PDA

View Full Version : My first Hali 8/18/07 Balboa Pier

ThemBastards
08-18-2007, 08:28 PM
So I went to Balboa pier today at around 10:30 to do some solo salt fishing, and try out my sabiki rig I got from BPS. On the way down to the pier I stopped at some ghetto liquor store to get some squid and I ran into some of my friends, which was pretty cool cause they came to fish with me, and they are cute, soooo yeah that works too.

I caught maybe 5 mac on the sabiki, and my other pole had one of the smaller macs on it lookin to get my first Halibut. I caught a fresh lil mac so I decided to change the one I had on the hali set up, so I start reeling in and I notice my line going out towards the end of the pier. I think cool I wonder what the hell it is, and then smack my line goes taught, and I see my uglystick go bendo. HELL YEAH! Right about the time I see the beautiful underside of the beast I start thinking damn, I have 8lb test on right now. By this time a little crowd had gathered and luckily one of them had a grappling hook, so after a couple tries we got the thing by the gills and start bringing it up.

Success
[url=http://imageshack.us:9aeb7]http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/6151/dsc04834hc1.jpg[/url:9aeb7]

24 in.

[url=http://imageshack.us:9aeb7]http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/9958/dsc04833uw1.jpg[/url:9aeb7]

My first hali was a legal hell yeah!

I didnt have my camera with me so I had to wait til I got home.

Troutman65
08-18-2007, 09:45 PM
Congrats on your first Halibut !!!

Tm65

shy_boxer
08-18-2007, 10:58 PM
Congrats on your first legal halibut! WTG dude! :thumb:

servant joe
08-18-2007, 11:18 PM
:)
COOOOL Bro! You did a great job outhere.
I am still waiting to catch my first one!
servantjoe
Thembastard, What school did you go in Corona? Cent, Cor, Sant, or Norco. They have great Football teams.

victor101
08-18-2007, 11:39 PM
First legal! Congrats :thumb: thanks for the report

ThemBastards
08-18-2007, 11:43 PM
:)
COOOOL Bro! You did a great job outhere.
I am still waiting to catch my first one!
servantjoe
Thembastard, What school did you go in Corona? Cent, Cor, Sant, or Norco. They have great Football teams.

Hey servant I actually just moved to Corona last year, I went to Esperanza. Back then they had a awesome team. I only played freshman year though, too busy partying.

Thanks guys, I remember I found this site searching the web for tips on halibuts, and I finally got one.

nandob25
08-19-2007, 12:08 AM
great job man! i remember my first hali... it was about five times smaller that yours! LOL!

congrats!

NoFriends
08-19-2007, 05:22 AM
Very nice....What ghetto liquor store? Are you talking about Happy's across from Balboa pier? I hope not hahaha....Well congrats on your 1st hali and bonus that it's legal.

ThemBastards
08-19-2007, 10:59 AM
Very nice....What ghetto liquor store? Are you talking about Happy's across from Balboa pier? I hope not hahaha....Well congrats on your 1st hali and bonus that it's legal.

No I think I went to that one to get the foam cooler, and ice to store the guy for the drive back to corona. The one I went to was on Newport Blvd. on the way down to the beach, I referrred to it as being ghetto cause I was getting bait at a liquor store-- and it was a lil ghettto.

Thanks

ninjaturtle420
09-07-2007, 01:27 AM
yup the first legal is a GOOOOD feeling.

good job mang

justin

christainmetalhead909
09-07-2007, 02:39 PM
NICEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sansou
09-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Congrats on your 1st halibut!!

spiceguy
09-07-2007, 02:49 PM

No I think I went to that one to get the foam cooler, and ice to store the guy for the drive back to corona. The one I went to was on Newport Blvd. on the way down to the beach, I referrred to it as being ghetto cause I was getting bait at a liquor store-- and it was a lil ghettto.

Thanks

Yeah, when you said ghetto, if figured you meant Sportsman's liquor. I was right. They at least have some tackle there. Happy hasn't got squat.
Happy is also my neigbor. :roll:

Wtg on your first legal butt!