PDA

View Full Version : Fish Report 4/8/12

Matt_Magnone
04-09-2012, 10:19 PM
left the go pro at the shop on saturday so no video this time. here's a quick little run down on my day sunday.

bite was extremely good. fish bit from the time i showed up til the wind blew in around 4:30 / 5:00

good texas rig bite from 25' -30' on secondary points and walls leading into coves. find the warmest water and you'll find the algae. find the algae and i found the fish. as stated in previous reports, match colors to bottom composition. if the bottom is green blend in. if the bottom is dead and decaying blend in. pretty simple. fish wanted a parallel to uphill retrieve depending on the shoreline i fished. didnt find much on the downhill although i did catch fish working it. fish from as small as a pound to fish just over 5.

the dropshot bite was there but the size wasnt. spent some time on different areas switching colors and definitely found fish; just not the right size. most of the active biting fish were deeper than 25'. the shallow fish were super dinks but the size increased as i went deeper. nothing over 4 pounds.

senko bite.... well it was a typical senko bite for this time of year....same colors, same areas, same pause and same sized fish.

spent a little time working the C rig. got some fish on the rig in and around 30' on ridgelines on various locations around the lake. the bite was pretty good and found some nicer fish but i had a hard time really dialing it. variations of green pumpkin caught some fish.

line size is not an issue nor is weight size however i would use common sense as to what size and weight to fish. as the weather warms the bite will get even better. its definitely a good time to get out guys as the fish are definitely chewing. find some of your favorite areas and pick some of your favorite colors and you should do fine.

good luck.

ddoskocil
04-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Ok, now you're just bragging. J/K. I tried to go out today, motor problems. Sean, the mechanic at DVL, worked on it for over an hour - fuel problem. He is awesome. He couldn't fix it, but recommended a good place. We tipped him and off we went, hopefully not another $1000. Be back at it as soon as we can. We did walk the western shore, not too many bed fish. Definitely pre, bed, and post spawn fish out there along the shore. (would have found a sh!itload more is the freaking boat worked!) Oh well - at least it's Dad's boat (and wallet). Be back as soon as we can!!!

Matt_Magnone
04-09-2012, 10:37 PM
haha. nah, just wanna give out the good word. complete bummer on your boat man. you're getting some crap dealt on you. for all this headache you're gonna hook a giant soon!!! i'll let you know what my schedule is. im heading to havasu on thursday evening and wont be back til monday. i'll give you a heads up if i can get out

adiablo420
04-10-2012, 02:07 PM
What's a good size worm for the Texas rig... Any suggestions?

Matt_Magnone
04-10-2012, 07:50 PM
it all depends. i throw em from 4" all the way up to 13". never did have much luck with 16" to 20" plastics. at the moment, go out and throw the 4" to 9" stuff. pick your favorite company and favorite color and go out with aggression. im fishing colors with a brown and green influence. variations of purple are getting bit as well. i tend to favore 4" straight and curls for the light approach, 7" straights. 9" straights for most of my deep water probing and 10"-12" ribbontails when im covering water faster.

JV
04-10-2012, 09:06 PM
It sure slowed down today (Tues.). Finally broke the 5lb mark this year, 5-12, DS in about 20'. Our next best was 3.5. The few others we caught were 1 - 2 #s. What bite there was pretty much died by 10:30.

allIdoIsfish
04-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the update Matt, I cant wait to get out there. I hope i can find some free time within the month

adiablo420
04-10-2012, 10:23 PM
it all depends. i throw em from 4" all the way up to 13". never did have much luck with 16" to 20" plastics. at the moment, go out and throw the 4" to 9" stuff. pick your favorite company and favorite color and go out with aggression. im fishing colors with a brown and green influence. variations of purple are getting bit as well. i tend to favore 4" straight and curls for the light approach, 7" straights. 9" straights for most of my deep water probing and 10"-12" ribbontails when im covering water faster.

Right on brotha... Thanks for the info.. I'll be at the Jewel this Saturday, rain or shine. I Plan on throwing some 9"inch straight tails... I'll definitely post my trip. Planning on throwing out a few other goodies as well... Thanks again Matt..

Matt_Magnone
04-11-2012, 10:14 PM
go get em man! make sure you got some chocolate blue at your disposal.

headcase881
04-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Ok, now you're just bragging. J/K. I tried to go out today, motor problems. Sean, the mechanic at DVL, worked on it for over an hour - fuel problem. He is awesome. He couldn't fix it, but recommended a good place. We tipped him and off we went, hopefully not another $1000. Be back at it as soon as we can. We did walk the western shore, not too many bed fish. Definitely pre, bed, and post spawn fish out there along the shore. (would have found a sh!itload more is the freaking boat worked!) Oh well - at least it's Dad's boat (and wallet). Be back as soon as we can!!!

Bring
Out
Another
Thousand

ushone
04-12-2012, 01:30 PM
i thought it was "bust" out another thousand

Matt_Magnone
04-12-2012, 05:38 PM
i thought it was "break" :LOL:

adiablo420
04-12-2012, 11:03 PM
go get em man! make sure you got some chocolate blue at your disposal.

Funny you mention that, lol... Thanks

ushone
04-13-2012, 09:15 AM
lol :Cool:

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-13-2012, 11:26 AM
Nice report there...congrats... I am a big fan of matching the cover color, in my years of fishing LMB I too used this aproach religiously...

stay on 'em, those big girls should move into a real active turn once the barometric pressures gain some degreee of regularity...

Nice work...

Stay on'em : )

Gary

JG431
04-21-2012, 03:55 PM
matt you are my hero :) <3