PDA

View Full Version : 4/6, Continued fishing at Lake Gregory!!...):}+{:(...

The Fishing Queen
04-06-2012, 09:33 PM
4/6, Friday, went to the south part of lake around 5 pm, harsh winds, temperature in the high 50's. Fished for an hour, caught 3 trout and lost one on the way in. Two trout caught with Super Duper, and they were carefully released. Only kept one trout that was caught with PB...... Met a FNN guest name 'Dan', he introduced himself to me after he spotted my pink poles. He told me that he was here because he read my post, and decided to go fishing at LG today. It was nice to hear that my report has helped others with their fishing. He was using a Kast Master, as I mentioned in my last post, and he was killing the lake. And most of his fish were C&R..... Nice job, Dan! I know you are going to read this, and I hope someday I will read your own posts.

The small trout in my dinner plate was what I caught today

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p561/TheFishingQueen/Dinner.png

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p561/TheFishingQueen/mini5.png

mjc89
04-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Nice job! Ive never tried lures up there before. I had most of my luck on pb. Got some nice 3# and 4# trout last year. I cant wait to get up there.

P1M
04-07-2012, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the pointers I went Tuesday and Thursday. Tuesday had the kids and hit up by the ball field. I was only there about and hour and couldn't really get to a good spot and my son was driving me crazy so I left. Thursday morning went alone and fished by the ball field and froze for about three hrs for only one hit . Drove over to the parking lot to call my wife to tell her I was on my way home when I saw fish coming out of the water. Grabbed a pole with a kastmaster and first cast I hooked up and lost. I caught 3 in about 15 all C&R but couldn't feel my hands anymore and left. Was going to go Friday with the kids again but just to cold. Those little guys put up a good fight!

The Fishing Queen
04-07-2012, 11:37 AM
I'm glad that I could help with info. and you had a good time fishing, thanks for the reply!

The Fishing Queen
04-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Nice job! Ive never tried lures up there before. I had most of my luck on pb. Got some nice 3# and 4# trout last year. I cant wait to get up there.

Thanks 'mjc89'!

white belt
04-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Lake Gregory is like your drive thru, FQ! You get in, pull out a couple fish in less than an hour and head home with dinner hahaha

The Fishing Queen
04-07-2012, 07:02 PM
I hope the PM I sent to you will help you catch some good ones too. Good luck to you!