PDA

View Full Version : 3/31/12 tube report

FKNChristopH
03-31-2012, 09:43 PM
Long story:
Got a late start today since my alarm didnt go off. Woke up around 630, ate a quick breakfast and off I went. Was kinda groggy and slow getting in the water, finally launched around 730ish? Messed around with a couple beds with my huddleston, hooked one and lost it after a vigorous head shake. Made my way out of Woody's cove and started towards the west shore. My first (and only trout landed) trout was caught off the point on a deadsticked mouse tail from berkley covered with Bite-ON garlic. Made my way down towards west shore and later missed one bite that didnt hook on the deadsticked mouse tail. Got fixated on another bed fish while I beached myself to fish. I hooked it again yet shook off the big bait. Made my way back to woody's around noon/1ish, weather was pretty overcast most of the morning with a cool breeze freezing my fingers. Last bite came at the mouth of Woody's on a mouse tail, 3 jumps and a short fight, it popped off.. Saw it 2 times yet not close enough for my net, looked like a smaller grade steelie but I'll never know. Went back to the first bed, threw the hudd and 2nd cast he slams the tail, I land him and release away from the bed in hopes the female would show up.. she never did. Called it a little after that. I'll probably be out there for the tourney this week.

Short story:
1.5 bass
1 trout landed/2 lost

*shakaaaaa*

fishfnatic
04-03-2012, 08:05 AM
Sorry to hear about the farms. Those can be disappointing especially on a slow day. At least you managed something! Thanks for the report.