PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood help?

BasserA2000
04-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Thinking about hitting up Silverwood this weeked havent fished here in a few years ill be fishing for stripper and largemouth. Any tips and help for this lake?

evosamurai
04-05-2012, 10:38 AM
how much are strippers going for up there??

seal
04-05-2012, 10:46 AM
how much are strippers going for up there??

High desert strippers come cheap but there's a good reason for it!

seal
04-05-2012, 10:47 AM
There are a large number of threads on Silverwood do a search you should get a lot of info..

evosamurai
04-05-2012, 12:00 PM
lol yeah its about time to start hittin the wood again, my girlfriend loves taking the kayak out, waiting for the water to warm up so i can tube, cause i dont have waders

mxwrench
04-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Silverwood help?? Yeah, go to Perris! Lol

Seriously though, Water is still a bit cold @ 49deg for the prespawn LMB bass bite to really kick off. (At least it was for us this past monday). Silverwood is typically 4-6 weeks behind perris temp wise.

There are fish to be had, dont get me wrong but in deeper water and later in the afternoon once the sun has beaten down on the lake all day. I think we are at least a few weeks away from a wide open prespawn/spawn bite (if the weather stays nice like it has and the wind subsides a bit). Plus it sucks to have to get off the water when the sun is nearly straight up in the sky. Hours change back to summer hours May 1st.

Perris on the other hand has been off the hook for the last month or so (if you can withstand the wind). We have had 30+ fish days and tons of fun!

Side note: I did graph some huge schools of stripers cruising points NE of the dam in about 35ft. of water. I just don't have any big striper gear.

Either way, I hope you do well. Good luck!

BasserA2000
04-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Ok good to know about thanks for the info.

karlow
04-07-2012, 10:24 PM
Went there on Sat.
It was cold and windy all day.
No one was there, maybe 5 boats, and 75 people on shore!
We hooked three trout. nice fish, only one went home with us.
The bass guys said it was slow, with a hand full small fish.
One guy said he nailed one striper near the out house.

The guy at the gate said it has been cold, rainy and snowy for weeks.
The water temp was 58 on Sat.

KP