PDA

View Full Version : DVL 03-31-12 Overcast and cool but LMB still on the chew

FrazeIb1
03-31-2012, 06:43 PM
Went fishing at DVL this morning. A cold front came through and it brought in a lot of fog with it. The tempature was in the high 40's and lower 50's. The water temp was 60- 62 degrees. The wind was blowing pretty strong but slowed as the morning progressed. I fished in 0 -30 ft of water and caught several LMB. I threw top water early but was kinda suprised not to catch any on my go to top water lure. After about 45 min of no topwater love, I switched over to the Carolina rig. Its funny how you can catch bass on baits that you have the most confidence with. The LMB wanted the bait in motion. Usually I catch them dead sticking the bait but today as soon as I gave the bait a hop, BAM fish on........The big girls didn't want to play this morning but I did catch a few keepers. I'm really looking forward for the weather to give us a break. The Bass are getting shallow and then backing off a little with the inconsistent weather patterns. There is a tournament at DVL tomorrow and I'm pretty sure some DD's will be caught. The Swim baits are money during this time of year if you have the patience to throw them. Well, here's a pic for you to enjoy if you didn't get out this week. Oh, by the way, I love my Revo Premier, it casts like butter and the drag is unbelievable....

Until next time,

Tight Lines......

fishermanx14
03-31-2012, 06:47 PM
is your name Don by chance? i think i have met you before

TUNAVIC
03-31-2012, 06:54 PM
Bad weather good fishing,thats cool,thanks for report!

FrazeIb1
04-01-2012, 02:49 PM
is your name Don by chance? i think i have met you before

Nope my name is Steven.......You could have met me before though.....Next time just say hi.....