PDA

View Full Version : canyon lake help!!!

christainmetalhead909
04-05-2012, 08:30 PM
i can head out to canyon lakes when ever i want and i plan to do it a lot i know there are some fat bass crappie and cats in there i was just wondering if anyone had any good spots or techniques or baits. i heard i rumor about strippers being in there also can anyone confirm or deny????? im just looking for any info on this lake at all!!! thanks!!!

evosamurai
04-05-2012, 08:59 PM
there seems to be a lot of "strippers" everywhere lately. Sorry i cant help. hopefully someone chimes in with some info, id like to go there sometime

LittleJigger96
04-05-2012, 09:30 PM
There's a place called the three pipes that I fish by like a dam kind of area. If you stand in the water you can see the pipes and drop your line down in front of the pipe and you are guaranteed a slam. I've pulled some 10 pounders out of there. If you use live shad that is what they mostly hit. Make sure you use atleast 6 pound test because the fish pull your line against the tube and Thomas it out. All fish hang out in those tubes including big crappie so be prepared to know what you got on. Hope this helped.

normak111
04-05-2012, 11:33 PM
The causeway is always good on floattube and if you can get live crawdads you are going to be in it killin' it.

christainmetalhead909
04-06-2012, 10:11 AM
thanks for the info guys! i have a crawdad trap and i guess ill have to try and catch some live crawdads next time i head out there. i know right where those 3 pipes are i was fishing there last week caught a nice catfish i wasnt fishing in the pipe though. ill try it out. thanks again!

little jigger, how do you get live shad??? do you catch them if so how?

christainmetalhead909
04-09-2012, 12:11 PM
anyone know where all the carp are in canyon lakes also??? im guessing they are everywhere but figured i would ask

DarkShadow
04-09-2012, 01:29 PM
there seems to be a lot of "strippers" everywhere lately.

Those are one heck of an invasive species, aren't they?