PDA

View Full Version : Skinner was tough 3.31

JAG107
03-31-2012, 04:32 PM
Went there expecting more easy trout limits on the troll and maybe a striper or 2, but was schooled. Heavy fog, cold, then wind by 11 made a nasty day of it. Nothing was working. Tried Urigs, flukes, the usual array of hardbaits, trolled all over the dang place and only left with 3 more toad bluegills to show for it, all on the lucky craft shad. Even got desperate and baited down at the dam for nothing. Talked to a few other guys who said the only good bite today was for LMB between 10-12, the rest of the time it was dead. Saw one guy get a small trout on PB, another guy on shore with 1. Was more crowded today than I'm used to seeing, also. At least I beat the skunk though, just frustrating when you see schools of fish that won't bite. They were all mostly out in 30-40' of water hugging the bottom 5'. First thing though there were boils aplenty all over the east end and ramp 1 area, but no takers on topwater presentations.

bassgrabber1
03-31-2012, 05:04 PM
Yeah a buddy of mine went out all day and said he killed it on LMB....... you'll get them next time.

P.A.W.
03-31-2012, 07:16 PM
I can't make it this weekend, but don't feel too bad now. Last weekend I was seeing boils too but they were all carp! Kinda cool to watch 'em breach. Man you'll be teaching us all to troll for 'Gills soon. :)

kaiyasdad
03-31-2012, 09:20 PM
I can't make it this weekend, but don't feel too bad now. Last weekend I was seeing boils too but they were all carp! Kinda cool to watch 'em breach. Man you'll be teaching us all to troll for 'Gills soon. :)

striper boils?