PDA

View Full Version : Biwa Lake question NOT A REPORT

ShoreTrouter
03-28-2012, 02:26 AM
I will be visiting Japan next week and will be staying close to Lake Biwa. Im not planning on fishing it because the shoreline is vast and I wouldn’t even know where to start. Besides my uncle over there is a SW guy and im quite the novice when it comes to LMB. Just in case the opportunity should arise… Has anyone ever fished that place for bass? I wonder if its even worth my time to take some swimbaits to throw from shore.
-Andy

Which Way Out
03-28-2012, 09:00 AM
My wife is from Kyoto which is not far from Lake Biwa. She doesn't fish, but I will check with her tonight and see if she has heard of any guides at the lake.
She used to sail the lake a lot. Stopped doing it after 2 of her coworkers drown while fishing. I guess the winds can be rough there.

My best guess is to hire a local guide. Good luck either way, have fun and be safe.
WWO

ShoreTrouter
03-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Thanks WWO! Come to think of it, i will feel pretty silly shore fishing that body of water for largemouth lol. Pretty much need a guide i think but thatll cost me a pretty penny. Ill be visiting Kyoto for the first time too. Should be great!
-Andy

Which Way Out
03-28-2012, 09:48 PM
Hey Andy I just mention this to my wife. She said most of the fishing she knows of, was on the northern end of the lake. She also said Blue Gills have invaded the lake. Maybe thats why the Bass get so big....

Get a guide. Its not like you will fish it again real soon. You have a chance to, so don't short change yourself.

Of course she mention that the Cherry Blossoms should be blooming soon. The photos she has shown me are awesome this time of year. I have been there a few times but never in the spring.
Enjoy the trip
WWO

WHAMMY
04-06-2012, 12:47 AM
Go on bloodydecks and contact Capt G, He fishes that lake religiously and a majority of his reports are shore fishing with huge baits for HUGE bass.

ShoreTrouter
04-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Sorry guys no report afterall. My uncle wanted to take us sight seeing and played golf a couple of times. Had a great time! But EVERYWHERE we drove I seen super fishy waters just off the road that are fenced off. When I told my uncle I wanted to fish those spots he freaked out! Seems ninja fishing is highly looked down upon over there. ill just have to hit up my cousin next time lol. Thanks to WWO and Whammy for your tips!
-Andy