PDA

View Full Version : 3/27 lb

n1ckxlam
03-27-2012, 06:30 PM
Whats up all, theres not too much to report down here. I decided to hit lb in the am just to poke around the usual spots. the tide was low, and I knew that, but decided to hit the beach anyway. I went waderless, so the low tide really kicked my effective casting distance from the sand on the west end, so i packed up and headed toward the jetty. First cast next to a couple bucketeers, 17inch short butt on the drop shot. nice! casted a couple more times, and decided to try the beach next to the jetty. looks like theyve been playin with the sand a bit, the low tide didnt really affect this spot as much. got hit one more time then took off to see the lady. till next time, no pics, it wasnt worth it really

Nick

murrieta angler
03-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Hola Nick,
You were out fishing while others, including myself, were out working.
It really would be worth it, really...:Razz:
C-Ya Sunday Brotha,
Robert
<><

Re8elmonk0341
03-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Hola Nick,
You were out fishing while others, including myself, were out working.
It really would be worth it, really...:Razz:
C-Ya Sunday Brotha,
Robert
<><

....or while others are watching, changing, and feeding a new born hahahahaha

Which Way Out
03-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Hey Nick I did the same thing today except I hit the peak of the high tide.

Tried Drop shot, LC and a swimbait. Nothing. Water is still cold up this way for what I am looking for.

See ya Sunday, I am bringing my wife, so please bring your GF so she has someone to talk with instead of a bunch of stinky guys.:Rolls Eyes:

WWO

Wingnut
03-28-2012, 09:53 AM
Waderless... lol
I still remember the first time we fished together in PV. Crappy weather, freezing cold water, 6 ft surf... and I see you walk up in shorts and sandals. :Shocked:
If I remember correctly, you're the only one that caught any fish that morning. LOL :LOL:

See you and your girl on Sunday. :Wink:

SP Dan
03-28-2012, 10:25 AM
Hey Nick,

Congrat's on the skunk buster!
I guess I need to keep hitting CLB....I have become a bit discouraged with that particular AO, due to that all it's ever produced for me in the past were pancakes! Hhmmmm! :Wink: Maybe I need to take a day off from work.....Hhmmmm! I like that idea! :LOL:
It's not like I've ever had much success with the Hali's in the past....ha ha ha! I still haven't landed my 1st legal for 2012 yet!

See you on Sunday and thanx for the fish report! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

DockRat
03-29-2012, 05:10 AM
Thanks for the report.

I still haven't landed my 1st legal for 2012 yet!

1 So Cal SW Beach Striper = 10 legal halibut.
DR

smokehound
03-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Meh.. Stripers are *okay* but I think yellowtails deserve that spot instead. A striper would be like.... 5 legals. :LOL:

bones
03-30-2012, 07:40 PM
Sorry for the late reply Nick.....My Bad!

At least you got your feet on the sand and did some exploring......food for the soul I always say!

Keep at it bro.

I got a little confused....Roberto mentioned that you were leaving to move up north.....Did old Bones miss somthing?

flyngby
03-30-2012, 09:17 PM
Nick,

Keep hitting the waters and that desired qualifying fish will come your way!

See you Sunday!

Steve http://planetsmilies.net/person-smiley-1122.gif

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/BlackWidow.jpg

bsp
03-31-2012, 09:34 AM
Nick,

Always good to get out and stick a fish, even if it's a shorty. LB seems to always kick out shorties whenever I've fished it, but occasionally produces some nicer fish. Hopefully some of our local spots will start picking up soon and we can meet up to stick some legals.

Marc