PDA

View Full Version : BBL lakefront cabin fishing 4/6-4/8

Mr T-rex
04-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Insane trout bite at big bear is all i can say. We fished friday through sunday at our cabin and friday afternoon was one of the best days at the lake . we fished friday from 4pm to 11pm and caught 15 trout between me and my family everyone was having a blast out there catching fish in the cold even my 3yr old nephew was slamming some trout on 2lb test "my future fishing buddy" the only problem is that he hates waking up early haha. We finished the night at 11pm with 15 trout and 3 small catfish all were Caught and released because we still had two more days of fishing. Saturday morning bite wasnt too good we only landed 2 trout and a cold lol. We decided to get a pontoon boat from 11am to 3pm . We trolled needle fish and rapalas and for our first time trolling we caught 1 trout not bad haha, We also landed 1 more trout on powerbait and for the rest of the day we just cruised the lake enjoying the view.Sunday was the second best day landing 6carp and 15 to 20 trout from 7:30 am to 2pm . My family had a blast this weekend bbqing,fishing,cooking,drinking beer it was a mini vacation that couldnt get better i will definitely be back soon
We finished the trip with over 30 trout,6 carp and 3 small catfish . I kept 10 trout for dinner and released the rest with no harm . It was so much fun putting my older bro,3yr old nephew and 12yr old niece on some fish i kept a smile on there face the whole trip

We caught all of our fish at metcalf bay on salmon peach & orange powerbait with a 3 to 4 foot leader carolina rigged that was the go to bait
I also threw out nightcrawlers and mice tails and no luck just p.b was working and it was working good

Dinner
http://i.imgur.com/wo3e2.jpg

My bros,niece and nephew
http://i.imgur.com/1vNBC.jpg

Me and my nephew with the first trout of the day
http://i.imgur.com/Y6xVk.jpg

My older bro manny all smiles
http://i.imgur.com/nLVEr.jpg

Koshaw
04-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Nice report and pics! Glad you caught and had a great time :D

Chuck

christopherstellar
04-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Awesome! My place is over on Lagunita Point, the fishing can be awesome right in front of those timeshare units, especially this time of the year.

RTG
04-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Great job! Way to go with the family! I limited out today...biggest about 18 inches. Caught a bunch the other day too...biggest 20 inches. If you know where to go and what to use the fishing is pretty darn good.

phishin phool
04-09-2012, 09:10 PM
You caught and relesased 20+ trout on power bait??? How do you do that when the hook is stuck in their throat or deeper????

The Fishing Queen
04-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Awesome! My place is over on Lagunita Point, the fishing can be awesome right in front of those timeshare units, especially this time of the year.

I own one of those lakefront timeshares there, we were there two weeks ago and fished (fished for an hour and half) from the rail and had no bites. Then moved to the beach ( where the BBQs are) and got totally skunked. But last year we were there for a week and did Ok with 2 foot leaders with PB, The guy next to us was killing the lake, he was using 2 foot leader too. Do I need a longer leader like 4 foot to fish there too? Anyone knows?

Mr T-rex
04-10-2012, 09:18 AM
Nice report and pics! Glad you caught and had a great time :D

Chuck

Thank you and yeah i had a good time i plan on going back soon

Mr T-rex
04-10-2012, 09:19 AM

I think thats where i caught 1 trout trolling a rapala

Mr T-rex
04-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Great job! Way to go with the family! I limited out today...biggest about 18 inches. Caught a bunch the other day too...biggest 20 inches. If you know where to go and what to use the fishing is pretty darn good.

Yeah big bear is good right now i didnt plan on catching so many fish because of the docks in front of our cabin but it turned out to be a hot spot

good job on the limit

Mr T-rex
04-10-2012, 09:22 AM
You caught and relesased 20+ trout on power bait??? How do you do that when the hook is stuck in their throat or deeper????

Most of the fish that we caught were hooked right on the lip because we would set the hook right away..we kept the fish that swallowed the hook

Mr T-rex
04-10-2012, 09:23 AM
I own one of those lakefront timeshares there, we were there two weeks ago and fished (fished for an hour and half) from the rail and had no bites. Then moved to the beach ( where the BBQs are) and got totally skunked. But last year we were there for a week and did Ok with 2 foot leaders with PB, The guy next to us was killing the lake, he was using 2 foot leader too, and he caught 27 in a day. Do I need a longer leader like 4 foot to fish there too? Anyone knows?

I was using 4 to 5 foot leaders and that seemed to do the job. also any bright powerbaits will work
Try casting as far as you can

seal
04-10-2012, 09:53 AM
Most of the fish that we caught were hooked right on the lip because we would set the hook right away..we kept the fish that swallowed the hook

You are an amazingly gifted fisherman cause I've been fishing longer than you've been alive by quite a bit and for some reason I'm not capable of safely releasing power bait caught fish. One day you will have to share your techniques with all of us so we all can use power bait for C&R.

Please if you have to use that "technique" use it on the county or city put and take lakes, do not use it on those beautiful BBL trout!

christopherstellar
04-10-2012, 10:11 AM
I own one of those lakefront timeshares there, we were there two weeks ago and fished (fished for an hour and half) from the rail and had no bites. Then moved to the beach ( where the BBQs are) and got totally skunked. But last year we were there for a week and did Ok with 2 foot leaders with PB, The guy next to us was killing the lake, he was using 2 foot leader too, and he caught 27 in a day. Do I need a longer leader like 4 foot to fish there too? Anyone knows?

I have always done very well using inflated night crawlers sprayed with Berkley Gulp Garlic. I have seen this method out fish power bait, but that is just my recommendation. I fish the crawler on a slip bobber rig. The other tactic for Big Bear that works is lead core trolling needle-fish. I use my electronics to identify the thermocline, usually between 15-25 ft, and troll the south side of the lake between the Dam and the Zebra Room. I have caught some nice rainbows doing that on a more consistent basis than any tactic from shore. Only in the early morning will I drop shot power worms on the secondary points, before the skiers make it out.

Mr T-rex
04-10-2012, 10:18 AM
I have always done very well using inflated night crawlers sprayed with Berkley Gulp Garlic. I have seen this method out fish power bait, but that is just my recommendation. I fish the crawler on a slip bobber rig. The other tactic for Big Bear that works is lead core trolling needle-fish. I use my electronics to identify the thermocline, usually between 15-25 ft, and troll the south side of the lake between the Dam and the Zebra Room. I have caught some nice rainbows doing that on a more consistent basis than any tactic from shore. Only in the early morning will I drop shot power worms on the secondary points, before the skiers make it out.

I was using nightcrawlers but the small catfish kept biting on them so i got tired of that and just threw powerbait out
We rented a pontoon from big bear marina and just trolled rapalas and needle fish for a bit and landed 1
I was also throwing out some jigs,spoons and roostertails and no love at all

christopherstellar
04-10-2012, 10:23 AM
You have to use lead core line and troll in a z- pattern. Using electronics makes all the difference. Hire a guide and you will be amazed what you learn about BBL. That is exactly how I learned.

Mr T-rex
04-10-2012, 10:32 AM
You have to use lead core line and troll in a z- pattern. Using electronics makes all the difference. Hire a guide and you will be amazed what you learn about BBL. That is exactly how I learned.

How much is it to hire a guide ??
Yeah we were pretty confused on what we were doing since it was our first time trolling haha

christopherstellar
04-10-2012, 10:44 AM
http://bigbearfishing.net/, this is who I used.

Mr T-rex
04-10-2012, 11:11 AM
http://bigbearfishing.net/, this is who I used.

Thanks for the information im gonna check it out right now

Kelster
04-10-2012, 04:37 PM
Looks like a nice little vacation. Thanks for sharing.

Mr T-rex
04-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Looks like a nice little vacation. Thanks for sharing.

No problem.. It was such a good time

phishin phool
04-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Yeah I'd love to hear about that too Seal, I've NEVER seen a lip hooked trout on power bait (or any dough bait)yet. Must be some serious skills there. Bummer so many city trout guys go up to the pristene mountain lakes and treat those beautiful fish with such disregard, just to get their fish on.:Sad: I guess I'm not too suprised when they are used to fishing SARL. Its just different up there, I wish more people got it.
You are an amazingly gifted fisherman cause I've been fishing longer than you've been alive by quite a bit and for some reason I'm not capable of safely releasing power bait caught fish. One day you will have to share your techniques with all of us so we all can use power bait for C&R.

Please if you have to use that "technique" use it on the county or city put and take lakes, do not use it on those beautiful BBL trout!

The Fishing Queen
04-12-2012, 09:47 PM
I was using 4 to 5 foot leaders and that seemed to do the job. also any bright powerbaits will work
Try casting as far as you can

Thanks you guys for taking your time to answer my questions. I'll try your ideas the next time I am up there. From the shore line I didn't think the big bear lake was that deep. Two weeks ago we were there and the water leavel was much lower than last April, so we tried 2 foot leader and had no luck. Now you all explained why we got skunked.

dondadda
04-13-2012, 08:02 PM
seal/phish fool- i've used circle hooks for years w/ various dough baits. If you play it right, you can have a very high successful release rate.

Mr. T Rex- Pm me the place you stayed at. I've been looking for a place to take the family and has good fishing right in front or really close. PM me if its available to the public.

Thanks
Don

christopherstellar
04-13-2012, 08:43 PM
seal/phish fool- i've used circle hooks for years w/ various dough baits. If you play it right, you can have a very high successful release rate.

Mr. T Rex- Pm me the place you stayed at. I've been looking for a place to take the family and has good fishing right in front or really close. PM me if its available to the public.

Thanks
Don

Don,
My cabin rents through Big Bear Cool Cabins. It is called the Lakefront Casita, it has a dock and is right on the lake! It also has a hot tub and wireless Internet. PM me and I will get you a better rate!

seal
04-14-2012, 08:32 AM

Thanks
Don

Not the point. Even it he is using circle hooks he did not mention it so if anybody comes on this forum announcing that it is easy to C&R trout using powerbait then I'm going to challenge it cause it just reinforces some of those fisherman out there that believe it's a valid way of C&R trout fishing.

Now I agree that circle hooks will increase dramatically your potential for safe release but I find it extremely hard to believe that all these individuals are holding their rods when fishing and are so darn attentive and experienced of fisherman that they have the ability to lip hook trout consistently while using bait. Sorry just don't believe it and everytime I read someone using powerbait for C&R I'm going to chime in, maybe not to give the thread author crap but hopefully to at least let younger or less experienced fisherman know it is NOT a good idea, ESPECIALLY AT BBL!!

dondadda
04-14-2012, 09:09 AM
Seal- I understand the gist of where ur coming from. Im jst sharing some ways to release trout.

dbfishing
04-14-2012, 09:28 AM
as long as you cut the leader and dont try to pull the hook out the fish will be fine

seal
04-14-2012, 09:42 AM
as long as you cut the leader and dont try to pull the hook out the fish will be fine

So what you are saying is if the fish swallows the hook into it's gut and you tug on it fighting the fish to bring it in then cut the line you are sure that this fish is going to live eventhough it has had a hook lodged deep in it's gut? Yes it will rust out if the fish survives but to believe that a sensitive trout doesn't have a good chance of damage done to it during the fight is ignorant.

Look I don't know when or who determined that C&R using powerbait is a good idea for trout but it just simply is not!

Cameron
04-14-2012, 01:57 PM
WOW I see there are tons of experts on someones elses skills. I C&R all kinds of trout on PB & a great deal of them are lip hooked. I fish this lake a lot & got to say I dont see many damaged or floating trout up here on BBL.
To say that someone cant or is unlikely to lip hook a trout must use big trebles & a fat wad of PB. I fish a 18 or 16 if I can find em & only enough bait to float the hook & use a strike indicator. If the fish does just swallow it & you have to use a hook remover let the fish swim on the stringer or in the bucket before you release it. I guess what Im saying is how can you say that no one can c&r with PB. Next time anyone doubting this is up at BBL pm & I'll show ya how.
lip hook on PB
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy151/tina-cameron/FISHING/102_7940_640x426.jpg
another
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy151/tina-cameron/FISHING/102_8151.jpg
another
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy151/tina-cameron/FISHING/100_8223.jpg
another well I hope you get my point it can & does happen may not be the norm for you dosnet mean it aint for someone else. Nice fish & great report not everyone on this site knows it all :Razz:
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy151/tina-cameron/FISHING/100_8234.jpg

jmytuna
04-14-2012, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the report.
Big Bear Trout are pretty tough. Have caught a number that have one or more leaders from breaking off previous fisherman.
If the fishing is good and you are planning on releasing a few, especially the spawners there are a few tactics you can employ to maximize survival.
Mosquito hooks with pinched down barbs. Much stronger than the treble hooks. Works well with power worms, powerbait etc.
Try to keep their slime coat intact by not laying them on the dirt or grabbing them with dry hands, towels.
The use rubberized nets will also minimize scrapping off of the slime coat.
Prior to release, keep them in the water with your net for a few until they are kicking on their own.
The bite has slowed a bit due to the storm but should pick up with the better weather.
http://www.bdoutdoors.com/gallery/files/4/2/3/7/img_2736.jpg

Cameron
04-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Great tips for sure I need to get new forceps lost mine & its bit hard to tie them mosquito hooks with out em 18's are bad enough. Great looking fish in the net cant wait til I am feeling better & can get back to the lake. I need to buy a dip net so I handle em less. i cruised by grout creek the other day & check these pics out.
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy151/tina-cameron/FISHING/102_0039.jpg http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy151/tina-cameron/FISHING/102_0038.jpg http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy151/tina-cameron/FISHING/102_0051.jpg

seal
04-14-2012, 09:41 PM
I'm done. If your going to do it do it like Cameron does please.

Not sure how to make the point that normal powerbait fishing techniques are not the best method for C&R, guess it's time to give up.

Cameron
04-15-2012, 06:39 AM
I'm done. If your going to do it do it like Cameron does please.( is this unfinished or sarcastic hard to tell over the net?)

Not sure how to make the point that normal powerbait fishing techniques are not the best method for C&R, guess it's time to give up.

Well Seal this is a good start realizing that telling EVERYONE that they are doing it wrong was the problem. I agree that MOST Powerbait fishermen are tools using tons of bait huge hooks & just rip it out of the fishes throat. Next most powerbaiters leave their lil jars littering the shore & the foil tops right next to a nice full spawning color cut off head. I too disprove of most other peoples way they live their lives like dropping in next to a 10yr ol girl trying to learn to jig. I too have & do get caught up in the moment & want to express the RIGHT WAY (lol my way,joke). What I do instead of bitcin & moaning about all the trash MOST idiots leave I take a trash bag & try to clean up after them. Maybe its just me but I cant see getting all pissy over stocked trout that will never spawn or reproduce. Our licenses pays for the trout & the reason the have to stock it is because it cant support a natural spawn to support itself. Kinda like politics in the end only one to blame is the other guy :Big Grin:
If you plan to C&R folks do your best to understand that these are alive & can be damaged in the fight. Keep the hook & bait small & early hooks sets are my best advice & if you are gonna try to teach someone something try it like Jmytuna did WITH KNOWLEDGE & ENCOURAGEMENT.

PLEASE PICK UP ANY LINE YOU STRIP OFF FROM THE SHORELINE FOLKS WITH YOUR TRASH !! YOU BROUGHT IT IN TAKE IT OUT.......

phishin phool
04-15-2012, 07:52 AM
I gotta chime in one more time and hope not to offend anyone but I have been fishing for trout for 35+ years and have NEVER caught a trout with a treble hook and leader stuck in its throat (lip or jaw hooked...yes)and if you expect me to believe that if you cut a leader and release the fish with a treble hook stuck in its throat that it will survive you are insulting my intellegence. A trout will 99.99% of the time not be able to pass a treble hook through to its stomach (as opposed to a single hook) where it could dissove by its stomach acids, and especially if its a gold coated one(takes longer to rust) And a trout will not be able to ingest or swallow food with its throat passage blocked by a treble hook. Besided the shock it goes through being dragged in by its throat the shock it deals with will most likely harm it too. I suppose if you fish with powerbait and hold your pole in your hand and set the hook as soon as you get a bite you MIGHT be able to lip/jaw hook but I have never seen that done and I commend you on your skills. I do however know that 99.99% of dough bait fisherman DO NOT fish this way, I guess you are one of the .01% And Cameron, if those trout were lip hooked why is that red hook remover in the picture? I would also suggest not using those either if your gonna release trout, I use the "Fishing Legend" hook remover it is WAAAAAAY easier and better for the fish.......imo.

Look, we are just trying to educate people that Powerbait fishing is NOT c&r fishing, if you want to c&r do so responsibly by using artificials or single hooks preferably barbless. Any fish caught with Powerbait should be kept and counted towards your limit.

Best wishes and tight lines always

flashburn2020
04-15-2012, 08:27 AM
I wonder if the birds in the above pictures are enjoying those previously released PB fish.

Use mosquito or circle hooks and pinch the barbs. Or you can do what some guys do...............Use a net:ROFL::Smash:

seal
04-15-2012, 08:33 AM
a nice full spawning color cut off head. . Maybe its just me but I cant see getting all pissy over stocked trout that will never spawn or reproduce. Our licenses pays for the trout & the reason the have to stock it is because it cant support a natural spawn to support itself.

I of course like your message but am confused by one part of it. This thread pertains to BBL (I am sorry Trex that it is now sidetracked) and at BBL they do spawn and they do reproduce, you know that I think that when you made this statement you were not speaking of BBL. One reason I jumped on this thread was because of the significant difference between BBL and a put and take park type lake. BBL is a very special fishery, clean cool clear water and because of the forage for the trout they become beautiful holdovers (if not killed by improper release tactics, sorry had to!). In my mind the best trout lake south of Crowley, love tugging on a fly from my tube out there! So it's kind of my love for the lake that's produced some of this passion, we all have our deals but I think educating or attempting to educate some on proper C&R is not exactly a horrible thing to try and pass on.

I guess I continue just being a damn know it all!

Cameron
04-15-2012, 09:16 AM
I gotta chime in one more time and hope not to offend anyone but I have been fishing for trout for 35+ years and have NEVER caught a trout with a treble hook and leader stuck in its throat (lip or jaw hooked...yes)and if you expect me to believe that if you cut a leader and release the fish with a treble hook stuck in its throat that it will survive you are insulting my intellegence.....Not my words & im not insulting anyones intelligence
I guess you are one of the .01% And Cameron, if those trout were lip hooked why is that red hook remover in the picture?
Do you mean with the obvious lip hook ? lol it was convenient & everyone knows how big it is,,,so for comparison.

Use mosquito or circle hooks and pinch the barbs. Or you can do what some guys do...............Use a net
Do you mean like this one try to keep up with what is said if your gonna try to critic me & you still need to hook the fish to get it into the net Right....http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy151/tina-cameron/FISHING/100_8220.jpg

Yes the trout can spawn & maybe a few get past all the smallies & LMB's stalking them at the inlet to the lake.If we stopped stocking & fishing it the lake would not be the trout fishery it is.

In my mind the best trout lake south of Crowley, love tugging on a fly from my tube out there! So it's kind of my love for the lake that's produced some of this passion, we all have our deals but I think educating or attempting to educate some on proper C&R is not exactly a horrible thing to try and pass on.
& yet you insist on knocking my knowledge of C&R & my passion for the lake. I moved up here to be closer to the lake. I am sure you will keep on knowing it all but the problem with a man who "knows it all" they have lost the ability to grow & learn. Im not trying to provoke anything other than other ideas & point out that we are all wrong to someone & maybe we should look past our own arrogance to see others point's.

Viejo
04-15-2012, 09:22 AM
"I of course like your message but am confused by one part of it. This thread pertains to BBL (I am sorry Trex that it is now sidetracked) and at BBL they do spawn and they do reproduce, you know that I think that when you made this statement you were not speaking of BBL. One reason I jumped on this thread was because of the significant difference between BBL and a put and take park type lake. BBL is a very special fishery, clean cool clear water and because of the forage for the trout they become beautiful holdovers (if not killed by improper release tactics, sorry had to!). In my mind the best trout lake south of Crowley, love tugging on a fly from my tube out there! So it's kind of my love for the lake that's produced some of this passion, we all have our deals but I think educating or attempting to educate some on proper C&R is not exactly a horrible thing to try and pass on.

I guess I continue just being a damn know it all! " SEAL

Yep, I know how you feel. Seal is right on point. What's funny, as he and others have shared, is that Cameron could catch just as many fish...enjoy the fight and release them safely to live another day by just altering a few techniques pointed out (or by fly fishing with nymphs and barbless hooks).

phishin phool
04-15-2012, 09:35 AM
:ROFL:I was gonna say the same thing but decided to chill out.:Big Smile:
I wonder if the birds in the above pictures are enjoying those previously released PB fish.

Use mosquito or circle hooks and pinch the barbs. Or you can do what some guys do...............Use a net:ROFL::Smash:

Cameron
04-15-2012, 09:36 AM
Yep, I know how you feel. Seal is right on point. What's funny, as he and others have shared, is that Cameron could catch just as many fish...enjoy the fight and release them safely to live another day by just altering a few techniques pointed out (or by fly fishing with nymphs and barbless hooks).

Am I missing something is someone coming behind & finding dead trout that I C&R'd ? Why is everyone attacking me for a different method that works for me & the fish. I have never claimed to be a perfect fisherman & not trying to knock anyones method just their closed mindedness. If I am over stepping more than anyone else in this thread I would hope someone besides the obvious haters would speak up & let a brother know. Those who have met & fished along side me KNOW ME...Oh yea i do bend the barbs on my hooks so what more can I do to appease ?

Cameron
04-15-2012, 09:41 AM
Sorry to contribute to the thread jack, T Rex, glad you had a great time at an AWESOME lake, I just wish more people used proper catch and release. hopefully in the future it may help you or anyone else be better stewards of the natural resources of our mountain lakes.

& yet again you were the first negative post in his thread & now Im the bad guy Come on sensible folks help me out here.

seal
04-15-2012, 09:48 AM
& yet you insist on knocking my knowledge of C&R & my passion for the lake. I moved up here to be closer to the lake. I am sure you will keep on knowing it all but the problem with a man who "knows it all" they have lost the ability to grow & learn. Im not trying to provoke anything other than other ideas & point out that we are all wrong to someone & maybe we should look past our own arrogance to see others point's.

SAY WHAT!? Man re-read or something because at no time did I intend to "knock" your passion for the lake and as a matter of fact I said if you were going to use powerbait for C&R to do it the way you did. Arrogance? WTF dude all I did was post my opinion on C&R that is the same opinion of many others.

You really are way off base on the know it all crap also. I don't quite know why you've decided to wage a war with me but it is missdirected at the very least if not comical. None of my posts were negative towards you, you seem to have read more into it than is there. Why is trying to educate a younger individual (NOT YOU!) about C&R a negative, everything in my responses was intended toward those that think simply bait and waiting with PB with normal techniques is a good idea.

And now that you've decided to turn this into a pissing match for some reason I will say that I completely agree with Phishinphool and that hook remover is a joke if you think they are going to live through thrusting that crap down the mouth of a trout!

Cameron
04-15-2012, 10:00 AM
WOW I am sorry this is obviously getting mixed up I am not & do not have anything but respect for you & had no intension of a pissin match . & I agree with the hook remover its the wrong way & I rarely use it & if I do its normally just to get my hook back & keep the fish. Thank you for responding with this post I was quoting viejo quoting you not you at this point I totally apologize to you Seal & please forgive me for my ignorance for not being able to express my point. Not trying to get a great report closed with a pissin match. My Bad

seal
04-15-2012, 10:16 AM
WOW I am sorry this is obviously getting mixed up I am not & do not have anything but respect for you & had no intension of a pissin match . & I agree with the hook remover its the wrong way & I rarely use it & if I do its normally just to get my hook back & keep the fish. Thank you for responding with this post I was quoting viejo quoting you not you at this point I totally apologize to you Seal & please forgive me for my ignorance for not being able to express my point. Not trying to get a great report closed with a pissin match. My Bad

No problemo! Have fun at BBL, wish I lived up the hill but I'm not far away. This year I think instead of an anual float tube permit I'm going to get one for the kayak. Maybe I'll see you up there.

Take it easy.

FSHNLIC
04-15-2012, 01:54 PM
Maaaan!!!! where did this thread go wrong??? Everybody has valid arguments and personal views... my view is you can most definitely C & R trout on powerbait, however, u must do so responsibly.... obviously those lip hooked have a much higher survival rate than those that swallow the bait.... if the bait has been swallowed and the fish is bleeding from the gills it is not going to survive so keep it.... never yank the hook out thats been swallowed... cut the line at the fishes mouth... they will survive.... I can't believe with all these people who have been fishing for 35 plus years have never caught a trout with a hook in its belly or a leader coming out of its mouth... I caught 2 just last week jig fishing at Big Bear... those dead fish are a result of low flow in the stream not from C & R!!!! I know there's a lot of "purist" on this board that believe there is only one way to c & r trout safely... but its a bunch of bull!!! Anyways, Tight Lines and Full Tails!!!

Cameron
04-15-2012, 02:39 PM
beers ready in a week & in 3 weeks let me know next time your up FISHLIC
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy151/tina-cameron/FISHING/102_0027.jpg

seal
04-15-2012, 07:06 PM
Maaaan!!!! where did this thread go wrong??? Everybody has valid arguments and personal views... my view is you can most definitely C & R trout on powerbait, however, u must do so responsibly.... obviously those lip hooked have a much higher survival rate than those that swallow the bait.... if the bait has been swallowed and the fish is bleeding from the gills it is not going to survive so keep it.... never yank the hook out thats been swallowed... cut the line at the fishes mouth... they will survive.... I can't believe with all these people who have been fishing for 35 plus years have never caught a trout with a hook in its belly or a leader coming out of its mouth... I caught 2 just last week jig fishing at Big Bear... those dead fish are a result of low flow in the stream not from C & R!!!! I know there's a lot of "purist" on this board that believe there is only one way to c & r trout safely... but its a bunch of bull!!! Anyways, Tight Lines and Full Tails!!!

Yes do so responsibly. Are we talking about the beer or fishing cause I'm sidetracked now by Cameron's keg?

FSHNLIC
04-15-2012, 07:09 PM
Hahaha.... I'm already thirsty!!! I'm hoping to get up there this coming weekend... I'll hit ya up

IN2DEEP
04-16-2012, 10:26 AM
I bet the OP won't want to post a report here again!
The guy just wanted to share his experience
Unbelievable how it can get out of hand :Angry:
Here's something that could be useful for C&R

http://youtu.be/dDsKrC1eH28

seal
04-16-2012, 10:48 AM
I bet the OP won't want to post a report here again!
The guy just wanted to share his experience
Unbelievable how it can get out of hand :Angry:
Here's something that could be useful for C&R

I'd be happy if he just doesn't publicize fishing for trout with powerbait and releasing of those trout. Even if he has the "talent" and is using a method that allows for lip hooking if he publicizes C&R with PB others will think it's ok and this method for C&R will spread.

Sorry man but there are some of us that ain't going to leave a thread that professes C&R with powerbait alone, it's not a good idea and that's partially what this website is about education from us "know it all's"!

Mr T-rex
04-16-2012, 12:19 PM
I'd be happy if he just doesn't publicize fishing for trout with powerbait and releasing of those trout. Even if he has the "talent" and is using a method that allows for lip hooking if he publicizes C&R with PB others will think it's ok and this method for C&R will spread.

Sorry man but there are some of us that ain't going to leave a thread that professes C&R with powerbait alone, it's not a good idea and that's partially what this website is about education from us "know it all's"!

it doesnt take talent to C&R a trout that was lip hooked when fishing pb you dumb *** !!
If the fish were hooked in the gut i wouldnt release them like that

Btw thanks for bashing my post i appreciate that typical hater on FNN

Mr T-rex
04-16-2012, 12:21 PM
& yet again you were the first negative post in his thread & now Im the bad guy Come on sensible folks help me out here.

First negative post means "haters" gotta love them

Mr T-rex
04-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Yeah I'd love to hear about that too Seal, I've NEVER seen a lip hooked trout on power bait (or any dough bait)yet. Must be some serious skills there. Bummer so many city trout guys go up to the pristene mountain lakes and treat those beautiful fish with such disregard, just to get their fish on.:Sad: I guess I'm not too suprised when they are used to fishing SARL. Its just different up there, I wish more people got it.

"City trout guys" killed it at big bear lake CATCH and RELEASED over 20 trout on POWERBAIT

Mr T-rex
04-16-2012, 12:31 PM
Take a look this video what seal calls "Talent"

http://youtu.be/Wyx3IqUkxsE

Piss on Myspace
04-16-2012, 01:07 PM
it doesnt take talent to C&R a trout that was lip hooked when fishing pb you dumb *** !!

it doesn't take talent to catch a fish with PB either :Wink:

Mr T-rex
04-16-2012, 01:17 PM
And who said it does ??

gamekiller
04-16-2012, 01:33 PM
it doesn't take talent to catch a fish with PB either :Wink:

aahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

kenny8308
04-16-2012, 02:06 PM
So the real question is what kind of beer do you have going there... I miss them homebrew farts. If I only had the time. Thanks for the report btw.

evosamurai
04-16-2012, 02:09 PM
u should stop fishing after you get your limit dip s h i t

seal
04-16-2012, 02:35 PM

Dumb ***? Wow big ole marbles you got there son. I'm impressed by your ability to call people names on the Internet scares the hell out of me!

seal
04-16-2012, 02:38 PM

Wow you caught a trout!

Mr T-rex
04-16-2012, 02:41 PM
what else did you see ??? did hear ohhh good hook set right on the lip
dumbass!!!

Mr T-rex
04-16-2012, 02:42 PM
Keep hating its nothing new to me

seal
04-16-2012, 02:43 PM
what else did you see ??? did hear ohhh good hook set right on the lip
dumbass!!!

Sorry sound card is messed up but why would that change my opinion, that's 2 dumbass's now, your balls continue to grow young dude maybe one day they'll drop.

Nastybite
04-16-2012, 03:00 PM
Keep hating its nothing new to me

It's not hating, it's educating. Sorry that you get your panties in a bunch everytime someone tries to correct you when you do something wrong, but it's called help. Maybe you can try to listen to some of these anglers who have been fishing for years. It may help you out.

The other guys are right about the trout being stressed out if they were gut hooked, which I think the majority of your fish were, but hey, you know it all...

You don't toss Smoking Jigs do you?

Nastybite
04-16-2012, 03:03 PM

Might want to tighten that drag up just a little, that 1# trout almost spooled you.

Nastybite
04-16-2012, 03:05 PM

Yep! Lip Hooked trout on PB are rare. But hey they can fish and treat BBL just like SARL, GVL is going that way.

Cameron
04-16-2012, 03:06 PM

I should ????? I think maybe you should stop cursing even if ya space it out it still says the same thing. So no C&R for anyone ??? go back beneath the bridge troll

the brew on hand is Citra Pale Ale,Sweet Stout, & American IPA. I buy through beer beer & more beer mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm beer. Let me know next time your up I'll see if I can bring ya a 22oz.

Nastybite
04-16-2012, 03:11 PM
I should ????? I think maybe you should stop cursing even if ya space it out it still says the same thing. So no C&R for anyone ??? go back beneath the bridge troll

Yes once you catch 5 trout and they are on your stringer you can't go ahead and keep on C&R fish.

Nastybite
04-16-2012, 03:19 PM
T-Rex btw you don't need to reel all the way to the net, when the fish is allready in the net..... Just sayin..... since you got all the skills and all..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k_IpFWV1l0

Mr T-rex
04-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Might want to tighten that drag up just a little, that 1# trout almost spooled you.

Thanks for watching haha

Mr T-rex
04-16-2012, 03:24 PM
T-Rex btw you don't need to reel all the way to the net, when the fish is allready in the net..... Just sayin..... since you got all the skills and all..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k_IpFWV1l0
Question what do you have against me lol
All of a sudden you want to join the thread and talk smack haha grow up man hating is for little kids

Mr T-rex
04-16-2012, 03:25 PM

the brew on hand is Citra Pale Ale,Sweet Stout, & American IPA. I buy through beer beer & more beer mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm beer. Let me know next time your up I'll see if I can bring ya a 22oz.

Hey cameron i guess these people do not believe on C&R ..

Mr T-rex
04-16-2012, 03:27 PM
Sorry sound card is messed up but why would that change my opinion, that's 2 dumbass's now, your balls continue to grow young dude maybe one day they'll drop.

Because you said that you cant hook a trout on the lip with pb so here i prove your point

Mr T-rex
04-16-2012, 03:28 PM

everyone hates T-Rex lol

Nastybite
04-16-2012, 03:30 PM
Hey cameron i guess these people do not believe on C&R ..

Not with PB, try expanding your skills and use lures some time. You would be amazed at you can do.

Cameron
04-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Not with PB, try expanding your skills and use lures some time. You would be amazed at you can do.

Wow love the holier than thou attitude knocking Powerbait by a 10 post d-bag.... Do use a favor NASTY & keep it to yourself in Lynwood. Oh how about you try lip hooking on PB had to say it. You know what screw it Im gonna drive down the street & nail some trout on PB just to piss ya off......

Mr T-rex
04-16-2012, 05:11 PM
Wow love the holier than thou attitude knocking Powerbait by a 10 post d-bag.... Do use a favor NASTY & keep it to yourself in Lynwood. Oh how about you try lip hooking on PB had to say it. You know what screw it Im gonna drive down the street & nail some trout on PB just to piss ya off......

Lmao post up pictures !!!
since they never saw any trout lip hooked on pb haha
I just posted up a video and they still want to run there mouth

seal
04-16-2012, 06:38 PM

Cameron try getting back on the correct side of the fence. Mr T had a whole family with him, they sat attentively with poles in hand with lightning quick reflexes they were able to lip hook fish caught on PB. I just can't believe the incredible skills that all family members have that they are able to C&R so many PB caught fish without damage, IT'S AMAZING! That would be a Huel Howser shout out for all ya young'ns.

By the way T don't let this crap get to you. If you believe that you can catch um and release um safely then maybe you can, but don't think that you know it all at this point, cause I know little to noth'n and I've been at it for a helluva a lot longer than you. Fish with love man and have fun!

Cameron
04-16-2012, 08:37 PM
Cameron try getting back on the correct side of the fence. Mr T had a whole family with him, they sat attentively with poles in hand with lightning quick reflexes they were able to lip hook fish caught on PB. I just can't believe the incredible skills that all family members have that they are able to C&R so many PB caught fish without damage, IT'S AMAZING! That would be a Huel Howser shout out for all ya young'ns.

By the way T don't let this crap get to you. If you believe that you can catch um and release um safely then maybe you can, but don't think that you know it all at this point, cause I know little to noth'n and I've been at it for a helluva a lot longer than you. Fish with love man and have fun!

Oh I am on the right side I just jumped in on the 10 poster spewing nonsense. PB lip hooks are not a easy thing to do & it depends a lot on the way the fish hits it. Not so much on the fisherman. Lip hooks are not the common but it does happen & it takes quick reflex's. As for my PB trout tonight they were for food wasn't trying to do anything but get out of this thread & hit the lake. Im going in the am for a couple hours before Dr.s appt. I'll post a thread tomorrow.:Wink:

Nastybite
04-16-2012, 08:56 PM
Oh I am on the right side I just jumped in on the 10 poster spewing nonsense. PB lip hooks are not a easy thing to do & it depends a lot on the way the fish hits it. Not so much on the fisherman. Lip hooks are not the common but it does happen & it takes quick reflex's. As for my PB trout tonight they were for food wasn't trying to do anything but get out of this thread & hit the lake. Im going in the am for a couple hours before Dr.s appt. I'll post a thread tomorrow.:Wink:

Seriously? You are the one who is now dropped down a few levels by calling me names? Wow. I was only telling him to expand his skills, no name calling. You never know when they will come in handy. What will he do if he goes and fishes bear creek or deep creek? No powerbait there. Or better yet if a ranger sees him C&R on PB, believe me he'll get someone up on him quick.

If you would like to know I was around 200 posts before the server crashed, so in 3 months I was close to your amount of total posts and you've been here since 2009? The chances if lip hooking a fish with PB is very slim, that is all we are trying to get across.

But hey to each their own. It looks like BBL is your home lake, and I've been fishing it since the early 90's. I just want to make sure people are releasing fish the right way is all.

Cameron
04-16-2012, 09:17 PM
Seriously? You are the one who is now dropped down a few levels by calling me names? Wow. I was only telling him to expand his skills, no name calling. You never know when they will come in handy. What will he do if he goes and fishes bear creek or deep creek? No powerbait there. Or better yet if a ranger sees him C&R on PB, believe me he'll get someone up on him quick.

If you would like to know I was around 200 posts before the server crashed, so in 3 months I was close to your amount of total posts and you've been here since 2009? The chances if lip hooking a fish with PB is very slim, that is all we are trying to get across.

But hey to each their own. It looks like BBL is your home lake, and I've been fishing it since the early 90's. I just want to make sure people are releasing fish the right way is all.

My bad I forgot I was in the forum Im a bit confused these days vertigo or some crap. I also am on the same side of the fence was my point & explanation & that PB lip hooks are very rare & depend a lot on the fish not just the skills. I have told the warden I release lip hooked pb fish & he said cool. I guess it depends on who ya see. Sorry for the d-bag comment on the forums it was meant as a description not a insult,lol. I gotta get to bear this year that the bridge is done. Still looking for the best way down cause glory ridge blows lol.

Nastybite
04-16-2012, 09:19 PM
My bad I forgot I was in the forum Im a bit confused these days vertigo or some crap. I also am on the same side of the fence was my point & explanation & that PB lip hooks are very rare & depend a lot on the fish not just the skills. I have told the warden I release lip hooked pb fish & he said cool. I guess it depends on who ya see. Sorry for the d-bag comment on the forums it was meant as a description not a insult,lol. I gotta get to bear this year that the bridge is done. Still looking for the best way down cause glory ridge blows lol.

Sounds good. Let's get back to fishing. Maybe we'll run into each other sometime.

Mr T-rex
04-17-2012, 10:11 AM

I just posted up a video of me lip hooking a trout on PB what more do you want !!!? "lighting quick reflexes" and you said that you have been fishing longer than me pfft doesnt seem like it if you never lip hooked a trout on PB ..Get on my level

seal
04-17-2012, 10:20 AM
Get on my level

HILARIOUS!!!! Sorry man I gave up PB fishing years ago. How long you been fishing? Not that it matters you can learn how to be a pro PB fisherman in a couple months but wow to become a C&R PB fisherman that's gotta take like maybe a year, I am impressed.

Now I'm done cause you don't get it, I hope one day you do.

Mr T-rex
04-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Get off my Thread hater ..

Gave up fishing pb fishing years ago man STFU!! haha

seal
04-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Get off my Thread hater ..

Gave up fishing pb fishing years ago man STFU!! haha

There's this ignore function within the website, hint. Yup back in the day I thought I was the best PB fisherman around, guess you've taken over the title, congratulations.

Mr T-rex
04-17-2012, 12:36 PM
Nobody said i was the best PB fisherman you gave me that title at the beggining with your dumb comment "Grown man saying something dumb" nice!! that just tells me the type of person that you are

seal
04-17-2012, 01:06 PM
Wow man you doing some heavy drugs? I never wrote "Grown man saying something dumb" seems your quoting me or something, unless of course I was doing some heavy drugs I don't recall it and don't even know what it means.

Type of person I am. Ok let's go ahead and lay it on the table, I'm 49 years old and I've been fishing since I was a little kid. I primarily fly fish when targeting trout but I have aboslutely nothing against powerbait fishing and if my buddy comes up to see me that doesn't like to get his hike on or float tube then we may sit by Hesperia Lake dunking the smelly puddy and I have fun doing it (I think once in the last several years). No arrogance from me on what type of fishing you do. But the fact that I am a few years older and been at a few years longer you would think that maybe you would possibly listen to us old farts but it seems you have a block in your wiring that makes you believe you have all the answers, cool I got it nothing I can do for you but maybe there are others reading this thread that will see through the fog of this insanity and understand that you can't put a ball of dough on a hook and reasonably expect to not harm a fish that has swallowed the hook.

I DO NOT believe that your whole group released only lip hooked powerbait fish, I'm sorry and if I'm wrong may I be skunked while fishing tonight, oh did I mention I fish almost everyday of the week, still know noth'n in your mind I'm sure.

Mr T-rex
04-17-2012, 01:16 PM
I am saying that YOU are a grown man saying dumb stuff .
wether you believe me or you dont i dont care you are nobody to me just a typical hater on FNN thats nothing new to me ..ill go to big bear soon and make another report and i hope that you can put one of your dumb comments on it

Thats good for you i fish every weekend :) and i love it

Matt44
04-17-2012, 01:32 PM
Lip hookin trout with powerbait doesnt happen all that often though it does happen but like seal said its a safe bet to say that some of those fish most likely enhailed it happens alot with powerbait. But comments like get on my level dont need to be thrown around alot of people learn from these posts some dont get out and know as much about the sport. If people want to cr trout throw a jig,powerworm, and lures the survival rate would be alot better. Glad you got on the fish! Expand your horizons the first time u catch a trout on a jig you will never wanna throw that dough again trust!

Cameron
04-17-2012, 01:36 PM
Lip hookin trout with powerbait doesnt happen all that often though it does happen but like seal said its a safe bet to say that some of those fish most likely enhailed it happens alot with powerbait. But comments like get on my level dont need to be thrown around alot of people learn from these posts some dont get out and know as much about the sport. If people want to cr trout throw a jig,powerworm, and lures the survival rate would be alot better. Glad you got on the fish! Expand your horizons the first time u catch a trout on a jig you will never wanna throw that dough again trust!

WELL SAID !!!!!!!!! :Envious:

Mr T-rex
04-17-2012, 01:37 PM

I completely agree matt !! What about seals comments ?? they were fine

Matt44
04-17-2012, 01:48 PM
I think seals comments were a little funny i remember when i was younger i thought pb was all that and catchin a double limit or something but as u grow with the sport and you expand the horizons you will notice u wont buy as much of that smelly sparkely stuff ill admit if im skunking ill toss it out but i stringer those fish for dinner. Seal has posted here for quite some time and is full of fishing knowledge and knows the regs a true sportsman i dont think he was trying to disrespect or hate just throwing some comedic relief!

gamekiller
04-17-2012, 01:49 PM
WELL SAID !!!!!!!!! :Envious:

Did you read what he wrote? same thing goes for you. put down the bait and pick up some jigs!

fishinarteest
04-17-2012, 02:00 PM
wow i actually felt a little on t rex side until he started commenting. Get on my level, good one. Bro no one would've had a problem with you until you started saying dumb stuff in your posts. Posts like "get on my level" are the reason why society looks down on us younger people. hahaha get on my level, hahahaha.

Mr T-rex
04-17-2012, 02:00 PM
I think seals comments were a little funny i remember when i was younger i thought pb was all that and catchin a double limit or something but as u grow with the sport and you expand the horizons you will notice u wont buy as much of that smelly sparkely stuff ill admit if im skunking ill toss it out but i stringer those fish for dinner. Seal has posted here for quite some time and is full of fishing knowledge and knows the regs a true sportsman i dont think he was trying to disrespect or hate just throwing some comedic relief!
'
By trying to make somebody feel dumb And saying that lip hooking a trout on pb is not possible !! when clearly me and cameron do it at big bear
We both have proof that we lip hook trout on pb he has a picture and i have a video

All the trout that i released on this trip were not harmed i made sure of that ..Trout is a beautiful fish i wouldnt do anything to harm them and especially from Big Bear Lake
There can we have some Peace & Love in here . We are fisherman and we should be helping each other instead of arguing
Next time if anybody has something negative to say just keep it to yourself
Im done

gamekiller
04-17-2012, 02:02 PM

Quit drinking and typing cuz the shiat you say hardly makes sense...or try re-reading the post so u dont first become an "internet tough guy", being defensive and calling names, only to half *** apologize with your tail berween ur legs after u over reacted ...and name calling just shows your maturity level...and your racist comments from another thread doesnt help out ur cause either... You appear to be there same age as trex...maybe ur both not mature enough to have the common sense that releasing bait caught fish is a bad idea.

Matt44
04-17-2012, 02:14 PM
Catch and release is a touchy subject when powerbait is involved this thread has happened more times than i can count on here its better to just keep those pb fish and figure what plastic or lure they want and keep fishing!

gamekiller
04-17-2012, 02:17 PM
My bad I forgot I was in the forum Im a bit confused these days vertigo or some crap. Sorry for the d-bag comment on the forums it was meant as a description not a insult,lol.

Wtf does that even mean? If u didnt drink so much you wouldnt be as paranoid and aggresive and wouldnt have to apologize like that...and btw, that was a perfect description of yourself!!!

gamekiller
04-17-2012, 02:23 PM
[QUOTE=Mr T-rex;600229Get on my level[/QUOTE]

No I'm not gonna bring myself down to your level and fish powerbait...i understand if your getting skunked, but to continue fishin with it after youve caught ur limit is a dbag move in my eyes... step ur game up and throw some jigs, otherwise we'll always look down upon you

seal
04-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Catch and release is a touchy subject when powerbait is involved this thread has happened more times than i can count on here its better to just keep those pb fish and figure what plastic or lure they want and keep fishing!

Wow Matt bringing some civility to this thread really screws it up, now I have to be nice!

Thanks Matt!

By the way T-rex I apologized long ago on this thread for screwing it up, look back a few pages it would have been over from my point of view long ago.

No more negativity from me I will not screw up another one of your threads I think I've written all I can about this subject.

Cameron
04-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Wtf does that even mean? If u didnt drink so much you wouldnt be as paranoid and aggresive and wouldnt have to apologize like that...and btw, that was a perfect description of yourself!!!
^^^^^^notice killers post count
Wow way to jump to conclusions. 1st I dont drink very much at all havent had a beer in a couple weeks. What just because I like to brew im a alcoholic & its your job to point it out.Notice Im offering my homebrew for free to folks you also enjoy a great beer here & there.
2nd I just got back from the Dr. who took me off work indefinitely & order a series of brain MRI's & I got confused in my post thought it was a PM. But rather than edit it & try to clean it up I just tried to explain best I could. But thanks for your 2 cents.

Matt44
04-17-2012, 07:10 PM
Sorry seal i didnt mean to but in on the hating haha jk though but catch and release with powerbait shouldnt be done but if ya want to do it thats on whoever is doin it but theres other ways of catchin trout!

Nastybite
04-17-2012, 10:31 PM
I completely agree matt !! What about seals comments ?? they were fine

Seriously? You are one dense individual.

Nastybite
04-17-2012, 10:33 PM
^^^^^^notice killers post count

What does that have to do with any of this? Remember some of us lost our posts with the server crash.

Nastybite
04-17-2012, 10:33 PM
No I'm not gonna bring myself down to your level and fish powerbait...i understand if your getting skunked, but to continue fishin with it after youve caught ur limit is a dbag move in my eyes... step ur game up and throw some jigs, otherwise we'll always look down upon you

Well said sir...

Cameron
04-18-2012, 06:11 AM
What does that have to do with any of this? Remember some of us lost our posts with the server crash.

OK so in 2 years 10 post and everyone of them are negative seems like the guy who got beat up the most in the school yard. Glad you guys feel the need to bash others for the same love of the same sport. Try educating more & preaching about your purest ways less. Im going fishing wish all the haters a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by gamekiller View Post
Well said sir...

Maybe if you two came off that high horse u may see something besides a hores arse.

gamekiller
04-18-2012, 08:02 AM
OK so in 2 years 10 post and everyone of them are negative seems like the guy who got beat up the most in the school yard. Glad you guys feel the need to bash others for the same love of the same sport. Try educating more & preaching about your purest ways less. Im going fishing wish all the haters a good day.

Well said sir...

Maybe if you two came off that high horse u may see something besides a hores arse.

Once again bro you gotta try re reading...two years? Join date was this year, bloody server..not that any of it matters nor does my "post" count...and why u so fixated on that?.
Bragging rights? A need to look cool or be excepted? Or r u mad that i say what everyone is thinking and that the other members most likely respect that more than your cheesy powerbait reports.

Try educating??? What more do you want...i bit my tounge as long as i could, but i wont stand back when your only defense on the subject is arguing semantics. And if u need further education on the negative affects of releasing bait caught fish, than you should find a new hobby....11 pages later and u still dont get it

And i wasnt hating on the fact that he used powerbait, just that he released them... he seems like he fishes for sport, which is great, but c'mon after your dinner has been caught, try something that requires skill or has less potential in harming the fish.

...and lets please refrain from racial discrimination and name calling, were all adults here

Nastybite
04-18-2012, 08:07 AM

Well said sir...

All I did was say to expand his skills, and now i'm a purest? Gotcha! Awesome! Did I ever say anything about PB was for noobs or anything of the sort? No. You jump to your opinion before reading all of what I have said. You seems to have forgotten about the posts that were deleted, or I would be right up there with you for a post count. What's wrong with asking someone to expand his skills? It will only make him or you a better fisherman, when the conditions come, when they don't want PB. BTW Cameron, weren't you the one with the negative posts about people coming up to your lake from down the mountain, and then we got the other side of the story from those other anglers?

Ok enough ranting and raving, seriously let's get out and fish. PB, lures, whatever, just practice some safe C&R! That's all I ask.

Cameron
04-18-2012, 08:45 AM
Im done with this site & all the hating that is allowed to go on for no apparent reason. Any of my friends that want to keep in contact PM me I'll give ya my phone number &/or email. Enjoy the site I tried to but the ridiculousness is just to much for me. Peace

OK remove the word hating from this particular post & insert the word SPITE....

Nastybite
04-18-2012, 08:56 AM
Im done with this site & all the hating that is allowed to go on for no apparent reason. Any of my friends that want to keep in contact PM me I'll give ya my phone number &/or email. Enjoy the site I tried to but the ridiculousness is just to much for me. Peace

Hating? Expanding someones skills is hating? Half the people don't even know the definition of it. It's a term thrown around so loosely anymore, when people don't get their way, or they are found to be in the wrong, that's what they resort to.

"Hating: When one puts down the success or fortune of others due to jealousy, feel intense or passionate dislike for (someone)"

Sorry that is not what i'm doing. I was giving advice. Sorry you want to leave, but i'm going to preach safe C&R to people on trout. Good luck at BBL, hopefully you get a big one in the future.

seal
04-18-2012, 09:14 AM
Hating? Expanding someones skills is hating? Half the people don't even know the definition of it. It's a term thrown around so loosely anymore, when people don't get their way, or they are found to be in the wrong, that's what they resort to.

"Hating: When one puts down the success or fortune of others due to jealousy, feel intense or passionate dislike for (someone)"

Sorry that is not what i'm doing. I was giving advice. Sorry you want to leave, but i'm going to preach safe C&R to people on trout. Good luck at BBL, hopefully you get a big one in the future.

This is not a knock on Cameron, please don't take it that way, BUT I COULDN'T AGREE MORE!!! I think that the terms hating or haters is so overused and more times than not used improperly and you are dead on they are used when someone merely disagrees with another more often than not.

You disagree with me you must be hating or a hater!

Man and I thought I was done with this thread then you go and make some sense and I have to get my 2 pennies in, someone break my fingers or ban me!

gamekiller
04-18-2012, 09:32 AM

ahhhh how predictable and childish i might add...and yes, there ABSOLUTELY was a reason behind our comments. what do you want from us, to beg you not to leave here??? Get real....its nothing personal...WE ARE NOT HATING!!!! WE ARE NOT HATERS!!! Just difference in opinions so i must be a hater lol...I tried to rationalize with you and express my opinions (on a public forum :Wink:) only to be called names by you and told i should educate more....I hope you feel better about yourself; now that you've called people names, you can leave in peace....just like you left the "city idiots" after calling them racist slurs in front of your own children...run away from fnn just like you ran away from that situation....

later "master baiter"

Mr T-rex
04-18-2012, 09:35 AM

Theres no need to leave bro dont worry about these people!!!
Haters will be haters even if they say that they arent.. If we want to catch & Release trout that are lip hooked then we can
I dont care about there opinions .. I would never post anything negative on somebody else post just but i guess thats there nature
i love haters

Mr T-rex
04-18-2012, 09:37 AM
And the madness continues !!!

Mr T-rex
04-18-2012, 09:38 AM
ahhhh how predictable and childish i might add...and yes, there ABSOLUTELY was a reason behind our comments. what do you want from us, to beg you not to leave here??? Get real....its nothing personal...WE ARE NOT HATING!!!! WE ARE NOT HATERS!!! Just difference in opinions so i must be a hater lol...I tried to rationalize with you and express my opinions (on a public forum :Wink:) only to be called names by you and told i should educate more....I hope you feel better about yourself; now that you've called people names, you can leave in peace....just like you left the "city idiots" after calling them racist slurs in front of your own children...run away from fnn just like you ran away from that situation....

later "master baiter"

You seem like a tough guy behind your computer !! i really want to see how you are in person

Nastybite
04-18-2012, 09:42 AM
Theres no need to leave bro dont worry about these people!!!
Haters will be haters even if they say that they arent.. If we want to catch & Release trout that are lip hooked then we can
I dont care about there opinions .. I would never post anything negative on somebody else post just but i guess thats there nature
i love haters

You still don't get it? Not a surprise at all.

Piss on Myspace
04-18-2012, 09:44 AM
You seem like a tough guy behind your computer !! i really want to see how you are in person

you guys need a Snickers cause you're acting like divas...grow up!!!!

f'n drop it and go fish already....I'm tired of seeing this bs all over the site

and no, I don't hate anyone!!!

Nastybite
04-18-2012, 09:52 AM

Just last November you were all over this thread with negativity.... but i guess you weren't hating on any of the guys there? :Rolls Eyes:

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?60924-Corona-lake-stocking-trout-weds!!!9-28

Mr T-rex
04-18-2012, 09:53 AM
Ok i have a question !!
What are we trying to prove here ??

gamekiller
04-18-2012, 09:56 AM

No I won't make out with you!!!

"Billy Madison"

Wingnut
04-18-2012, 10:43 AM
I think everybody pretty much made their point on this thread... no need to dull them by continuing. :!!!:
In the words of my late friend Dana (Fisherman 57)... "Let's get back to fishing!" :Cool:

Matt44
04-18-2012, 11:11 AM
We got this guy up here talkin about clorifill and borofill and this chick just wants to make out with me. Hahaha

Mr T-rex
04-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Lets get back to fishing it iss

gamekiller
04-18-2012, 03:44 PM
We got this guy up here talkin about clorifill and borofill and this chick just wants to make out with me. Hahaha

Lol...glad somebody got it.... You guys got any more brain busters?

BigBrownHunter
05-03-2012, 04:33 PM
I just posted up a video of me lip hooking a trout on PB what more do you want !!!? "lighting quick reflexes" and you said that you have been fishing longer than me pfft doesnt seem like it if you never lip hooked a trout on PB ..Get on my level
I especially like how your buddy gill ****** your fish in this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCropBpGlEM.
This Monster "8 pounder" must have tasted good in the frying pan..I think you may be missing the point...misshandleing a fish is more than gut hooking with trebble hooks..
If you hold a trout by its lips like a LMB... you killed it...
If you hold a trout by the gills...You killed it...
if you lay a trout down in the dirt for that perfect picture...you just might have killed it..get the point? now I know your going to get all bent and call me a dumbass or whatever you feel will insult me for trying to share knowledge..but before you do just know that when you post videos and pics of yourself mishandleing fish you will likely have someone call you out..protect our fisheries so everyone can enjoy them for generations to come!

Mr T-rex
05-03-2012, 04:44 PM
Your like a month late!!!

BigBrownHunter
05-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Your like a month late!!!

yeah it took me half a month to read thru all the guys ripping each other on here. Pretty funny really..

Skyler
05-03-2012, 08:04 PM
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd98/hornwrecker/ThreadDie2.jpg

Hitts0n
05-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Wow............

Well anyways........

Good times indeed with the family.Dont pay any attention to people on here unless its positive.
Some people on here do more hating and crying then fishing.You went out with your family
and showed them a great time.Quality time with the family.There folks on here that monitor the
board just to hate on reports like this. Thank you for reporting and sharing your experience!
You could be a lurker,but you are not.1/2 the people on this thread havent fished or put up a report in
a while.The only time you see them is crying on threads like this! HHhhhahahaaha its times like these when the
God Father would say "Lets get back to fishing"! Do not leave Fnn,just ignore the ones that are upsetting
you.This board is made for reports and sharing info.Weed out the hate,take the knowlegde and move on.
You live and you learn.Hate its a part of life.We need haters.Haters make you stronger!! Continue to slay !!
Looking forward to your next report !!!

Hitts0n
05-04-2012, 12:56 PM
What's wrong with just private messaging the guy and explain to him why not to
catch and release on powerbait or small hooks? You guys destroyed his report....sad

Mr T-rex
05-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Wow............

Well anyways........

Good times indeed with the family.Dont pay any attention to people on here unless its positive.
Some people on here do more hating and crying then fishing.You went out with your family
and showed them a great time.Quality time with the family.There folks on here that monitor the
board just to hate on reports like this. Thank you for reporting and sharing your experience!
You could be a lurker,but you are not.1/2 the people on this thread havent fished or put up a report in
a while.The only time you see them is crying on threads like this! HHhhhahahaaha its times like these when the
God Father would say "Lets get back to fishing"! Do not leave Fnn,just ignore the ones that are upsetting
you.This board is made for reports and sharing info.Weed out the hate,take the knowlegde and move on.
You live and you learn.Hate its a part of life.We need haters.Haters make you stronger!! Continue to slay !!

Tell me about !! I had a great time with the family and what made it even better was that we actually caught some fish . That put a smile on everyones face but i guess not these haters.
But now im just going to ignore them and not reply to any of them thats why i havent left FNN i learned so much by reading others fishermans post including yours and its not worth leaving ! Exactly bro haters is what make people stronger and you gotta love them .
Thanks boss

Ill be tubing the vine tommorow by the way if you want to meet up !

Mr T-rex
05-04-2012, 01:02 PM
What's wrong with just private messaging the guy and explain to him why not to
catch and release on powerbait or small hooks? You guys destroyed his report....sad

destroyed it completely !!

HBAR
05-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Hey Hitts I pm T-rex and we chatted for a while, I think I might have even given him some pointers and or gave him some info he didn't know. As well I let him know about the lurkers.

Mr T-rex
05-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Hey Hitts I pm T-rex and we chatted for a while, I think I might have even given him some pointers and or gave him some info he didn't know. As well I let him know about the lurkers.

Yes u did boss i appreciate that

Hitts0n
05-04-2012, 01:51 PM

Yeah I think we all been thru the haters and the grumpy folks.It is what it is.
Lets fish !!

Mr T-rex
05-04-2012, 01:54 PM
You couldnt of said it any better than that
Lets Fish!!

BigBrownHunter
05-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Wow............

Well anyways........

Im not a hater of fish catching..Just a hater of fish catching and killing..Just because I dont have a post count of over 100 doesnt mean I dont fish or know the sport.I educate my kids on proper fish handleing techniques and when I "lurk" and see it on FNN and other sites I will not hesitate to drop knowledge so that we can all enjoy our fisheries. I'm glad everyone had a good time..thats what its all about..

I was raised trout fishing and I was fortunate enough to have been taught how to handle a fish..lip ripping and bloody decks is for the salt and bassmasters..Trout are delicate fish and need to be handled differently..thats all anyone is trying to say..what exactly are we hating on..that you caught fish? not at all..Just that the fish werent handled correctly..here are some things to always remember and dont take this the wrong way..( not intended to offend)

Always handle a trout with wet hands
never lay a trout on rocks or dirt.
use a rubber net and try to keep the fish in water for the release.
NEVER put fingers into thier gills to hold them for a photo. A good tail grip with the other hand supporting the belly is fine and will make a great photo!
Try and use barbless hooks even if its not the a barbless C&R water.

when fishing put & take lakes keep your limit..Fish bait..what ever..thats what the DFG stocks them for..for you to catch them and take them.
on the other hand when you catch a wild trout or a nice trout from a pristine mountain lake or stream..C&R..help preserve our fisheries.

And if you really want to chalange yourself..put the power bait away and pick up the fly rod!..once you dial it in you will never touch rainbow power bait again..

Ok Rant over..I am not intending on offending you on your great family outting..just wanted to take the time to help a fellow angler leran a few things that I was lucky enough to have learned myself!

Cheers!

smokehound
05-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Looking forward to your next report !!!Not defend hatery.. Lol But it's not healthy to just ignore critique. If that were the case I wouldn't be able to draw boobies as well as I could today. =P

Hitts0n
05-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Im not a hater of fish catching..Just a hater of fish catching and killing..Just because I dont have a post count of over 100 doesnt mean I dont fish or know the sport.I educate my kids on proper fish handleing techniques and when I "lurk" and see it on FNN and other sites I will not hesitate to drop knowledge so that we can all enjoy our fisheries. I'm glad everyone had a good time..thats what its all about..

I was raised trout fishing and I was fortunate enough to have been taught how to handle a fish..lip ripping and bloody decks is for the salt and bassmasters..Trout are delicate fish and need to be handled differently..thats all anyone is trying to say..what exactly are we hating on..that you caught fish? not at all..Just that the fish werent handled correctly..here are some things to always remember and dont take this the wrong way..( not intended to offend)

Always handle a trout with wet hands
never lay a trout on rocks or dirt.
use a rubber net and try to keep the fish in water for the release.
NEVER put fingers into thier gills to hold them for a photo. A good tail grip with the other hand supporting the belly is fine and will make a great photo!
Try and use barbless hooks even if its not the a barbless C&R water.

when fishing put & take lakes keep your limit..Fish bait..what ever..thats what the DFG stocks them for..for you to catch them and take them.
on the other hand when you catch a wild trout or a nice trout from a pristine mountain lake or stream..C&R..help preserve our fisheries.

And if you really want to chalange yourself..put the power bait away and pick up the fly rod!..once you dial it in you will never touch rainbow power bait again..

Ok Rant over..I am not intending on offending you on your great family outting..just wanted to take the time to help a fellow angler leran a few things that I was lucky enough to have learned myself!

Cheers!

I'm not trippin nor bashing the ones who are truely trying to upgrade a fisherman.This is why I asked the question...why didnt anyone just pm him and say hey....here's some knowledge that you should practice so we dont have dead fish floating around.I too do not like walking around picking up empty jars or powerbiat,or beer cans,or plastics left by a careless fisherman.I do agree...small trebles will kill a trout gut hooked and bleeding to death.But there is some hate in this thread.I see the passion here in some people's heart for trout fishing.But I see way too much sarcasm.Put yourself in this mans shoes.Ive learned some from this thread and it brings me back to whenI first joined this site.Ive met good people on this board.Just last night a fisherman put me up on some game and I didnt take it to heart because he told me his point of view,and where I can improve.Simple.....he could have talked down on me and dissed me and told me the fastest way I can kiss his arse.We are all in this game for the same objective,to catch fish! Even if I like,love or hate someone on this website....I learn from all of you.Lets keep the knowledge flowing! Good times and the passion for fishing going !!! Tight lines to you all !!!!!

Hitts0n
05-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Not defend hatery.. Lol But it's not healthy to just ignore critique. If that were the case I wouldn't be able to draw boobies as well as I could today. =P

LMAOOOOOOO!! =) Chumster !! Kill kill kill slay slay slay !! As Bones would say !!

TroutOnly
05-07-2012, 01:40 PM
POWERBAIT = DEAD TROUT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hitts0n
05-08-2012, 02:39 AM
POWERBAIT = DEAD TROUT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Then lets go to DVL and slay some !