PDA

View Full Version : D.V.L shore fishing??????

socalbassboy
04-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Hi everyone...ive never been to diamond valley but i really want to this year...i dont have a boat so i will be fishing from shore..can anyone help me out and tell me some good spots i can fish from shore for Largemouths?..I would really appreciate it!
God bless and tight lines!
--Buzand

XMrxSEAUx
04-08-2012, 03:32 PM
what techniques do you like to fiish?:) Color that i bring are the Margarita mutilators in 7 inch and senko in the watermelon swimbait in the trout and dropshot or texas robo's try starting at the point to the right of the marina

socalbassboy
04-08-2012, 03:44 PM
i like topwater...but im a worm dragger :)...i need to learn hard baits haha thanks for the help!!!

AnglerBob
04-13-2012, 12:20 PM
I was there on Wednesday fishing like an idiot in the rain:) I had a rental boat for the morning but the weather got too extreme and I ended up shore fishing the rest of the day.

The problem with shore fishing DVL is that there's only a limited stretch of shoreline available and it gets hammered HARD. I think the bass along that stretch get pretty catch-resistant.

It can be an excellent area for trout, though, especially after a stock. The trout tend to stay pretty close to shore as they get hemmed in by LMB and stripers.

If you wanted to try for the LMB that might be a good spot for a swimbait, especially after a trout stock. But you wouldn't be the first to try it!