PDA

View Full Version : Perris Saturday 04/07

Sandman_Tracker
04-07-2012, 02:04 PM
Let me start off by saying that I knew today was going to be a zoo….and a zoo it was, even had damn seadoos zooming around the east side. I yell out 5MPH while holding up 5 fingers and the dumb @$$ waves at me…..lol. The boys talked me in to going...actually they begged..lol

Hit the water just after 6AM with my 2 boys. The water temp was around 59 when we started. The bite was hot early and then slowed for me. The main bait for me today was the watermelon senko w/red flake. Other baits used that caught fish; creature (brown), spinnerbait (firetiger), drop shot (green plastic) and buzz bait (white). Total fish caught was 8 LMB and 1 trout(my youngest was drifting a night crawler). Nothing of major size, 4.1 being the biggest. The rest were 2lbs and smaller. The 4.1lber isn’t huge, but it was a fun catch nonetheless….

Side note: I met some guy named Jonathon out there..said he was on FNN but didn’t post too much in the freshwater section and I didn’t get his SN. Anyway, he caught a 5.5…I took the pic for him, so maybe he will post it in here somewhere. The pic below is me with the 4.1
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh31/psantiago27/Perris_0406.jpg

fishmounter
04-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Nice going Paul. I still gotta get out there with you man. I'll be out float tubing there at LP quite a lot as soon as the BGs and REs start turning on. Waiting for that water temp to go up a little bit more. Go Angels!

Sandman_Tracker
04-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Nice going Paul. I still gotta get out there with you man. I'll be out float tubing there at LP quite a lot as soon as the BGs and REs start turning on. Waiting for that water temp to go up a little bit more. Go Angels!
Hey Jeff...anytime you want to go let me know. Actually the water temp is going up. I'm not sure of the exact temp when we left, but I know it got up around 65 and on Thursday it got up over 67, when Bassgrabber and I were out. My boys have been making some killings out there on the RE. They go out and bank fish at 11/12..

tagg27
04-07-2012, 04:28 PM
WTg on the the LMB...you're a trooper taking the boys on a Saturday...4.1lber must have been fun. Hopefully get out for a thursday session this week...Nice job

SirBluegill
04-07-2012, 04:33 PM

Ya cant wait till the temp goes up and get out on the tube again. I want to test my new jigs out that I made :)

Sandman_Tracker
04-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Ya cant wait till the temp goes up and get out on the tube again. I want to test my new jigs out that I made :)

Lots of tubers out...the guy I met this morning who caught the 5.5 was on a tube. Get out there...water is fine and the bite seems to be hot.

WTg on the the LMB...you're a trooper taking the boys on a Saturday...4.1lber must have been fun. Hopefully get out for a thursday session this week...Nice job

Thx...I wouldn't call it a trooper though, just a dad who gave in....lol. Plus my 18 yr old is leaving soon for the Navy, so I'm trying to take advantage while he's here. Zoo or not....it was good times with the boys.

M@M
04-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Thanks for posting...sounds like you had a good time and a fun day... and that's a healthy looking bass...Lake Perris is always a Great time!

bassgrabber1
04-07-2012, 08:47 PM
WTG Paul !!!! I had to cater all day so no fishing this weekend for me.

fishmounter
04-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Yeah we'll be out there soon, but I hate 'tubing with waders... still a little cool to go in shorts. Few more days like today and that water temp will go up a few degrees.

mxwrench
04-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Sandman, fear not my friend, we were there today as well and I witnessed those two jetskiers zoom by you, and you holler at them. Not once, but twice! Anyway, you will be relieved (as I was), that they were sited by the lake patrol around 3pm for speeding in the 5mph zone.

Kelster
04-08-2012, 09:45 AM
Friday nobody on the water, great fishing. I think I met you and your sons out there last Sunday. They caught quite a few RE's when I got back in.

Sandman_Tracker
04-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Sandman, fear not my friend, we were there today as well and I witnessed those two jetskiers zoom by you, and you holler at them. Not once, but twice! Anyway, you will be relieved (as I was), that they were sited by the lake patrol around 3pm for speeding in the 5mph zone.
They ended up getting cited huh? And you heard me? Didn't realize I was so loud. Hopefully I didn't sound like an a-hole. Glad they got cited though.... I just really hate when they go speeding through there.

Friday nobody on the water, great fishing. I think I met you and your sons out there last Sunday. They caught quite a few RE's when I got back in.
Was that you I was talking to on your way out that day? I said you had a nice little setup??

Kelster
04-09-2012, 05:22 AM
I spoke with someone dropping off their boys first thing Sunday morning.

Sandman_Tracker
04-09-2012, 05:32 AM
I spoke with someone dropping off their boys first thing Sunday morning.
Ok, yeah that was me...I walked them down, made sure they were good and then let them be...that was the day I didn't feel like going out, so they hit the banks. Those kids are addicted....lol

Kelster
04-09-2012, 05:43 PM
That's what you said, "dropping off my two addicts" LOL. They did well on those RE's.