PDA

View Full Version : Lake Gregory w/ dad 4/8/12

white belt
04-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Went to Gregory today with the pops. Got a little lost and ended up on north shore around 10. It was pretty hot there so we decided to move. We were able to follow the road to the ball park (thanks to fishing queen!) First cast in, I get one on my pole with a mice tail and one on my pole with a power egg. This was around 11. For the next hour, nothing. I hit the market for food, came back and right when i start eating, I land another.

My dad's grumbling at this point haha but we both get nothing for the next 4 hours. My dads hungry so we decide to pack up and my dad casts out one more time. This time he jigs the mice tail and lands the biggest fish of the day. Probably 1.5 lbs. Ended the day with 4 rainbows. Guys next to us c&r about 10 fish from 11-3 with a couple browns mixed in there. No one else around was catching. Good day.. thanks again to FQ.

http://oi44.tinypic.com/kapopu.jpg

http://oi39.tinypic.com/2whjfi1.jpg

mjc89
04-09-2012, 12:20 AM
Good job. I was there from 7:00am to like 3:30pm.

CraigH
04-09-2012, 06:48 AM
Good job. Glad to hear its warming up - there was a real cold wind going thru there last week.

white belt
04-09-2012, 07:16 AM
Good job. I was there from 7:00am to like 3:30pm.

Where were you fishing? I didnt see too many people catching but seem like you guys did well.

Good job. Glad to hear its warming up - there was a real cold wind going thru there last week.

Wind gusted on and off but calm for most of the day. Very nice place to fish and relax. Do you fish it regularly? It was my first time there but the whole area is really chill and i want to go back.

The Fishing Queen
04-09-2012, 07:34 AM
I'm glad that I can help and to hear you did well yesterday. :Razz: Beautiful lake isn't? Yesterday the weather was less windy than the past two, or three days. I would stay up in the mountains if I didn't have to come back here for the faire.

white belt
04-09-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm glad that I can help and to hear you did well yesterday. :Razz: Beautiful lake isn't? Yesterday the weather was less windy than the past two, or three days. I would stay up in the mountains if I didn't have to come back here for the faire.

Yea its a nice spot. Once my baby's born I want to go back and maybe rent a cabin in the summer. Does it stay cold enough to stock trout year round?

CraigH
04-09-2012, 02:20 PM
I fish Gregory two or three times a month. I like to rotate between Jenks, Big Bear, Gregory, and some saltwater fishing during the summer.

I don't know if you noticed the walking trail or not? It goes around most of the lake, so if you feel like getting some exercise you can walk the trail and throw some lures where it looks "fishy". I always fish it during the week, so I don't know if it gets too crowded to do this on weekends.

I think they just started stocking it for the season a few weeks ago. It seem like they stop stocking around October???? It gets pretty cold there in the winter and not too many people fish it in the winter.

white belt
04-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the info craig. I guess i just found my summer fishing spot. I dont like fishing for cats anyway haha

mjc89
04-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Where were you fishing? I didnt see too many people catching but seem like you guys did well.

We were by the field.

Nastybite
04-16-2012, 03:09 PM
The bite was hot that day tossing metal and jigs. Between 2 of us, we C&R'd 20 fish a piece. Try tossing some lures next time.