PDA

View Full Version : Lake Isabella Derby-No Tags- Two new PBs

Mojave River Angler
04-06-2012, 08:02 AM
My son and a friend and I went up for the derby on Thursday. Got warmed up on some trout friday no problems. Once the derby started on Saturday, they were hard to come by. We managed a few, but with no tags. Weather was typical. We really only had half of monday that was nice. The rest of the time it was wind, rain, cold. The good that came from the weekend was my son (10) caught a 2.75lb trout, which might be a personal best. My friend Anthony caugh a new personal best LMB at 8.5 lbs. Since it is fair to assume that all fishermen are liars, I present...

MRA

etucker1959
04-06-2012, 08:05 AM
Great picture I love it.

Fishin Magician
04-06-2012, 09:06 AM
typical of the derby, the weather gets crappy. Glad you had fun. my buddy from church did catch a $1000 fish. In general less tagged fish were caught. You do still have till september for a chance at 10 fish worth $100 to $1000

TroutOnly
04-06-2012, 09:21 AM
thats a nice bass, they moved the event from where it was in the past and the bad weather still showed up.F/M are you sure about the tagged fish being able to be caught till sept,,,,used to be 4 weeks after the event,,,,,just curious,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,

Bassnman Mike
04-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Nice bass, the background looks like Kissack Bay

thats a nice bass, they moved the event from where it was in the past and the bad weather still showed up.F/M are you sure about the tagged fish being able to be caught till sept,,,,used to be 4 weeks after the event,,,,,just curious,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,

Bob, yep, F/M is correct, http://www.isabellafishingderby.com/2012_procedures_validating_trout.pdf

Fishin Magician
04-07-2012, 08:35 AM
Since this is a chamber of commerce event, their goal is to increase revenue for local buisness. Extending the time to 5 months increases the probability or return anglers. Not everyone can make it back within a month. Prizes may not be as big but still not a bad payday at $1000. Everyone dreams of getting paid to fish like you Bob.

my snuggles
04-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Since this is a chamber of commerce event, their goal is to increase revenue for local buisness. Extending the time to 5 months increases the probability or return anglers. Not everyone can make it back within a month. Prizes may not be as big but still not a bad payday at $1000. Everyone dreams of getting paid to fish like you Bob.

Can you still buy entries into this? I missed the tourney but my son and I are going up next week looking for Crappie and going back prior to Eastern Sierra opener. any Crappie news floating around????????

cutbait
04-08-2012, 11:13 AM
Paper says 3 of the 10,000 dolla fish has been caught.

Rumors of the 20,000 fish were eating by a 18 lb green carp. :LOL:

Fishin Magician
04-09-2012, 08:10 AM
Too late to enter. Trout fishing still remains great. Crappie are starting to show. Reports have been scarce lately. Let us know how you do. you can start it up for us.

flytyingreloader
04-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Marie and i fished Izzy yesterday from 2 P.M. to sundown, and earned The Striped Kitty for our efforts. LOTS of fish metered in the usual trout spots, but i know an extended middle fin ray on sonar when I see one. Rotten fish. It was still nice having the Triumph out on the lake, running around and hitting the spots. If you have a bad day fishing......you're doing something profoundly wrong.

Sandman_Tracker
04-10-2012, 01:02 AM
Were you able to release that bass? It looks a little dry in the pic??

Mojave River Angler
04-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Ya, she took off to go make more. We couldn't really see any reason to keep her. Got freezers full of marlin and yellowtail at home. We know the bass are important to the local economy...so we put them back. The lake makes lots of Crappie and the trout are put there for us. We don't mind keeping a few of those.