PDA

View Full Version : 3/24 Dana Point late report

manuel149
03-28-2012, 08:48 AM
I was celebrating my anniversary this week so the wify and I decide to go fishing.
We got out at about 1:30 pm with a receeding tide maybe 2 feet waves, a lot of salad and a lot of bird action.
She set up her Carolina rig with crack and I was tossing the LC with new spectra on my reel.
I am really enjoying this line, no tangles it comes of perfectly.
We walked fan casting for about a mile but not even a tap.
The waves were bringing in lots of rocks. We figured this was not a BSP friendly beach so went home
at 4:30 with stripes. Went home and ended the night @ sushi sumo.
Im one lucky SOB.

Next time we will go farther south

SP Dan
03-28-2012, 09:01 AM
Hey there manue149,

Casting the evening salt along with the perfect person to share it with....priceless! :Thumbs Up:

You are one lucky man! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

TUNAVIC
03-28-2012, 09:17 AM
Wow great idea,I have my 39yr anniversary,April 14th,now I know what to do!
I'll tell the wife hey guess where we are going for our anniversary Fishing!Ha! can't wait to try that one.
Actually she loves to cruise on the skiff with me,fishing not so much,so I might opt for an afternoon cruise and then a seafood dinner at one of the dinner spots in Los Alimitos harbor,leave the skiff at an end tie and fish with a buddy the next morning,everyones happy!
Congrats on your anniversary,and your fishing spouse,very nice!

Cya Tuna Vic

Which Way Out
03-28-2012, 09:34 AM
My wife forgot our anniversary again LOL, twice now, March 23rd.

I think its great. I get so much mileage from it. In her defense though, she works to hard. I took flowers to her office and we just laughed more than we have in awhile.

Card and flowers invested= she pays for dinner. Sushi for us also that night.

Congratulations skunk or not.
WWO

Wingnut
03-28-2012, 09:47 AM
Sounds like a great day to me Manny, fish or not. :Big Grin:

keepemlo
03-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Sounds like a great day to me Manny, fish or not. :Big Grin:

Yeah after all those years she surely understands congrats on the 39yrs!I pray we make it that far we are at 24

bones
03-30-2012, 07:24 PM
PRICELESS!! Only a man who has shared a skunk trip with the one he loves .....knows what you felt on this day. I've been there too Manny......Thanks for bringing back some fond memories!

P.S.

It sounds like you location was PERFECT for you two....Just not for fishing!

flyngby
03-30-2012, 09:45 PM
I'm not sure you 2 were really focused on the fishing! Nice to get some time alone!

Well done!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve http://planetsmilies.net/person-smiley-1122.gif

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/BaySmelt.jpg

smokehound
04-01-2012, 01:07 AM
Actually pebbles and stones are fantastic structure.

Since the stones are mostly smooth its a wonderful place to toss spoons and crankbaits!

Another plus about doheny is massive yellowfin croakers!

I say you give that spot a second chance when the waves aren't pounding like that.