PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Lake 4-5-12

mjc89
04-06-2012, 11:17 PM
So i was working in La Mirada yesterday and i decided to hit up laguna lake. I knew they had stocked it this week with trout so wanted to give it a try. My bro decided to tag along and we got there around 3:30pm. Within a few minutes we had a bite. My bro was the first to hook up and pulled out a dink dfg trout. A little later i hook up and its another dink. We caught a few more trout and even caught two bluegill. We ended up catching 7 trout and 2 bluegill. Most of the trout were released except for two that i gave to some guy who didnt catch anything. All fish were caught on pb. We left around 6:00pm. Heres a pic of one of the trout.

FELIPE
04-06-2012, 11:20 PM
Lol!!!!! Your bro looks like you alot!!!!
Good job on the trout....:lol:

mjc89
04-06-2012, 11:22 PM
Its not my bro in the pic.

Carptain_Bao
04-06-2012, 11:23 PM
That sure is a dfg dink, I've had enough with those little ones, gotta hit up sarl more often.

mjc89
04-06-2012, 11:29 PM
That sure is a dfg dink, I've had enough with those little ones, gotta hit up sarl more often.

Yeah. Its still fun to catch them though. SARL is winding down on the trout bite. Pretty much everywhere. Once it gets hot its time to head up to the mountains. lol

Carptain_Bao
04-06-2012, 11:33 PM
Yeah. Its still fun to catch them though. SARL is winding down on the trout bite. Pretty much everywhere. Once it gets hot its time to head up to the mountains. lol
Damn right about that. The bite is very tough now. Gotta start to get ready for some catfish action.

mjc89
04-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Damn right about that. The bite is very tough now. Gotta start to get ready for some catfish action.

Yeah that too. The cats arent biting at sarl yet. My dad caught some at corona last week.

The Fishing Queen
04-07-2012, 06:21 PM
:LOL: I hope you are not going to change your avatar picture with this one! Compared with the last post I saw with a big fat fish and a great smile, this picture makes me laugh because you don't look so happy .... Just joking!

smokehound
04-07-2012, 09:47 PM
I like laguna. I used to catch nice green sunfish around the reeds.. few people fish for them so they get pretty big.

There are nice red ears there, too, seen a few pigs, nearly a pound. Since these love eating asiatic clams, they get fat!

shoulda flipped a stone over and toss out a small live crayfish. You'll get a nice red ear with the smaller crayfish.

there are nice catfish there. i caught a few big ones on trout magnets there. Since redears arent bluegills, are they legal as a cut-bait?

mjc89
04-07-2012, 10:36 PM
:LOL: I hope you are not going to change your avatar picture with this one! Compared with the last post I saw with a big fat fish and a great smile, this picture makes me laugh because you don't look so happy .... Just joking!

LOL. I know huh. That pictures staying on for a while until i catch a dd catfish. lol. Guess what im heading up to gregory with my bro tomorrow.

mjc89
04-07-2012, 10:39 PM
I like laguna. I used to catch nice green sunfish around the reeds.. few people fish for them so they get pretty big.

There are nice red ears there, too, seen a few pigs, nearly a pound. Since these love eating asiatic clams, they get fat!

shoulda flipped a stone over and toss out a small live crayfish. You'll get a nice red ear with the smaller crayfish.

there are nice catfish there. i caught a few big ones on trout magnets there. Since redears arent bluegills, are they legal as a cut-bait?

Yeah i know theres nice cats because a guy the other day got his rod pulled in. He was mad because the guy that was with him didnt get the rod in time. Then a guy across the lake picked up the line and pulled it in. He said it was a big cat. Idk if he saw it or not.

evosamurai
04-07-2012, 10:40 PM
Went yesterday 4/6 caught 2 dinks on a panther Martin and a mice tail. Saw some nice size bass cruising the shoreline

mjc89
04-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Went yesterday 4/6 caught 2 dinks on a panther Martin and a mice tail. Saw some nice size bass cruising the shoreline

Did you try powerbait or anything else?

evosamurai
04-07-2012, 11:03 PM
my brother was using pb and my friends were using pb and nightcrawlers

evosamurai
04-07-2012, 11:06 PM
yea my gf got this in the summer she said it almost pulled the rod in the water and she got it before it went in, i was pissed cause i didnt get to land it lol...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/evosamurai/IMG_0278.jpg
was nice size, not sure what the weight was

(in reply to mjcs post about the cats)

mjc89
04-07-2012, 11:16 PM
my brother was using pb and my friends were using pb and nightcrawlers

Did they catch anything on them?

mjc89
04-07-2012, 11:17 PM
yea my gf got this in the summer she said it almost pulled the rod in the water and she got it before it went in, i was pissed cause i didnt get to land it lol...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/evosamurai/IMG_0278.jpg
was nice size, not sure what the weight was

(in reply to mjcs post about the cats)

LOL. Oh yeah i remember your post.

evosamurai
04-07-2012, 11:21 PM
Did they catch anything on them?
nah......but i was looking all around it was slow for everyone
my friend got snagged in the middle, and we were working the line back slowly pulling something, i thought it was a branch, he got it up it was a bunch of lines all tangle together, had 5 different mice tails in the mix lol, was a mess luckily we saved his rig. wonder if he casted in a spot where stuff seems to collect from the pumps and current

mjc89
04-07-2012, 11:23 PM
nah......but i was looking all around it was slow for everyone

Hmmm. well we'll see what happens. Hopefully we get on some fish.

evosamurai
04-07-2012, 11:26 PM
supposed to get stocked tommorrow