PDA

View Full Version : Float Tube fins help?

Stitch
04-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Hi fellas,

Just wanted to see what everyone's recommendation/opinion is for a nice set of float tube fins? Seems like there's a lot of feedback on "Force Fins" branded ones, any novice float tubers wanna shine in and drop some knowledge on a noob on the brand below?

I found these on eBay, they're new and a lot cheaper but it says meant for "snorkling". Seems and looks similar to how the Force Fins are design, any feedback guys?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ProMate-Force-Snorkeling-Diving-Swimming-Fins-Flippers-Adult-/370549761451?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item9503f3f6b5

By the way, I have some free credits I have on eBay, that's where I wanna buy it at.

Thanks Guys!

Mischief
04-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Hot Spots fins. find them at Turners,..

where you fishing at? fresh or salt?

normak111
04-05-2012, 10:08 PM
I have force fins and have used them for about 4 years! If you are going to get them and you are wearing boots on your waders size 11 you need to buy XXL or XXXL to fit over your boot. I started with a pair of XL to find out it would not fit a hard boot, but it will work on neoprene booties because they are much thinner than real wading boots. The XXXL are very lager fins but they are great fins for tubing. I got these years ago due to foot cramping and fatigue of fins that cover your toes. This does not happen because of design as they slide over foot and up to top of foot. Only downside is they don't float. They make a float tube style fin from force fin, but it has something to do with the stealing I think. I use a pull strap. My other pair is pull over stretch rope. They have many options.

Only other fin I would consider is hot spot but never tried them. These fins float!

Side note I got mine eBay, both pairs and paid under retail for sure, the Xxxl's are pricey brand new!

Tube'n4Trout
04-05-2012, 10:38 PM
I use Force Fins for float tubing as well. I started out with Caddis step-in fins and had muscle cramps like there was no tomorrow. For those that can use them successfully, I salute you. I then switched to dive fins similar to those linked above. They were a step up for me, but I wasn't getting the amount of movement I wanted. I finally bought a pair of used force fins on ebay about 7 years ago and I haven't looked back. I purchased a pair of fin tethers and that solved the problem of ever worrying about them sinking to the bottom of the lake/ocean. I have patella tendonitis in both of my knees and I've yet to experience any lasting pain from using the force fins.

Stitch
04-06-2012, 08:01 AM
Thanks for the recommendations fellas. I'm currently just using my old body boarding fins from when I was younger, they're a bit short in length and doesn't seem to give me the push I want when fishing in our local SoCal fresh water lakes. I think I'm swaying toward the Force Fins, besides the price I've heard nothing but good feedback on them but I think it will be a excellent investment. Appreciate all your help!