PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a link to fly fishing store prank

Tube'n4Trout
04-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Hey guys/gals,
I'm trying to find a video that I think I remember seeing here years ago. It was a prank at a fly fishing store where the sales associate was talking complete nonsense to customers and the customers would look completely perplexed at what the heck this guy was saying. At one point I think he even ate a fish out of the tank in the store. If I remember correctly, one of the customers was a member on this site. I've googled and youtubed this countless times and I just can't track it down. Any suggestions or links?

Thanks

tacklejunkie
04-05-2012, 11:13 PM
say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!
No artsy fartsy videos 'round here homeskillet.

Tube'n4Trout
04-05-2012, 11:20 PM
tacklejunkie,
I was hoping you or some of the older members might remember seeing this. It was posted on here years ago. I just can't find the link. It was around the same time there was mudslinging about BanginBob and his sponsorship with Eagle Claw

City Dad
04-06-2012, 09:18 AM
That was me. It was a "Cousin Sal" segment on the Jimmy Kimmel show. I looks like it's been taken off of YouTube. Here is a link to a site that used to post it. (http://blog.thefin.com/thefincom/2007/10/cousin-sal-hidd.html) I don't know if it exists anywhere else.

The store was Fisherman's Spot in Van Nuys. I should have known something was up when I walked in and all the regular guys who worked there suddenly vanished and I was left alone with a single clerk who appeared to be retarded - and I mean that in the non-demeaning clinical sense. I just figured they were letting the guy help out in the store. Also, the extras they had browsing the place should have been a dead giveaway - way too young, attractive and female.

Thanks for jogging my memory.

Tube'n4Trout
04-06-2012, 10:25 AM
CityDad,
Yeah that's the one. Thanks for validating my post and my memory. I forgot it was shown on national t.v., but I knew it was someone from this board. So you were shown on the Jimmey Kimmel show...that must've been awesome for the family and friends to see. Now that I know the title it, I've searched and it looks like it's been pulled everywhere. :Sad:

City Dad
04-06-2012, 01:04 PM
That was a trip. I'd just spent the entire day at the hospital with my daughter who had her adenoids taken out and I all I wanted to do was just decompress for a few minutes and talk fly fishing. What was shown in the bit was only a few minutes of the whole ordeal. The guy followed me around the entire store pestering me for nearly twenty minutes. When he finally dropped the character I wanted to choke him - then he told me it was the Jimmy Kimmel Show and we all had a laugh... though when I think about it, it probably would have made for better tv if I had choked him.

I'd almost forgotten about it by the time it aired but a few months later a buddy of mine in Wisconsin emailed me that he thought he'd seen me on the Kimmel show. My fifteen minutes.

DarkShadow
04-09-2012, 03:33 PM
I thought I saw CityDad on an episode of Finding Bigfoot on Animal Planet.