PDA

View Full Version : Jenks lake stocking...

pkingcobra
04-01-2012, 08:39 AM
I heard they are not stocking jenks lake anymore it this true... Please let me know whats going on up there ... thanks...

seal
04-01-2012, 08:43 AM
Not sure where you heard that from but Jenks is on the approved list for fish stocking although no plant is scheduled for at least 2 weeks from what I can tell.

pkingcobra
04-01-2012, 09:06 AM
Not sure where you heard that from but Jenks is on the approved list for fish stocking although no plant is scheduled for at least 2 weeks from what I can tell.

Some sort of environmental study for approval
to stock needs to be completed...

seal
04-01-2012, 09:09 AM
Some sort of environmental study for approval
to stock needs to be completed...

On the DFG website they have a list of all approved waters for stocking, Jenks is on it. So either the official DFG website is incorrect or whoever told you they weren't approved incorrect.

http://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/PSEP/PublicWaters.aspx

Viejo
04-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Couple years ago, that was the case. Part of a lawsuit by Center for Biological Diversity against DFG. Those studies have long been completed and Jenks will once again get their first stocking in a couple of weeks.

sponger_2
04-03-2012, 03:41 PM
as of now they still wont be stocking it come 4/15, also why would they stock a closed lake. it doesnt "officially" open till may 15th. Yes i know you can still walk in.

kwin
04-05-2012, 05:43 PM
It should be stocked later this spring thru the summer and into early fall as always.

mbsocal89
04-24-2012, 05:58 PM
jenks lake is closed because they are filming greys anatomy finale

Troutin Man
08-05-2013, 11:06 PM
stocking has stopped due to stocking near July 4th weekend that did not go well. many fish died from the plant. dfw is still investigating apparently. they need to figure this out and get to stockin' already! fishing is a tough go this season and having a lake like Jenks not available puts a hurtin! common dfw! let's figure this out!