PDA

View Full Version : Jenks

DrePSP
03-28-2012, 07:45 AM
Anyone know if Jenks is open and if so how it's looking? Or is there a number I can call to find out if it's open? Thinking of hitting it up this weekend with some buddies with our float tubes. If its closed debating on crestline, silver wood or bbl. any help/info is appreciated.

Carptain_Bao
03-28-2012, 08:07 AM
I heard it is an interesting little lake.Maybe you can try to call the park department of SB county.I think it is open year round but still,call them just in case

fishing_freak
03-28-2012, 08:11 AM
gates are closed till the end of april i think but you could still walk in but if you park outside you'll need a forest pass

RTG
03-28-2012, 11:11 AM
The signs say closed for winter, but it is not. You can park outside of the gate (don't block it) and walk in. Fishing was pretty decent a few weeks ago, but has slowed a little lately. Nice sized holdovers were being caught (up to about 12 inches). The lake is not a county lake, it is on US Forest Service land. It is run by a concession company for the forest service. This year a new concession co. is getting the contract.
For years the USFS and DFG have told the old concession co. to stop posting "Closed for the Winter" signs, but they ignored that. So, folks just walked in anyway with no problems from Rangers or Game Wardens. If you go on a weekday you should have it all to yourself. Weekend...you should have a little company.