View Full Version : 4/7/12 totally tubular report

FKNChristopH
04-07-2012, 05:00 PM
Well not really. Anywayss...

Short report:
Broke off 2
lost 4 at color
missed 2 short bites
landed a total of 5, but one flopped out of my hands as I was transferring from landing net to livewell.
All fish caught on trout king mini jigs + lip rippers worm trailer / power mouse doused in love sauce.
Also.. witnessed the 19.2 beast being pulled out of the water by that regular Tim.

Long report:
Launched out of woody's as normal, headed out of the middle then hooked a left to the west shore. 1st bite was on the minijig. Had to cast behind me (ahead of where I was going) let it sink, told myself "im going to catch one on this cast.. I know they're deep".. two bounces later slammed, and landed my biggest of the day, a little over 2#. Got to the first set of buoys and posted there for nothing, wanted to kick over to trout island to see what was going on over there. As I set up my rods to troll directly perpendicular to the shoreline, my power mouse gets slammed as soon as it hits the bottom. As I'm going to transfer him from my landing net to my live-well, it flops and flops out of my hand and back into the lake. Oh well, it wasnt thaaaat big. Broke one off immediately as I got to trout island on the power mouse. I retie and kick over to the flats side of the island, 3 in a row I lose at color on the power mouse combo. They were eating it on the deadstick/slowwww presentation wayyyy behind me. Finally get one to stay on and land that one. Started to kick over to the boat rental dock, I get slammed on the trout king minijig in white. Put another in the basket (carefully this time). Started my crossing over to west shore, landed another one on the power mouse doused in love sauce. Shortly after that fish, I get bit on the minijig and later spits it, bummer. Miss 3 (1 breaks me off on hook set) more bites at the west shore then I headed back to the barn to make the weigh in. As I was getting out, I see the behemouth of a trout come out of woody's cove. Pretty interesting day to say the least.

On a side note, I met Bring-IT. Pretty rad and chill dood. Nice meeting you Scott. Hopefully we'll run into each other again.

Until next time

*shakkaaa*

BRING IT
04-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Well not really. Anywayss...

Short report:
Broke off 2
lost 4 at color
missed 2 short bites
landed a total of 5, but one flopped out of my hands as I was transferring from landing net to livewell.
All fish caught on trout king mini jigs + lip rippers worm trailer / power mouse doused in love sauce.
Also.. witnessed the 19.2 beast being pulled out of the water by that regular Tim.

Long report:
Launched out of woody's as normal, headed out of the middle then hooked a left to the west shore. 1st bite was on the minijig. Had to cast behind me (ahead of where I was going) let it sink, told myself "im going to catch one on this cast.. I know they're deep".. two bounces later slammed, and landed my biggest of the day, a little over 2#. Got to the first set of buoys and posted there for nothing, wanted to kick over to trout island to see what was going on over there. As I set up my rods to troll directly perpendicular to the shoreline, my power mouse gets slammed as soon as it hits the bottom. As I'm going to transfer him from my landing net to my live-well, it flops and flops out of my hand and back into the lake. Oh well, it wasnt thaaaat big. Broke one off immediately as I got to trout island on the power mouse. I retie and kick over to the flats side of the island, 3 in a row I lose at color on the power mouse combo. They were eating it on the deadstick/slowwww presentation wayyyy behind me. Finally get one to stay on and land that one. Started to kick over to the boat rental dock, I get slammed on the trout king minijig in white. Put another in the basket (carefully this time). Started my crossing over to west shore, landed another one on the power mouse doused in love sauce. Shortly after that fish, I get bit on the minijig and later spits it, bummer. Miss 3 (1 breaks me off on hook set) more bites at the west shore then I headed back to the barn to make the weigh in. As I was getting out, I see the behemouth of a trout come out of woody's cove. Pretty interesting day to say the least.

On a side note, I met Bring-IT. Pretty rad and chill dood. Nice meeting you Scott. Hopefully we'll run into each other again.

Until next time

*shakkaaa*

Sounds like a fun day forshow. We deff need to hook up and do some catching, I was all alone for most of the day, puttin on a slay session. ha ha ha send me a Pm if you want to go fish.
Have Fun/ Fish Hard
BRING IT:Guns:

fishfnatic
04-07-2012, 08:33 PM
You remember that guy you were talking to at trout island with the finder? That was me ;) Good job out there. I ended my day early with only 3 and 4 farmed. I lost a realy nice steely because my drag was too lose and it lost tension when I was grabbing my net -.-. Good job out there. How did your buddy do? Is he pretty new to tubing?

BBfish
04-07-2012, 09:02 PM
I plan on tubin' there next Thursday.... When you launch do you leave your vehicle just hanging out where you launch from or are you supposed to park it at a parking lot?

BB

fishfnatic
04-07-2012, 09:14 PM
I plan on tubin' there next Thursday.... When you launch do you leave your vehicle just hanging out where you launch from or are you supposed to park it at a parking lot?

BB

You don't need to drive to the "parking lot". You can pretty march park anywhere. I usually just pull off the shore and call it good.

Lip Ripperz
04-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Thanks for coming out guys!!

BBfish
04-07-2012, 11:49 PM
sweet... thanks... trying to squeeze in a trip between rain on my way to visit brother in San Diego

FKNChristopH
04-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Sounds like a fun day forshow. We deff need to hook up and do some catching, I was all alone for most of the day, puttin on a slay session. ha ha ha send me a Pm if you want to go fish.
Have Fun/ Fish Hard
BRING IT:Guns:
Will do, shooting for next saturday maybe..

You remember that guy you were talking to at trout island with the finder? That was me ;) Good job out there. I ended my day early with only 3 and 4 farmed. I lost a realy nice steely because my drag was too lose and it lost tension when I was grabbing my net -.-. Good job out there. How did your buddy do? Is he pretty new to tubing?
LOL hes not really all that new to tubing, just new to fishing trout in a tube. Nice meeting you man.. sounds like you ended pretty well too!

*shakaaa*