PDA

View Full Version : I have a dam question

fishfinder
03-27-2012, 10:14 PM
Since 911 they have not let us fish within 500' of the dam. Does any-one know who makes this rule? and is there a chance we could ever have it changed, because it really is a pointless rule. There is nothing to stop any terrorist from running his boat into the dam anytime they want. what is the reason for keeping us so far away from my favorite fishing spot? Also if they want they want to keep it that way. they should make a sign on the dam you can read from 500' away.:Big Grin:
I LOVE PYRAMID LAKE, but havent been going there much anymore because of the restrictions, closing to early, the sheriffs breaking the boating laws, (boating to fast next to other boaters and going over the speed limit in coves) nothing against sheriffs, i have one in the family. Haven't been there since 2010, but would like to see how things aree going there this year under new management. probably next month. Really just want to know about the Dam thing. :LOL: So I have no more dam questions. Except, where can i get some dam bait. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Armofisher818
03-27-2012, 11:05 PM
Well then I hope you find your dam answer

pyramidrose
03-29-2012, 03:14 AM
The rules for fishing around the Dam are made by Homeland Security/ DWR and I doubt very seriously they would consider changing them. We could always ask but I doubt that would change anything. As far as the sheriff's go, we don't have alot of control over what they do but we can voice our concerns and hope things change. Opening and closing times are set for sunrise to sunset. Yes there are periods where we close a little before sunset, but by the time we clear the lake and close the gates it's dark. We would like to believe that we have made alot of changes for the better since Jan. 2011 so come give it a try and let us know what you think.

fishfinder
03-29-2012, 09:22 AM
thanks for answering my question. ok i will give it a try. sounds like you stay open later than before. hoping to get a shot at some of the night fishing. cant make it next week, but some night later in the year if they do it again.

TroutOnly
03-29-2012, 02:40 PM
I LOVE WHAT YOU AND MARK AND THE CREWS HAVE BEEN DOING TAMMY, IVE FISHED THE LAKE SINCE IT WAS OPENED AND WILL BE THERE THIS SAT FOR A GUIDE TRIP,,HOPE TO SEE YOU AND PLEASE SLAP MARK AGAIN I THINK HE NEEDS ONE MORE,,,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,