PDA

View Full Version : San Dimas Reservoir

evosamurai
03-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Hey guys was wondering if the reservoir still has any fish in it. My grandpa used to take me there about 13 years ago or so, and we'd catch trout, bass, bluegill. I know they drained it many times, was wondering if anyone fished it recently?? thanks

carpanglerdude
03-28-2012, 07:04 PM
I'd like to hear about this too, good topic.

old pudd fisher
03-28-2012, 07:28 PM
Yes me too, I would fish it in the 60s but never had any luck there. It was a cool place to fish because know one ever went there. I wonder if it still has water in it. Like the OP said I know it has been drained from time to time.

evosamurai
03-28-2012, 07:54 PM
i remember there was a little ramp that led down to the dam, thats where they;d stock it....i miss that place....ahhh the memories.

mjc89
03-28-2012, 11:32 PM
I was just wonder the same thing. I was looking threw this trout and catfish stocking booklet that dfg gave me and i saw it said san dimas reservoir. It says they stock trout winter and spring.

carpanglerdude
03-31-2012, 11:41 PM
Hey guys,

I've sent a few private messages out about this, but I'll post it here as well: what's the best way to access the shoreline at San Dimas Reservoir? I recently drove there and could only spot two way: either go down the cliff from the main road, or hike in from north side by fires station at the end of the road. Any tips?

flokman
04-01-2012, 09:09 AM
i went up there in January of 2012 didn't see any fish but it looks like its is capable of it .mount baldy ranger station would know about the stocking.

fishermanx14
04-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Hey guys was wondering if the reservoir still has any fish in it. My grandpa used to take me there about 13 years ago or so, and we'd catch trout, bass, bluegill. I know they drained it many times, was wondering if anyone fished it recently?? thanks

no there arent...they drained it to clean it or something and all the water in there is just run off rain water

smokehound
04-03-2012, 08:43 PM
no there arent...they drained it to clean it or something and all the water in there is just run off rain waterThere are redear sunfish in there. Whenever there's a good rain, the san dimas reservoir is directly connected to puddingstone.

I'm sure there are a few bass here and there. There have been VERY few times where that reservoir is completely drained.

Carp are ALWAYS there when it's full.