PDA

View Full Version : 3/28 Long Beach halibut.

fishaholik
03-29-2012, 02:45 AM
hi everyone, went out fishing at the jetty today but forgot my box of swimbait at home, so a friend hook me up with some live smelt, sat under the sun for about 2 hours and hook this 34" sucker at around 4:30pm, there were halibut biting left and right. hope you enjoy!

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd69/aznboichandoi/iu.jpg

SP Dan
03-29-2012, 05:14 AM
Hi ya fishaholik,

Sweet fish! They're moving in, they're here and they're hungry!
It appears that the Hali bite has begun up and down the coast! It's on!! :Dancing Banana:
WTG!! A very healthy looking Hali!:Thumbs Up:

Thanx for the fish report with pic! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

DockRat
03-29-2012, 05:28 AM
Fishing with Smelt =
Hero or Zero.

Did he make the smelt on the jetty or more inland :Secret:
That thing is huge. Congrats.
DR

Kidfish
03-29-2012, 07:54 AM
Very nice went on a bike ride down there saw u there nice dude

murrieta angler
03-29-2012, 08:43 AM
Sweet flatty Dude!!!
Robert
<><

Wingnut
03-29-2012, 10:01 AM
Very nice Halibut, congrats! Must have been tough trying to get that thing up on the rocks. :Wink:

madbass
03-29-2012, 10:44 AM
congratulations! nice looking butt....waiting to land my first legal myself...
thanks for the report and pictures!

alex.

fishaholik
03-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Hi ya fishaholik,

Sweet fish! They're moving in, they're here and they're hungry!
It appears that the Hali bite has begun up and down the coast! It's on!! :Dancing Banana:
WTG!! A very healthy looking Hali!:Thumbs Up:

Thanx for the fish report with pic! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

SP Dan, you're right, that day we caught at least 10 halibuts, they were hungry and eat everything in their way. we caught 1 at 23" and this monster one at 34"

fishaholik
03-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Very nice Halibut, congrats! Must have been tough trying to get that thing up on the rocks. :Wink:

Anh Arthur, it was hell taking this fish up, especially it was hooked on my trout gear with 6lbs test line, pulling him in was very easy until he saw us and we saw him then hell started. luckily with the help of my friends and we had a big enough net to bring the bad boy up. It was a one of the most breath taking moment since i started fishing, thanks god for this one. if i offended anyone by saying this i'm sorry, but this boy fed 10 grown men to the fullest. taste so good with the Heineken!!!

Good luck to all my fellow fishermen out there, keep hunting halibut, they're here!

Wingnut
03-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Anh Arthur, it was hell taking this fish up, especially it was hooked on my trout gear with 6lbs test line, pulling him in was very easy until he saw us and we saw him then hell started. luckily with the help of my friends and we had a big enough net to bring the bad boy up. It was a one of the most breath taking moment since i started fishing, thanks god for this one. if i offended anyone by saying this i'm sorry, but this boy fed 10 grown men to the fullest. taste so good with the Heineken!!!

Good luck to all my fellow fishermen out there, keep hunting halibut, they're here!

A 34" Halibut weighs between 15-20 lbs. Great job getting that thing up to the net on light gear. :Thumbs Up:
Nobody should give you any grief for keeping a legal catch. :Wink: The only flack you might get is eating fish from that area. :LOL:

bones
03-30-2012, 07:19 PM
Looks like the LBC is starting to light up a bit. It's always good for the locals when they move into the inlet. One time Wingnut and I fished that area. Everyone in the area was skunked but Arthur walked right out on the rocks and dropshotted a nice legal up right in front of their faces.....LOL
They almost died when he let it go...LOL

Good job on the LBC legal fishaholik....keep it up!

flyngby
03-30-2012, 09:19 PM
Hell of a Flattie no matter the location or bait of choice!

Well done!!!!!!!!!!

Steve http://planetsmilies.net/person-smiley-1122.gif

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/HotKarl.jpg