaver prior to the drawdown there. Other than that the only fish we stock anymore are salmonids.

Thanks for responding Kwin. Sounds like a little misunderstanding between the lake employee and my fishing partner. The way the employee mentioned it, it sounded as if the DFG was supplementing the LMB population.

TroutOnly
04-19-2012, 08:55 AM
what size were the brown trout mr kwin,,,,,,,,,,of all the others i never saw or caught one,i'm just curious,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,

kwin
04-19-2012, 05:24 PM
what size were the brown trout mr kwin,,,,,,,,,,of all the others i never saw or caught one,i'm just curious,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,

all trout are catchables....no more sub-catchables for RBT or BT.

TroutOnly
04-19-2012, 08:23 PM
THANK YOU FOR THE REPLY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,