PDA

View Full Version : Any Donkeys w/ this heat?

riverside_angler
04-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Just want to hear about the Donkeys being caught in this warm weather. Don't be bashful, we all know the lake is blowing up.

Matt_Magnone
04-04-2012, 08:34 PM
found a big one the other day. spent a few days watching them cruise, bump then get their stuff situated. these fish were taking FOREVER! had to bail for work and a buddy ended up finding the same fish and put a hook in her. straightened a superline EWG. male weight 3.8#'s female was a teener. he got a look at it when it bolted and showed her side. he's thinking mid teens. hard fish to see. conditions have to be perfect.

October
04-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Pardon my ignorance but whats a donkey? Im wondering if it was the same type of fish I saw strolling the banks. Thing looked over three feet long just cruising back and forth right at the shore where it drops down to about 4ft of water. Couldnt tell what it was but it was massive. Didnt think striper came in that close...

Matt_Magnone
04-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Pardon my ignorance but whats a donkey? Im wondering if it was the same type of fish I saw strolling the banks. Thing looked over three feet long just cruising back and forth right at the shore where it drops down to about 4ft of water. Couldnt tell what it was but it was massive. Didnt think striper came in that close...

you saw a carp. tons of those suckers around. saw some deep shadows that made me wonder then all of the sudden you get a glimpse of that grey looking body with a light color mouth.

big bass is what he's referring to.

HawgZWylde
04-04-2012, 10:41 PM
you saw a carp. tons of those suckers around. saw some deep shadows that made me wonder then all of the sudden you get a glimpse of that grey looking body with a light color mouth.

big bass is what he's referring to.

It would be a gas to bowfish for those suckers. Some of those carp are monsters. Don't they feed on LMB eggs?

riverside_angler
04-05-2012, 08:37 PM
@ MM....nice, plus the 9 you mentioned to me the other day in the shop! At least someone's on it. Anyone else??? I know some others have to have some sightings....Bueller........Bueller.

tacklejunkie
04-05-2012, 08:51 PM
@ MM....nice, plus the 9 you mentioned to me the other day in the shop! At least someone's on it. Anyone else??? I know some others have to have some sightings....Bueller........Bueller.

Still fish coming out of that lake? Never happen. Specially not at spawn.

hookup
04-05-2012, 08:58 PM
cousin ripped a hog 9.5 not too long ago on big bait east dam