PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood Lakes 3/24/12 New Fishgirl

Mojave River Angler
03-26-2012, 03:23 PM
A friend wanted me to introduce her daughter to fishing. I'm afraid I messed it up pretty bad. They live at Silver Lakes in Helendale so I figured that would be as good a place as any (WRONG). I had been told by other friends that the fishing there is pretty slow, so we kept our hopes an expectations in check. My son and I go there at sunrise and dropped a line in the water to test things out. I think it took less than three minutes to catch a nice stalker trout. So we let that go and went over to get the ladies and bring them down to the water and introduce them to fishing. An hour later we had our limits (2 per) for the 4 of us. At one point we even had a double going. It was just bam bam, done. It is sooooooo cool to see the expressions the first time they get a bite and feel the tug. And several treated us to aerial displays. If you have not taken someone out for a first time fishing experience lately, I highly recommend it. It reminds you of why you are there. This poor girl probably thinks that every puddle has fish in it now.

Mojave River Angler

white belt
03-26-2012, 03:39 PM
Awesome report! Fishergal for life right there. Im taking my sisters little girl this sat for her first time. Hope I can put her on some fish as well.

LGHT
03-26-2012, 05:34 PM
that's a great lake and I love fishing for bass in the summer. That lake is great for bass with all the cover and fingers. Nice going and wow she has great form already!