PDA

View Full Version : Did well at the Pudd Monday

Cartman
04-10-2012, 07:12 AM
I did well at the Pudd yesterday, but I'm going to have to start wearing boots or sandals. Can't seem to avoid walking in the water. Fish keep heading for cover, and ever since I switched to lighter line I have had to be more careful of snags. I had been fishing with 4# camo line, but this 3# fluoroclear, though it may not sound much different, does seem to be getting me more bites even though I go through it a lot faster than the thicker tougher line.

Mid day the redears were not biting well. I could see them very close to the surface, and even a nice crappie, but they wouldn't take my bait. I even tried a little bream popper which only served to scare them away. It may only be coincidence, but my last two times out the bite began picking up around 4:00 or so with the bigger ones coming on as it got later. By 5:00 I was catching the ones I went there for in the first place. Now I wish I had taken pictures of at least one of them, but all I have left of him now is a fillet in a stainless steel bowl in the refrigerator :Bawling:. He was a dark one with spots and the most intensely red color I think I have ever seen on a redear. A beautiful fish. Scaling fish last night I was reflecting on how much variety there is even within the same species. These are some beautiful fish. I love summer fishing!

fishermanx14
04-10-2012, 02:56 PM
I did well at the Pudd yesterday, but I'm going to have to start wearing boots or sandals. Can't seem to avoid walking in the water. Fish keep heading for cover, and ever since I switched to lighter line I have had to be more careful of snags. I had been fishing with 4# camo line, but this 3# fluoroclear, though it may not sound much different, does seem to be getting me more bites even though I go through it a lot faster than the thicker tougher line.

Mid day the redears were not biting well. I could see them very close to the surface, and even a nice crappie, but they wouldn't take my bait. I even tried a little bream popper which only served to scare them away. It may only be coincidence, but my last two times out the bite began picking up around 4:00 or so with the bigger ones coming on as it got later. By 5:00 I was catching the ones I went there for in the first place. Now I wish I had taken pictures of at least one of them, but all I have left of him now is a fillet in a stainless steel bowl in the refrigerator :Bawling:. He was a dark one with spots and the most intensely red color I think I have ever seen on a redear. A beautiful fish. Scaling fish last night I was reflecting on how much variety there is even within the same species. These are some beautiful fish. I love summer fishing!

nice report...the bite is also pretty good in the morning too

Cartman
04-10-2012, 04:20 PM
nice report...the bite is also pretty good in the morning too

I heard the crappie were biting at the Sailboat Launch. Were you there or the East shore?

white belt
04-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Did you try targetting carp at all?

Carptain_Bao
04-10-2012, 05:14 PM
Did you try targetting carp at all?

I've tried at the sailboat cove but didn't really work out.Maybe east shore is better

fishermanx14
04-11-2012, 03:57 PM
I heard the crappie were biting at the Sailboat Launch. Were you there or the East shore?
I was at sailboat cove launch. Every time I go for crappie I use a drop shot with a long leader and a trout magnet, use different colors and I tip it with a crappienuget sometimes