PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Niguel Lake 4/6/12

esteban1t
04-07-2012, 12:19 PM
I am going to post a short and simple report. First report, so it wont be perfect.
Arrived at the Lake at 8 in the morning with my grandfather.
Got a boat and had lines in the Water by 8:30
Fished the flats
2 pound test line
1st pole with half a night crawler.
2nd pole with pink and white mice tail(was jigging it)
3rd pole with orange and green mice tail i think(was jigging it)
4th pole with orange zekes floating dough bait (way better & cheaper than berkely's PB)
I ALWAYS flyline the power bait and let it float on top of the water, not to many people do that but it works great for me
All had Bite on Garlic
We kept 3 fish each, 2 were caught on the night crawler, including around a 4 pounder. rest were on the Zekes which were around 2 pounds each.
We released 7 fish which were all good size, and were caught on the mice tails.
over all good day out on the water, we were out for 5 hours, No pics this time, but will be back on tuesday or thursday and will post pics
Let me know how i did with this report. :Fishing Hole:

etucker1959
04-07-2012, 05:20 PM
Cool report you did a great job. Did you see anyone bass or crappie fishing?

The Fishing Queen
04-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Never fished at LNL, but you did a fine job on this report!:Thumbs Up:

esteban1t
04-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Thanks....I didn't see any bass yesterday, but a week ago i caught 2 of them while using micetails , around 2 pounds each . and crappie/bluegill are caught next to the boat dock all the time .

LuckyCraft420
04-07-2012, 07:03 PM
The crappie have been gone from the boat docks for weeks. Talk to Ashley at the tackle shop and she may be able to put you on some bluegill. A little tip if you go on Tuesday cause I just found out this passed week after catching a 14 lbr. They don't allow jigging on shore the day of the stocking. I know you said you were in a boat which is fine, but no shore jigging kinda sucks. I've decided to avoid Tuesday's the rest of the season.

esteban1t
04-07-2012, 07:32 PM
That does suck.... Well cant blame them, probably don't want people snagging them as they cruise along the shore after stocking... is fishing good on tuesdays?

esteban1t
04-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Oh, and is it crowded on tuesdays?

LuckyCraft420
04-07-2012, 08:49 PM
I got there at 2am expecting a huge crowd, and I was mistaken. The shore line is much more packed on wed and thur