PDA

View Full Version : 3/30 Float Tubing the Vine!

fishfnatic
03-30-2012, 09:11 PM
Story: So I didn't have to work today. Took the day off for my 30th bday! My bro took the day off from work as well. Since we aren't able to make the tournament tomorrow because of a BBQ party at Silverwood we decided to hit up the Vine on our tubes. Making a lazy day of it today I didn't get to the lake until 6:30. My bro was there and in by 6:15. He was waiting as long as he could for me before he launched his tube. By the time I had got on the water he had already landed 2. Launched out from the Flats. Just got a new fish finder and made great use of it today. Kicked around the flats for a bit metered nothing and caught nothing. Headed around trout island toward the west shore metered more nothingness. Kicked to the middle of the lake between trout island and the west shore and it was on! Got the first bite at 8:00am ended up catching my limit and farming 5 before 9:45. Kicker was 3.14lbs. My bro landed 1 fish in this time. I kicked in to grab some victory beers while my bro landed his 4th. Kicked around for a whlie trying to get my bro on his last fish. He ended up landed it at 12:30. The water temp started at 59 was 61 when we left. Craziest thing happened to me while reeling in my 3rd trout. Something was up with the fish it was "fighting" unlike any trout I've hooked before. So I look down and about 13' below my fins I see the trout and a MONSTER LMB chasing it. Somehow I managed to keep the trout on the line and landed even after the bass had clamped down on it. You could see a fresh wound on it.

Totals: Limits for the both of us. Many fish farmed.

Technique: Slow drifting drop shot power worms chartreuse (2) in the very early am, pink shad (6) until about 9:30, orange peel (2) after 9:30am

Location: Mid lake between trout island and west shore, santiago flats most fish were metered between 25' and 32'.

No pictures this time sorry :/

Edit: Totally forgot everything was dipped in BITE ON Roe!

Prowler_Tuber
03-30-2012, 10:04 PM
That's the spot