PDA

View Full Version : 1st ever @ Ken Hahn

Jimmy310
04-04-2012, 08:57 AM
This was my second time at the park while in between jobs.
I was at the upper lake and saw some BIG carp about 3' long.:EyePop:
There was a guy across from me slaying the trout.:EyePop: I fished there for about :45 with no luck.:Sad:
Moved over to the lower lake and within :05 I caught my first Ken Hahn Large Mouth Bass.:LOL:
It is small but fun to CPR. Hopefully it grows big and has many offspring. :Twisted:
I used my Phenix Rod paired with my EXO reel.

wrestlefish
04-04-2012, 09:40 AM
This was my second time at the park while in between jobs.
I was at the upper lake and saw some BIG carp about 3' long.:EyePop:
There was a guy across from me slaying the trout.:EyePop: I fished there for about :45 with no luck.:Sad:
Moved over to the lower lake and within :05 I caught my first Ken Hahn Large Mouth Bass.:LOL:
It is small but fun to CPR. Hopefully it grows big and has many offspring. :Twisted:
I used my Phenix Rod paired with my EXO reel.

what area of the upper lake?

FishinElectrician
04-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Kenneth Hahn used to have some huge Bass... I caught my personal best 9 pounder out of there.

Ahhh, the good ol days...

calcutta and butts
04-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Kenneth Hahn used to have some huge Bass... I caught my personal best 9 pounder out of there.

Ahhh, the good ol days...

key words use to... i fish that lake on a regular and the population of bass has definitely decreased...my pb of 12.3 came out of there

FishinElectrician
04-06-2012, 04:33 PM
I saw one guy take home a fish that weighed 13 1/2 pounds on an old spring scale from there. Caught it on a nighttcrawler. Took it home and probably battered it in cornmeal and ate it... Truly a shame...

I remember when huge fish would make their nests in front of the handicap ramp, the little cove in front of the restrooms, and by where the little "stream" comes into the second smaller pond. I would even catch Bass in the little pond waaay up top, where the little waterfall comes down from... Plastic worms and spinnerbaits were my lures of choice at that park. And they worked!!!

FishinElectrician
04-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Another reason it sucks now, is of course, being drained and the bottom contour redone. And all that crap they put to make the water blue...