PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Lake Isabella Trout Derby Report

manuel149
04-06-2012, 10:44 AM
The wife, daughter and i took a 6 day trip to the derby arriving on thurdsday afternoon. Friday we walked around looking for a hole.
We picked one and i decided to put out the tent at the spot and spend the night there scince i didnt know what kind of crowd to expect.
A guy next to us said the catfish bite was good so when we went into town to pick up our registration i also picked up a mackeral.
Just after dark i landed what looked like a 5 lb. cat and a bunch of small ones that i threw back and one 2 lbs trout.
Saturday, the wind kicked in full bast and no bites not one all around. During the night we got some rain and hail so no night fishing. On sunday we started out by the main dam till about 3 and again nothing all around and yes the wind was still going. We moved agian and at this new spot that my darling wife picked and
we finally see fish on stringers. I took a walk and talked to the guys catching fish and asking on how they were rigging. Went back and within ten minutes i had my fisrt fish. I got the second one on but lost him really close. We came back to this spot for the final day of the derby to a very beautyfull no wind. I managed
2 fish before 7am and that was it. We made our last stop at french gloutch to end the the day where i started to bring in my lines and to my surprise i had a nice
little brown.That was it for the derby, landed one more the next day. We were expecting a bigger crowd but it was not bad at all. We will be back next year.343423434334344343453434634347

tracker16
04-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Well we did about the same we where in the big red and silver tracker with full canvis,l we tried to anchor but wend kept blowing us away so i added 25" of 3/8 chain to the anchor that did the trick. I did catch a 10lb cat trolling a Rapala and a trout no tags, we had a good time im to old to deal with the all the people so we stayed in the boat.
The weather this weekend is going to be real nice owell one week off go figure.
There was a local that got the 10,000 fish it looked like he was in shock but his wife was going crazy they could not belive it. We stayed till Tuesday and went home to Bakersfield.

manuel149
04-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Your were launching out of kissack cove right?

tracker16
04-06-2012, 01:52 PM
I was at kissack and beached the boat and walked to lake Isabella RV resort to get my fish finder and drove the wifes car back to kissack pushed boat back into the water and took off. yes that was me.