PDA

View Full Version : Elsinore crappie bite!!!

LittleJigger96
04-07-2012, 10:41 PM
Fished elsinore from 5 pm to about 7 30 pm with ending with 10 crappie all 1 pounders. They are finally startingto move in but with the cold weather that we are suppose to get this week it will go away. Could of probally had about 15 if I didn't miss and break some off. Look at picture.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa474/gbteam21/Snapbucket/35FCC3D7-orig.jpg

etucker1959
04-07-2012, 10:49 PM
Great catch! I was looking to go last year for crappie's but I never saw any good reports. Could I ask you were you fishing from a boat or shore? You don't have to tell me your spot, because if I go I'll try to figure it out for myself. Thanks

LittleJigger96
04-07-2012, 11:15 PM
Go to the marina and fish from shore with a bobber with about a 3 foot leader. Work your way around the shorline on the right side of the marina. Should have came last year I was catching 2 pounders.

etucker1959
04-07-2012, 11:26 PM
Go to the marina and fish from shore with a bobber with about a 3 foot leader. Work your way around the shorline on the right side of the marina. Should have came last year I was catching 2 pounders.
Cool Thanks!

Fishbreath
04-08-2012, 06:31 AM

Good job! From the coloration, those appear to be males. You will get those 2 pounders when the females move in. Go every day!

Old fishermen never die. They just smell that way.
The Best of Fishbreath (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa24/Fishbreath92028/Slideshow/?albumview=slideshow)

etucker1959
04-09-2012, 08:37 AM

Thank you for the info, we hit it up on Sunday afternoon and had a lot of fun. Those lake Elsinore crappies are the thickest and blackest crappies I ever caught. Thanks again for sharing the information.

LittleJigger96
04-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Yea they are dark for not hiding under a dock or anything. They fight good to and how many did you catch?

etucker1959
04-09-2012, 01:22 PM
I have never fished Elisnore in my life, so this was just a scouting trip. In talking to williams at the bait and tackle store, he said the "last few days the crappie fishing was a evening bite". I had to leave at 5 so I missed the evening bite. So in two hours of fishing I found one little spot of biters. It was the very end corner, I know you know where I'm talking about. Caught 3, two big ones and a medium one. Got jumped by 5 other guys as soon as I started catching fish. I let them have that spot right after that because this was only a scouting trip. I did not see anyone else catch any crappies, lots of carp were being caught and kept not sure why. Like I say this was a good scouting trip, next time I want to tube it or put my boat in the water. Williams said right around the corner from the marina, was another good spot with lots of sticks and bushes. Once again thank's, those are some bitchen crappie they have in Elisnore.

GearHead
04-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Perfect. Taking my son out there this afternoon and was a little confused on where to go. Are any of the fishing beaches good or just the marina?

Thanks.

etucker1959
04-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Perfect. Taking my son out there this afternoon and was a little confused on where to go. Are any of the fishing beaches good or just the marina?

Thanks.

Just the marina, post up any report good or bad. Good luck too you.

October
04-11-2012, 09:48 PM
not sure I would eat a single thing out of that lake....

thanks for the advice though. I have been hitting up Canyon Lake craps too much lately, need a change.

LittleJigger96
04-11-2012, 10:14 PM
How has the crappie bite been at canyon.

October
04-11-2012, 10:25 PM
How has the crappie bite been at canyon.

Its always good anytime of the day. Better after five.
I get ton of 1.5-2lbers, they are all really
fat with Shad

fishmounter
04-11-2012, 10:40 PM
Can you put in a float tube there in the marina area at Elsinore? Sounds like it would be a good spot to 'tube for crappie.

LittleJigger96
04-12-2012, 07:36 AM
Can you put in a float tube there in the marina area at Elsinore? Sounds like it would be a good spot to 'tube for crappie.

I have no idea me and buddies thought the same idea.