PDA

View Full Version : Corona report 4/6 No pics

Rot8
04-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Lake temperature 66 degrees, visibility 12 inches -brown stained water.

Tough day at Corona. 7 fish caught between three of us and that was a good day for the day's lake standards. We saw a lot of 1 fish stringers or skunks. We caught our 7 between 6:30 am to 1:30 pm from a boat. Not quite sure why the fish aren't biting except for the poor clarity of the water. Did notice two things, 1) many fish were metered 2) when we did catch a fish they gave in pretty quickly. This could be a sign that the fish are stressed a little. Anyways, I thought I'd post a report since I haven't seem many lately.

Tightlines

Kelster
04-06-2012, 09:05 PM
When I see they are catching good size crappie and LMB's it seems the water is getting warm and that lake is pretty shallow.

Thanks for the report

HookedUptuber
04-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Was there 4-4-12 fishing was off the hook Fromm the tube my gf and I had double limits of trout fish didn't give in that easy though
We are shown on the latest stocking video on our tubes

Rot8
04-07-2012, 01:40 PM
When I see they are catching good size crappie and LMB's it seems the water is getting warm and that lake is pretty shallow.

Thanks for the report

I did see tubers catching some nice size crappie for sure.

Rot8
04-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Was there 4-4-12 fishing was off the hook Fromm the tube my gf and I had double limits of trout fish didn't give in that easy though
We are shown on the latest stocking video on our tubes

Nice. Glad to hear you are still slaying them. For us, we weren't as fortunate. Gives us incentive to keep coming back, but the fishing is sure different than a month ago.

normak111
04-07-2012, 11:15 PM
Fished Friday from tube and it was really slow. Most tubers had slow day as I saw and the ones I talked to. I ended up with 1 nice paper mouth and 1 good 4 lb tail walker that fought strong as a 10lb'er. Many tuff runs and 3 big superman leaps. That one fish made the $25 almost worth it!hahaha. Water is stained and warming for sure. I think the full moon has killed the bite this week. Lots of larva in the water and shad so trout are probally feeding good at night. Next week bite should pick up!