PDA

View Full Version : Elsinore Lake

OCfishermen
03-31-2012, 05:58 PM
Hey ive never fished or herd of anyone fishing Elsinore but is there any fish in there and what kind???

sodapop
03-31-2012, 06:40 PM
Elsinore has the same typical fish as any other lake.

I live by there so I shore fish a lot there. Not a expert by boat,
but if you want to catch fish go after carp, I know most people hate them
I catch and release them, they put up a good fight. Use dough bait with two trebile
hooks tied anyway and cast out and get ready for a fight

JAG107
04-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Last Christmas when we had that crazy weeklong storm, the septic tanks of neighboring Quail Valley and Canyon Lake's septic tanks overflowed and consequently stocked Lake Elsinore with over a hundred thousand brown trout.
Also, you can find a good catfish bite, as well as a few panfish and more shad and carp than you can ever catch. There's a few LMB and wipers in there as well.

sodapop
04-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Yesterday the city of Elsinore stocked 700 pounds of adult largemouth bass and
6,667 juveniles from 10 to 12 inches and 4 to 6 inches, its in the Press Enterprise today

angelsfan951
04-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Elsinore has the same typical fish as any other lake.

I live by there so I shore fish a lot there. Not a expert by boat,
but if you want to catch fish go after carp, I know most people hate them
I catch and release them, they put up a good fight. Use dough bait with two trebile
hooks tied anyway and cast out and get ready for a fight

do u have to pay to fish here? were do u enter the lake to shore fish?

Sublime-Steve
04-05-2012, 06:44 PM
my company's been collecting fish habitat for the DFG for quite some time now and they have been droping it in elsinore.. DFG has also been stocking ALOT of bass.. give it a few years and the bass fishing should b really good.

Skyler
04-06-2012, 09:38 PM
I'm planning on heading there on Sunday to bowfish some carp. I'll let you guys know what i see.

sodapop
04-06-2012, 11:20 PM
do u have to pay to fish here? were do u enter the lake to shore fish?
The bad news is 90 percent of Elsinore is on private property, explore them areas at your own risk, but shore fishing
is free, exit main street on 15 freeway, head west, turn right on graham you will see spots on the left

augnmike
04-07-2012, 08:48 AM
Skylar you have a PM