PDA

View Full Version : The Wood 3/28/12 45 Minutes of fishin...

adiablo420
03-28-2012, 11:19 PM
Fished the Wood today after work and was able to make it for just a small 45 min session before sundown.. Started my casting with a small 1/2 oz trout swimbait with about 10 casts on my Okuma 7'11" > Was throwing that bad boy out there.. No love. As I knew there was only so much time left, I began to throw some plastics for some bass.. 3rd cast, WHAM!!. Got bit pretty good with this nice bass. I walked away from my bag and didn't want to walk back to get my scale. Didn't weight her.. But good size.. That was all. Made it worth the small trip
down there.. I'll be back soon. Wanted to get that PM fishin in at the wood. Been forever..

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m184/adiablo420/fishy.jpg

OC ANGLER
03-28-2012, 11:25 PM
Nothin like a quickie ! nice catch

a321eric
03-29-2012, 01:40 AM
Nice job Angel. The fishing has been decent. Can't wait til we get some warm weather for the fish to start moving up!

Airona124
03-29-2012, 06:13 AM
nice job!!! those walks are worth it!!! lol
ive always liked dinner over breakfast maybe these bass do to jk the early am bite is good lately its been all noon till sunset for me!!

digging all these woods report keep them up

fishfnatic
03-29-2012, 07:56 AM
Nice! I am so glad these Silverwood reports are getting posted. I am heading out there for my first time bass fishing ever this Saturday. I can't wait!

seal
03-29-2012, 08:00 AM
Stay away there are no bass at the Wood! I suspect this bass was caught at DVL, no reason to come up here.

Adiablo420 my best fishing recently has been just at or before dark on swimbaits, my favorite time to play!!!!

fishfnatic
03-29-2012, 08:09 AM
Stay away there are no bass at the Wood! I suspect this bass was caught at DVL, no reason to come up here.

Adiablo420 my best fishing recently has been just at or before dark on swimbaits, my favorite time to play!!!!

Would you change your story if I invited you to my birthday bbq with all the food and drinks you could handle on Saturday?

seal
03-29-2012, 08:25 AM
Would you change your story if I invited you to my birthday bbq with all the food and drinks you could handle on Saturday?

That's very kind and thank you! I am house sitting but will be out there in the afternoon pretty sure, I think the wind will be up so I'll be on the shoreline, if you see a guy with a camo backpack on say howdy, names Dale (see avatar pic).

If it is overcast and windy, last weekend in the rain and wind I did great on bigger LMB's on swimbaits.

Good luck I hope you have a great day at the Wood!

Airona124
03-29-2012, 10:48 AM

Lol seals right no bass no stripers nothing :)

adiablo420
03-30-2012, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the comments.. Be back out there this weekend for sure.. Might take my friends boat, but if not shoreline for sure.. I ll be carryIng a black/ gray back pack.. I'll definitely have my swimbaits rod and drop shot rod... Hit me up..

seal
03-30-2012, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the comments.. Be back out there this weekend for sure.. Might take my friends boat, but if not shoreline for sure.. I ll be carryIng a black/ gray back pack.. I'll definitely have my swimbaits rod and drop shot rod... Hit me up..

Boat might be a bad idea this weekend, HIGH winds predicted starting mid day tomorrow but I think they may relax Sunday morning, but that doesn't mean they won't bite I did well in the winds last weekend.

By the way last night, 2 nice LMB's on the BBZ and another one broke me off, BBZ was found this morning by a kayak guy but he wouldn't give it up to my friend that called me! Yellow kayak guy I hope you enjoy my gift!!!

Oh also picked up a couple more nice size stripers last night. Have fun!!!

adiablo420
03-30-2012, 11:02 AM
Boat might be a bad idea this weekend, HIGH winds predicted starting mid day tomorrow but I think they may relax Sunday morning, but that doesn't mean they won't bite I did well in the winds last weekend.

By the way last night, 2 nice LMB's on the BBZ and another one broke me off, BBZ was found this morning by a kayak guy but he wouldn't give it up to my friend that called me! Yellow kayak guy I hope you enjoy my gift!!!

Oh also picked up a couple more nice size stripers last night. Have fun!!!

Thanks for the heads up.. Now that the sun is setting a lot later, i'll be out there more..

Airona124
03-30-2012, 04:09 PM
seal what are you throwing most of the time for your stripers

i hate when i lose a swimbait like that guy probally wont use it like you though

seal
03-30-2012, 06:50 PM
seal what are you throwing most of the time for your stripers

i hate when i lose a swimbait like that guy probally wont use it like you though

PM sent to ya.