PDA

View Full Version : Please help with Bear Bear

Cartman
03-30-2012, 09:12 PM
No, I don't have a big bear in my back yard I need help with. Not today anyway.

I have never been to Big Bear Lake, and my wife and I are spending Monday - Wednesday nights there in a cabin. I won't get much chance for fishing, but after reading Cameron's most excellent post :UDaMan:, I am encouraged that I might actually be able to bring home some trouts for dinner.

Problem is, having never fished there, I have no idea where or how to catch them trouts. I would really appreciate any advice, please.

Thanks.

fishfnatic
03-30-2012, 09:33 PM
Talk to the guy at Big Bear Sporting Goods (i think thats the name of the tackle shop by the lake) he will tell you everything you need/want to know. He's a friendly guy that will want to get you on the fish.

Sublime-Steve
03-31-2012, 07:29 AM
ill make this short n sweet. the dam, 3 to 5 ft leaders light line.. rainbow PB or crawlers on a slip bobber experiment with depth, Boulder bay 3 foot leader rainbow PB try n find the weed line. juniper point same deal as boulder bay

good luck

Cameron
03-31-2012, 07:40 AM
I'll make it shorter..... Check my posts proofs in the pics lmao, hope to see ya up here. & as for BB sporting goods great guys but they dont get on the lake enough & I find the advice to be mediocre and unreliable. No offense to them love em there & they are very helpful & knowledgeable of what works & what has been working. Check their facebook page its cool Love Big Bear Sporting Goods I dont shop anywhere else unless its for worms Kmart baby lol.

etaggart
03-31-2012, 07:54 AM
Double your rods for double the fun. If bobbers, put each rod at separate depth. If floating up with a sliding egg sinker, keep one rod out for longer and draw the second rod in a few inches every minute. Search for "Big Bear" posts and read-up on Cameron and Sublime Steve

Cheers!!

Karyn
03-31-2012, 07:59 AM
Looking forward to a great report. I might see you up there on Monday or Tuesday.

Cartman
03-31-2012, 09:04 AM
ill make this short n sweet. the dam, 3 to 5 ft leaders light line.. rainbow PB or crawlers on a slip bobber experiment with depth, Boulder bay 3 foot leader rainbow PB try n find the weed line. juniper point same deal as boulder bay

good luck

Thanks, Steve. Will try it all out. I read somewhere that the water is 75' deep at the dam. Could that be true? Estimates on depth for the slip bobber?

Cartman
03-31-2012, 09:15 AM
Double your rods for double the fun. If bobbers, put each rod at separate depth. If floating up with a sliding egg sinker, keep one rod out for longer and draw the second rod in a few inches every minute. Search for "Big Bear" posts and read-up on Cameron and Sublime Steve

Cheers!!

Thanks. I am printing these out to take with me. Senior brain like a steel sieve. One thing I don't have a grasp of is depth. Through experience I am familiar with our local lakes, but I have never read that Big Bear is a lot deeper.

fishermanx14
03-31-2012, 06:16 PM
go by the damn...use a slip bobber on whatever depth they are biting on...my uncle is the lake manager and writes a fising report every month
http://www.bbmwd.com/Big_Mikes_Reel_Fishin.html