PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else fished here before?

fishermanx14
03-29-2012, 03:44 PM
The link on where this lake is will be at the bottom of this post. I went here with my uncle about 6 months ago looking for some kitties... we were using frozen anchovies and within 10 minutes we had a decent sized fish. About a half hour after that were came to find camo dudes explode out of the bushes and pin us on the floor. Let me remind you that i was 13 at the time and my uncles friends kid was 12 at the time so we were very tramatized to be pinned on the floor with guns to our heads, it was u.s. forestry and had about 10 guys 2 dogs and a helicopter...once they found out we were fishing they made us pack out stuff up and gave us a ticket...but anyways i was wondering if anyone else has fished here hopefully with an adventure pass. This lake is supposed to be fed by an undergroung spring and has no real bottom because how close it is to the san andres fault. This a a pretty small lake, if you zoom out of the link i provided you can see it is fairly close to silverwood.

LOOK AT THE MAP ON BOTTOM OF SCREEN
http://california.hometownlocator.com/maps/feature-map,ftc,1,fid,272243,n,lost%20lake.cfm

white belt
03-29-2012, 04:02 PM
Sounds like you stumbled on someones mary jane farm. You remember how to get there? Lol imma need you to lead me back to that spot....

Viejo
03-29-2012, 04:08 PM
You are a lucky young man. You want to finish the "rest of the story"? Who were the guys in camos with guns and why did they throw you down?

Be thankful the only thing that got hurt was your pride. Lost Lake is for losers and tweakers. It has become a hangout for gay men that have spilled over from the old park and rest area on the old Route 66 just down the road. It is not bottomless and in fact, is only 15 feet deep at the deepest. (Measured during a body recovery). It is a place that we always had law enforcement respond with us on medical calls because of the weirdness. There are some small Bluegills and might be some other smaller fish but the bucket people regularly clean out anything and everything they can catch. The rumors persist about the giant fish and the bottomless depth but It's a good place to avoid.

Simplyeman
03-29-2012, 04:19 PM
^^^werd, wheres the rest of that story. m night shyamalan movies have better endings.

fishermanx14
03-29-2012, 04:51 PM
You are a lucky young man. You want to finish the "rest of the story"? Who were the guys in camos with guns and why did they throw you down?

Be thankful the only thing that got hurt was your pride. Lost Lake is for losers and tweakers. It has become a hangout for gay men that have spilled over from the old park and rest area on the old Route 66 just down the road. It is not bottomless and in fact, is only 15 feet deep at the deepest. (Measured during a body recovery). It is a place that we always had law enforcement respond with us on medical calls because of the weirdness. There are some small Bluegills and might be some other smaller fish but the bucket people regularly clean out anything and everything they can catch. The rumors persist about the giant fish and the bottomless depth but It's a good place to avoid.

ya sorry ill edit the post, i had my ipod id and couldnt hear them so they ray lewis status tackled me and immediatley put me in cuffs and had me at gun point,at thirteen yeras old,...once they found out that we were just fishing not doing anything else everything was fine. I dont think im gonna go back there for a while
and p.s. the guys were u.s. forestry and had 2 dogs a helicoptor and aout 10guys on the ground armed with assault rifles

fishermanx14
03-29-2012, 04:53 PM
Sounds like you stumbled on someones mary jane farm. You remember how to get there? Lol imma need you to lead me back to that spot....

look on google maps...but make shure you get an adventure pass! there are directions at the top of this page http://california.hometownlocator.com/maps/feature-map,ftc,1,fid,272243,n,lost%20lake.cfm

fishermanx14
03-29-2012, 04:54 PM
^^^werd, wheres the rest of that story. m night shyamalan movies have better endings.

hahaha i fixed it or look at the reply to "viejo"

Simplyeman
03-29-2012, 05:04 PM
a little excessive if you ask me, kind of makes me curious. I may have to pay a visit.

EDIT: interesting site, very si-fi-ish.

http://www.insidetheie.com/route-66-lost-lake

fishermanx14
03-29-2012, 05:16 PM
a little excessive if you ask me, kind of makes me curious. I may have to pay a visit.

EDIT: interesting site, very si-fi-ish.

http://www.insidetheie.com/route-66-lost-lake

just to warn you though...the place is covered in vegetation and is very hard to cast so you should bring a pair of hedge clippers. despite what everyone else says i think it is very very deep

fishermanx14
03-29-2012, 05:35 PM
http://www.vote29.com/newmyblog/archives/26003

The Fishing Queen
03-29-2012, 05:48 PM
'Fishermanx14', what a story! You're lucky to be alive. 'white belt' you behave yourself! :LOL: 'viejo' interesting info. I'm going to be on the list for a visit too.

white belt
03-29-2012, 06:41 PM
I just wanted to look... I wasnt going to take anything :LOL:

Viejo
03-29-2012, 07:35 PM
That's quite a story. Checked with my sources in SBCSD and San Bernardino National Forest Law Enforcement. They have not had any major enforcement sweeps in that canyon..marijuana or otherwise in the past eight months. There was one bust but way up canyon at a specific ranch. They normally don't tackle kids at gunpoint and then give them a ticket for no adventure pass while they are fishing. None is required at that site because it is unimproved without the amenities that you find at a campground or picnic area. What was the ticket for?

For those who express interest in going here...feel free. It is not an area I will go to again. The risks far out weigh the possibility/reward of catching some stunted bluegill. The folks that frequent that area are pretty hard and help is a long, long ways off. Plus like he said...it is overgrown with reeds.

carpanglerdude
03-29-2012, 08:58 PM
Sorry if I missed it, but why were you ticketed? Was it for not having an Adventure Pass?

Viejo, maybe they were doing training or something similar? That's the only other explanation I think of for the Heli + large number of LEOs

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4001/4519224719_81ddc14a8c.jpg

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-79z7FMvZoh3F0fVfkajAzkUpUug-xuGTreGtsF1qMoxgk_eLyqA6GGX7Og

The Fishing Queen
03-29-2012, 09:54 PM
That's quite a story. Checked with my sources in SBCSD and San Bernardino National Forest Law Enforcement. They have not had any major enforcement sweeps in that canyon..marijuana or otherwise in the past eight months. There was one bust but way up canyon at a specific ranch. They normally don't tackle kids at gunpoint and then give them a ticket for no adventure pass while they are fishing. None is required at that site because it is unimproved without the amenities that you find at a campground or picnic area. What was the ticket for?

For those who express interest in going here...feel free. It is not an area I will go to again. The risks far out weigh the possibility/reward of catching some stunted bluegill. The folks that frequent that area are pretty hard and help is a long, long ways off. Plus like he said...it is overgrown with reeds.

Wow, sounds rough! I've been in Area '51' (Nevada ) with the guards warning us to leave and security cameras all over along the fence and goverment signs hung all over the fence and the gate. We had a nice picnic outside of the fence, of course the guards watched us carefully. They couldn't do anything to us because we just picnicked outside of their base...... Another time we were somewhere in Idyllwild driving on a dirt road and made a wrong turn, after driving for an hour we came to a half opened gate, I turned around and saw a couple of signs that said 'Indian Reservation', and 'no trespassing' on the gate. We didn't know where we were until we were outside of the gate. I felt a chill up my back. Just glad we made our way though that land safely ...... I though this 'lost lake' might be an exciting place for exploration and adventure. I guess it would be more dangerous than what I thought. As other people have said 'you don't want to mess around with anything involving drugs'.

fishermanx14
03-29-2012, 11:45 PM
Wow, sounds rough! I've been in Area '51' (Nevada ) with the guards warning us to leave and security cameras all over along the fence and goverment signs hung all over the fence and the gate. We had a nice picnic outside of the fence, of course the guards watched us carefully. They couldn't do anything to us because we just picnicked outside of their base...... Another time we were somewhere in Idyllwild driving on a dirt road and made a wrong turn, after driving for an hour we came to a half opened gate, I turned around and saw a couple of signs that said 'Indian Reservation', and 'no trespassing' on the gate. We didn't know where we were until we were outside of the gate. I felt a chill up my back. Just glad we made our way though that land safely ...... I though this 'lost lake' might be an exciting place for exploration and adventure. I guess it would be more dangerous than what I thought. As other people have said 'you don't want to mess around with anything involving drugs'.

i dont think anyone really hits up that lake 2 party anymore

fishermanx14
03-29-2012, 11:45 PM
Sorry if I missed it, but why were you ticketed? Was it for not having an Adventure Pass?

Viejo, maybe they were doing training or something similar? That's the only other explanation I think of for the Heli + large number of LEOs

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4001/4519224719_81ddc14a8c.jpg

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-79z7FMvZoh3F0fVfkajAzkUpUug-xuGTreGtsF1qMoxgk_eLyqA6GGX7Og

ya it was for no adventure pass.....you fished here did you take these pics?

Viejo
03-29-2012, 11:47 PM
You know....the more I read the poster's revised statement about what happened....the more it reads like the episode of Wild Justice that just aired last week where a group of DFG officers did a grove bust...with two dogs and a copter. LEOS don't screw guns into anyone's head on the ground....too close to the perp's hands. Someone might be covering from a few feet away but far enough to make it difficult to get to his weapon. Jumping out of the bushes and doing a take down....what was the probable cause? Forest service would have no reason to ticket this young man of 13 yrs and then have him leave. No adventure pass is required because there are no improvements like bathrooms, water, etc. They would not have issued the boy the ticket but the adult who was driving (but no ticket was necessary because no pass is required there) It's not illegal to fish the place....it's just not safe. Seccombe Park in San Bernardino is a safer place for a 13 year old and it's very sketchy.

Something fishy with with report/fish tale.....

fishermanx14
03-29-2012, 11:48 PM

im not really sure what it was for because my uncle got it, i think i was for trespassing i am probably not wrong though...and if it made a difference my uncle was smoking medical marijuana and did have his card on him if that had any affect on the situation, and forgot to mention that it was night time and we had a bb gun laying on the ground (unloaded) about 20 ft from us and they told us we were not alllowed to touch it untill they had left for five minutes

Viejo
03-29-2012, 11:55 PM
You tell a good yarn.

fishermanx14
03-29-2012, 11:57 PM
what is that supposed 2 mean ?

LuckyBasser
03-29-2012, 11:58 PM
You know....the more I read the poster's revised statement about what happened....the more it reads like the episode of Wild Justice that just aired last week where a group of DFG officers did a grove bust...with two dogs and a copter. LEOS don't screw guns into anyone's head on the ground....too close to the perp's hands. Someone might be covering from a few feet away but far enough to make it difficult to get to his weapon. Jumping out of the bushes and doing a take down....what was the probable cause? Forest service would have no reason to ticket this young man of 13 yrs and then have him leave. No adventure pass is required because there are no improvements like bathrooms, water, etc. They would not have issued the boy the ticket but the adult who was driving (but no ticket was necessary because no pass is required there) It's not illegal to fish the place....it's just not safe. Seccombe Park in San Bernardino is a safer place for a 13 year old and it's very sketchy.

Something fishy with with report/fish tale.....
It does seem like quite a bit of effort on the forest services part for just 2 kids and an older gentleman smoking pot...that's a lot of expense on the tax payers dollar to pay for something so remedial. It doesn't sound plausible, but anything is possible, I definitely believe that...with that said...fishy to say the least.

fishermanx14
03-30-2012, 12:03 AM
the whole whole purpose of this thread was to see if anyone else had fished here , not to be criticized on what happened with the u.s. forestry

LuckyBasser
03-30-2012, 01:04 AM
the whole whole purpose of this thread was to see if anyone else had fished here , not to be criticized on what happened with the u.s. forestry

If you didn't want anyone to comment on what happened to you, why didn't you just ask if anyone had fished at "lost lake"?

fishermanx14
03-30-2012, 01:27 AM
If you didn't want anyone to comment on what happened to you, why didn't you just ask if anyone had fished at "lost lake"?

ya i didnt think that out very well did i...

carpanglerdude
03-30-2012, 06:44 AM
No, I have not yet fished Lost Lake. Those images are from a famous angler by the last name of Google.

Your story is pretty wild, glad you are ok.

DarkShadow
03-30-2012, 11:00 AM
Jeez, all I ever get for not displaying an Adventure Pass is a ticket on my windshield.

And I thought THAT was harsh.

Skyler
03-31-2012, 09:32 PM
If you were there after dark, you were probably mistaken for a group of deviants and got caught up in a sting. I hunt that area during quail season, and I've bumped into some interesting characters in the bushes. One pair actually invited me to join in the shenanigans! Stay away from that place. The fishing sucks, and the danger level is high.

pekso
04-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Its been a while since ive fished lost lake, Ive heard plenty of crazy stories which creeps me out once it gets dark there. Early Morning with polarize sunglasses we've seen his piggy of a WHITE largemouth bass. Almost Albino ish. I really do mean white. wouldnt bite one thing. and theres blue gills there and good size bass that ive seen pics from friends. That same day we also seen a huge kitty looks in the double digits for sure. I havent been since, place creeps me out. a lot of weirdos live out there.