PDA

View Full Version : Let The Countdown Begin!!!

Team Brown Eye
03-28-2012, 10:02 AM
Some may think it's a little too early to start a countdown but I figured 'what the heck'. Team Brown Eye will be in full effect (lol...all 3 of us!) the Friday before opener at the Tiger Bar and then again on Rush Creek for opener. So, where will you be for Fishermans Christmas?

Matt44
03-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Rush should be full of bows! I'm gonna head up to bridgeport to twins and the res hoping I get Sunday off as well so I can put more time in. But ill be after mr brownie!

Joshua
03-29-2012, 07:59 AM
Never too early to start the countdown
I will start at Intake II, then hit Bishop Creek (South, middle) Then at 9AM, I am heading back to OC for my daughters softball game.
10 hour drive for 8 hours of fishing.

Team Brown Eye
03-29-2012, 09:04 AM
10 hour drive for 8 hours of fishing!!!! That's what Im talking about...a hardcore fisherman. Did this same situation happen to you last year? I remember seeing a similar post around opener last year or the year before.

Joshua
03-31-2012, 02:53 AM
10 hour drive for 8 hours of fishing!!!! That's what Im talking about...a hardcore fisherman. Did this same situation happen to you last year? I remember seeing a similar post around opener last year or the year before.
Yup that is me. The only thing I love more than fishing is my kids. I fill two coolers full of snow so we can have a snowball fight after the game. Looks like the snowpack is low this year. Maybe that will mean more fishing options in the hills.

flytyingreloader
04-03-2012, 11:14 PM
I count 23 shopping days 'til The Opener. I'll be passing through Bishop just before that weekend, enroute to northern NV for a varmint hunt. I'd like to be on Upper Twin May 1-3, we'll see if that works out. Right now--I wish the ^%$# wind would ease up so I could get onto Isabella for a boat and tackle warm-up & shake-down.

Sierra_Smitty
04-04-2012, 09:46 AM
South Lake for me, probably Sabrina in the afternoon. I'm anxious to get up to the lake and see how much ice is up there....if I'm really lucky there won't be much and I can put a few boats out there, a first for us on the opener.

IncredibleHuck
04-04-2012, 10:11 AM
South Lake for me, probably Sabrina in the afternoon. I'm anxious to get up to the lake and see how much ice is up there....if I'm really lucky there won't be much and I can put a few boats out there, a first for us on the opener.

That'd be awesome news if you can put boats out.

cjschock
04-04-2012, 08:00 PM
Bridgeport all week. Making the big push for a nice brown

Joshua
04-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Any news on the ice conditions on South Lake. I have never been ice fishing and was thinking about trying it this Opener. Would I need to bring an auger (which I dont have) or would there be open hole?

Joshua
04-25-2012, 08:48 PM
My group has dwindled down to 1. ME! Not the first time. Wife isnt happy, but she understands (well sorta). Still no date for her radiation treatment. Cant wait to wet a line in Lone Pine early Friday morning. Plan on hitting as much open water in Southern Inyo county on my drive up Friday. Plan to hit Intake II as soon as legally possible. I hope the Creeks in Bishop are snow free and full of trout. I will be making the dead run home at 8:30 AM to make the 3 PM softball game so I need to maximize my time on the water.
I will try not to hurt anyone on 395 on my return trip. Thank God for Red Bull and Monsters.

On a side note, I have the ultimate trick to stay awake (and it is non addictive, sorry tweekers) For those of us with old metal fillings, if you bite on a piece of aluminum foil, it sends a shock to the top of your head. Wrigleys gum wrapper is the trick. This is a last resort. Very effective.

All kidding aside. Lets be safe out there.

Matt44
04-26-2012, 01:44 AM
I know how ya feel im driving up after work friday night to fish all the way north in bridgeport and im turning back around to drive home for work sunday haha im a die hard!

Joshua
04-26-2012, 07:23 AM
I know how ya feel im driving up after work friday night to fish all the way north in bridgeport and im turning back around to drive home for work sunday haha im a die hard!
That will be a long haul for you. Bishop is far enough and it feeds the fishing jones.
I eat sunflower seeds, that helps pass the time and keeps me awake. Good luck and be safe. Give a repot when you get back.

IncredibleHuck
04-26-2012, 08:22 AM
My group has dwindled down to 1. ME! Not the first time. Wife isnt happy, but she understands (well sorta). Still no date for her radiation treatment. Cant wait to wet a line in Lone Pine early Friday morning. Plan on hitting as much open water in Southern Inyo county on my drive up Friday. Plan to hit Intake II as soon as legally possible. I hope the Creeks in Bishop are snow free and full of trout. I will be making the dead run home at 8:30 AM to make the 3 PM softball game so I need to maximize my time on the water.
I will try not to hurt anyone on 395 on my return trip. Thank God for Red Bull and Monsters.

On a side note, I have the ultimate trick to stay awake (and it is non addictive, sorry tweekers) For those of us with old metal fillings, if you bite on a piece of aluminum foil, it sends a shock to the top of your head. Wrigleys gum wrapper is the trick. This is a last resort. Very effective.

Wow not even your Nephew is going this trip? I'll try to look for you during the dark up there. We'll be fishing the same location as we did last year up there. Good luck and Drive Safe!

SierraPeaks
04-26-2012, 08:36 AM
Any news on the ice conditions on South Lake. I have never been ice fishing and was thinking about trying it this Opener. Would I need to bring an auger (which I dont have) or would there be open hole?

Ice fishing isn't going to happen this year buddy. Any lakes with ice still on them (which isn't many) have prohibited ice fishing due to extremely thin ice.

Team Brown Eye
04-26-2012, 11:13 AM
I will try not to hurt anyone on 395 on my return trip. Thank God for Red Bull and Monster
side note, I have the ultimate trick to stay awake (and it is non addictive, sorry tweekers) For those of us with old metal fillings, if you bite on a piece of aluminum foil, it sends a shock to the top of your head. Wrigleys gum wrapper is the trick. This is a last resort. Very effective.

I hope everything turns out ok with your wife. Be safe on the road.

Team Brown Eye will be leaving Santa Fe Springs at midnight with hopes of being on the owens at sunrise...of course after breakfast at Denny's.

IncredibleHuck
04-26-2012, 11:46 AM
I hope everything turns out ok with your wife. Be safe on the road.

Team Brown Eye will be leaving Santa Fe Springs at midnight with hopes of being on the owens at sunrise...of course after breakfast at Denny's.

Good luck. I'm leaving after work today at 5.

Joshua
04-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Good luck. I'm leaving after work today at 5.
Where are you going this year? Convict may have slightly lighter crowds with the campground being closed.

You know my routine. Intake II , then South Fork.
Good Luck

IncredibleHuck
04-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Where are you going this year? Convict may have slightly lighter crowds with the campground being closed.

You know my routine. Intake II , then South Fork.
Good Luck

Thanks to that routine we will also be hitting up Intake II first as well.... From there we will head north and fish our way back down to our campsite at Millpond for dinner. Not sure if we will go further north then June lake Loop, but that should be the furtherest north.