PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever use Gluvit?

Catalina CD
04-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Looking to repair a couple small cracks on the bottom of my 14" aluminum Gregor boat. I've done a lot of research online, and it appears that the epoxy coating Gluvit seems to work well since it tends to flex with the hull. Anybody ever use this stuff? I already got some, but wanted to see if anybody had any advice/experience using it before applying it to my boat.

My initial plan was to fill the cracks with 3M 5200, and then cover about 2/3rd's of the bottom of the boat with the Gluvit. Then I thought it might be best to skip the 5200 to allow the Gluvit to seep into the cracks. I like the idea of covering most of the bottom with this stuff since my hull is over 30 years old. It would be like adding a whole new layer to the bottom of the boat preventing more leaks in the future. Any feedback would be appreciated....thanks!

Karyn
04-08-2012, 06:17 PM
I have a little 12 foot Valco that I restored. I used Alumni Weld and some gutter caulking that I got at Home Depot. It can get wet, it paint-able, and worked out great. I stripped the entire boat, resealed all the rivets and seams, and painted the inside Navigator gray. Looks great! Very durable- It worked out for me and she still floats :)

KID CREOLE
04-11-2012, 10:40 AM
Gluvit is thicK and rough, if you put it on the hull it will create drag.

You should get the cracks welded