PDA

View Full Version : Caddis Step-in Fin Straps

IN2DEEP
03-26-2012, 09:19 PM
The strap seems to loosen during usage
Is there a secret to keep the straps tight and remain that way?
Thanks!

mojomizer
03-27-2012, 10:36 AM
Cannot help you on your fins..... Geeze you are the most Mcguyver type person I know. I have heard that Force Fins are great with less effort.

Mo

IN2DEEP
03-27-2012, 10:09 PM
Cannot help you on your fins..... Geeze you are the most Mcguyver type person I know. I have heard that Force Fins are great with less effort.

Mo
Geeze, 3 post since 2008? :Shocked:
Using Hot Spot fins and satisfied with them
I think there are some guys here that use the Caddis step-in fins and seemed happy with them
The Caddis fins that I have will be loaners for somebody using my extra tube. Just want to set them up and not have the straps loosen on them

Alaska's going to be a blast!
Talk to you soon

RiverWalker
03-28-2012, 09:52 AM
Your right. Some people on this board use those step in fins and actually like them. Not sure how or why but...ok. I had the same mind set as you once I upgraded. I loaned them to a friend who I was trying to get into tubing and it almost backfired. While I was drifting with ease around North Lake in Bishop, he basically kicked around for 30 minutes or so and then beached himself where the wind took him and fished from the shoreline the rest of the session. It basically ruined his first experience and it was almost going to be his last. Luckily I was able to convince him to try it again with better fins and now he's been tubing at least once a week for the last 2 years. Moral of the story....Don't loan your friends junk! hahaha...

Damm....Going to Alaska? What a lucky guy! Are you planing to fish in a bay or head up further inland?
I'm jealous! Good luck out there! That's definitely THE Dream destination for me!

mojomizer
03-28-2012, 08:48 PM
Geeze, when you inviting me to float tube with you?

Now it's 4 posts since 2008 actually more but pre apocalyptic FNN meltdown.

People here scare me :EyePop: you have ninja's, mafioso's, swat commando's, women who catch more fish then the guy's and a character named DR.

Ooooops not to thread jack....... So maybe there are some boots that would help make a more secure attachment to the foot?????????

Team AAB 2012
Mo

seal
03-29-2012, 08:15 AM
Your right. Some people on this board use those step in fins and actually like them. Not sure how or why but...ok. I had the same mind set as you once I upgraded. I loaned them to a friend who I was trying to get into tubing and it almost backfired. While I was drifting with ease around North Lake in Bishop, he basically kicked around for 30 minutes or so and then beached himself where the wind took him and fished from the shoreline the rest of the session. It basically ruined his first experience and it was almost going to be his last. Luckily I was able to convince him to try it again with better fins and now he's been tubing at least once a week for the last 2 years. Moral of the story....Don't loan your friends junk! hahaha...

Damm....Going to Alaska? What a lucky guy! Are you planing to fish in a bay or head up further inland?
I'm jealous! Good luck out there! That's definitely THE Dream destination for me!

North lake, that little lake? I love to jump in on these fin threads! Yes the only fin that will ever work is the Force fins.

But if you don't like wearing out your waders when you come to shore to take a piss then you have to take off your fins and put on sandals or something cause from what I understand wading boots do not fit in Force fins. Why would a fin that is being used for float tubing not be compatible with boots? I understand if your body surfing or riding a sponge in the surf but would think it important to be able to walk around a little if your float tubing.

I just enjoy giving you guys a little crap but will admit the last time out my Caddis fins loosened on me in the wind and crap at Silverwood almost didn't make it to shore but this was the first time it's happened that drastically, hope it doesn't happen again or I'll be "forced" into buying a new pair.

RiverWalker
04-04-2012, 03:57 PM
What's up Seal. Yes that little lake. The size of the lake isn't important. It's amount of hours of kicking around whether it's on a little lake like North or larger lakes like Crowley. I'm not saying that Force fins are the only fins that work. They all do. Just some are better that others. I've own those Caddis fins, Adjustable Force fins and Hot Spots so I could only speak on my experiences with those brands. I never put my bare waders stocking feet in my fins. Like you said, it would subject them to getting ripped on shore. I use those Glacier Glove neoprene wading booties to go over my stocking feet. In my opinion, Force fins are WAY over priced though. I give you credit for using those caddis fins. Either you have incredibly strong legs or your are incredibly stubborn. hahaha. I'm actually surprised your caddis fins haven't loosened up on you more often. Those cheap clips broke on mine the second time being used.