PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Cove: MLPA?

Lucky Lager
04-02-2012, 05:09 PM
hey guys,

i'll be down near malibu in a couple weeks & plan on hitting the surf wile i'm down there.

i was wondering if anyone had any info about paradise cove. how's the fishing, how's the parking, and is it part of the mlpa closure?

i checked an mlpa map & the closure seems to be i little further west, but i can't really tell.

thanks for the help guys

LL

midgettosser1
04-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Parking at the cove is fairly expensive, but if you go buy a beer at the bar you can probably get your parking at least partially validated.
If I believe correctly, south of the pier is open to fishing, but north of the pier all the way past broad beach is part of the closure.

DockRat
04-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Here is the detailed maps. DR

http://www.wonews.com/Blog.aspx?id=910&AuthorID=59046&t=MLPA%20MAP%20UPDATES:%20WON%27s%20exclusive%20ma ps%20%20detail%20SoCal%20borders

bones
04-02-2012, 08:27 PM
The MLPA boundry is just a little north of the pier. You can park on PCH and walk down the road but they want to charge you 5 dollars per person to use their road....Bass-Turds!
If there are more than a few folks in your car then do what Midgettosser1 told you and spend a few bucks in the restaurant and get the partial validation. I won't go there anymore just because there are pleanty of places to fish that are better fishing and you don't have to put up with the "We live in Malibu and we are gods" attitude. People at that place just piss me off. I've even had the parking lot attendant walk out on the sand and ask me how I GOT THERE IF I DIDN'T WALK DOWN THE ROAD. I simply replied.....I walked from the public access gate south of here or I walked from Pt. Dume which was the truth but they treat you like you are privilaged to even be able to stand on their beach. Oh.... Then there are the residents that influenced the MLPA outcome that live there. They just love to try to lecture you right on the sand about their PETA attitude even if you practice catch and release......I vowed to NEVER go back to paradise cove.....far from paradise if you ask me!

Lucky Lager
04-03-2012, 04:34 AM
Thanks for the info guys, I'll ask around & see if I can find a spot with a little less hastle, haha.
Just trying not to spend all day looking for a place to park, but if I have to deal with the snooty locals, so be it :Big Grin:
F 'em if they can't take a joke, right? haha
Thanks for that link DR

I've still got a couple weeks to research spots.
I'll let you guys know how the trip turns out.