PDA

View Full Version : 3/25/2012 slow fishing. . ...

Moochie2124
03-26-2012, 07:10 PM
Hit thee Vine yesterday. pretty much had thee lake to myself maybe 20 boats MAX. . ... But with that being said fishing was SUPER SLOW by Vine standards. Managed to scrap up 5 by 1:30. Would've stayed out but thee weather made me think otherwise. was fishing in Sierra Cove when i decided to leave. Came around thee corner and felt like i was in thee ocean and not at Irvine. Back to fishing. The fish were holding deep probably due to how clear the water is, so i adjusted accordingly switching from 6 pound test to 4 pound test. (really didnt make a difference).Tried everything from nightcrawler under a bobber to power mouse and everything in between. Managed a nice 5.14 trout on Garlic PB outta sierra cove. Other than that fish the rest were your average size stockers. I fished from the flats to woodys cove to the west shore to sierra cove and im more of a bait and wait kind of fisherman but i was chasing fish yesterday. overall good trip and will be there this weekend for thee tourny!! tight lines!!

Rooster
03-26-2012, 09:05 PM
Nice report. Glad you pulled on atleast one quality toad. Hope ya get one like that on Saturday. Would be cool to see ya on the stand collecting cash and a golden ticket.

fishfnatic
03-27-2012, 10:16 AM
Nice job on the beast. Way to persevere and pull out a limit.

Hitts0n
03-27-2012, 03:26 PM
thanks for reporting!! got your limits! better then the skunk! see you saturday!!

JAG107
03-27-2012, 05:26 PM
Hey a 5+lb fish is a great catch for this year, I'd say you had a great day. Sometimes you gotta move around to get em, and that's what you did. At least the weather held up for you and it wasn't crowded, wish I could have been there!